Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Yeah, me too! I just bought a Rally car in preparation for the Trackside TCS. I'm more excited about it than any other class.
Some one please throw a bucket of water on Bill so he does not explode before Feb.

See you then Bill,,,
Marty
Old 12-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Some one please throw a bucket of water on Bill so he does not explode before Feb.

See you then Bill,,,
Marty
I think he needs a few more cars so he can be more clear on what class to run.

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I do have one I bought used, unfortunately without the body.
In the process of testing it. Thinking about running it as my 2nd or 3rd class. It will probably make the TCS race trips, if I run it that would be another story.

Kinda vague uncertanty right now about it.
Jeff, you should run 103GT, we haven't seen a Dupont #24 Courage yet
besides that, the more the merrier
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Old 12-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Rules, Teching, Cheating.

The PO-PO will be at Trackside and other TCS events this year...
Old 12-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Will Trackside still be running a rally class now that Tamiya has a buggy class and a Tamtech offroad class?

I sure hope rally is still a class.
As I was told....RALLY must be IN. Rally class is considered a TRACKSIDE SPECIAL...and it is not a TCS must have class. With all the turn out of RALLY @ Trackside thru out the year and the pass TCS race, it is impossible to see TRACKSIDE (Scotty) will terminated the Rally class and run the OFF ROAD class with probably 2-3 entries...(I have a brand new 501X, you can imagine how disappointed I am)

More likely....there might not be enough ppl running off road...but I am 99.99999% sure Rally is still in. Beside....there are no other class can see real drifting on dirt beside the RALLY class. Again, drifting suppose to be on DIRT..not on parking lot and waste tire or PVC pipe...

Trackside or Scotty please confirm that info....

NEXUS....your TA05R is still over Japan, along with the 416. They said they will throw in some Wasabi if you do buy it now. And they are TCS legal....
Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Ah, when it comes to reading the rules,
5 out of 2 racers are "dyslexic"

And they getfor to go to the Chet table.

Who is Chet anyway
Old 12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
And they getfor to go to the Chet table.

Who is Chet anyway
I think that's Troy's middle name, you know, you take your car to the "Chet table" before you set you car on the track!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Jeff, you should run 103GT, we haven't seen a Dupont #24 Courage yet besides that, the more the merrier
I am torn between 3 classes.

I think of Tamiya Core classes are:
GT1, GT2, GT3, Mini and Spec. You are only allowed to run 2 only.

Exhibition Classes are the other classes outside the Core.
F103GT, Tamtech, etc. . .

Specialty Classes are designed by the host track;
Rally on dirt.

With that in mind I think Tamiya should stick to the Core rules allowing only 2 max for those classes. Then open up additional classes where you can run 3, 4 or 5. The F103GT was a class I could run at the nats in addition to another class. I think for that class to survive it needs a boost to where you don't have to sacrifice a Core class to run it. My investment is in GT2 & GT3, Doc might be GT3 and Mini, someone else GT1 & GT2. If some crazy fool decides to run more classes than they can keep up with well the race director will not wait for them, an efficient program will get the cars to the line within a time limit or you just miss your race, plain and simple.

I would like to see the F103GT class survive, put up against the likes of GT's and Mini, it is just another class that will be retired due to "lack of interest". When really it is the new kid on the block trying to compete against multiple years of tradition.

With that in mind I would be tempted to run GT2, GT3 and F103GT if the rules allowed me to, right now it does not seem like it and I am more comfortable with sedan.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Rally on dirt.

With that in mind I think Tamiya should stick to the Core rules allowing only 2 max for those classes. Then open up additional classes where you can run 3, 4 or 5. The F103GT was a class I could run at the nats in addition to another class. I think for that class to survive it needs a boost to where you don't have to sacrifice a Core class to run it. My investment is in GT2 & GT3, Doc might be GT3 and Mini, someone else GT1 & GT2. If some crazy fool decides to run more classes than they can keep up with well the race director will not wait for them, an efficient program will get the cars to the line within a time limit or you just miss your race, plain and simple.

I would like to see the F103GT class survive, put up against the likes of GT's and Mini, it is just another class that will be retired due to "lack of interest". When really it is the new kid on the block trying to compete against multiple years of tradition.

With that in mind I would be tempted to run GT2, GT3 and F103GT if the rules allowed me to, right now it does not seem like it and I am more comfortable with sedan.
Jeff, you have my vote!

Fred Forg
Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SoCal 2008 TCS?
Some area's of the country have a plan, any news for SoCal?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Rally on dirt.

If you are concerned about the life of the class, then support it by running it.
Pardon my ignorance, but I fail to see the appeal of running 2 GT classes.
I know each to his own and all, but for me the whole appeal of TCS has always been the variety, GT2 and 3 are so close to one another I just don't see it.
As far as allowing people to run more classes, do we want to stretch these events to 3 days? if you allow something like that, thats what will happen. Personally, I would like to see them make rally one of your two allowable classes. Scotty and crew did an unbelievably great job of getting us out the door and on the road early this year, but how many extra heats were added for people to run rally as a third class? I will probably catch alot of S__t for posting this ,but for those of us that make the trek from Detroit and other points by car, the earlier we get on the road, the earlier we get home, or the more flexibility we have in the event of bad weather.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are many ways to work around it and gain time. If classes are loaded, just run fuller 10 car heats. For one day races, that is up the the host track to efficiently run through the program. I don't think it is the numbers that slow things down as much as triple A-mains and race directors that wait for people to get to the line. From races I have seen and ran, usually the 1st round of qualifying you give a little slack but keep to a certain clock. After that you stick to the clock people are surprisingly ontop of it.

I run 2 sedan classes year round. Although I have lately subbed my TA05 with my F103GT, so I can get it ready for GT3 at trackside.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There are many ways to work around it and gain time. If classes are loaded, just run fuller 10 car heats. For one day races, that is up the the host track to efficiently run through the program. I don't think it is the numbers that slow things down as much as triple A-mains and race directors that wait for people to get to the line. From races I have seen and ran, usually the 1st round of qualifying you give a little slack but keep to a certain clock. After that you stick to the clock people are surprisingly ontop of it.

I run 2 sedan classes year round. Although I have lately subbed my TA05 with my F103GT, so I can get it ready for GT3 at trackside.
Lets go to "THE TRACK" or "TRACKSIDE" and get some carpet run time...I have my 05R 13.5 lipo ready...so does the F103GT Silver can lipo ready. The part is not ready is driving skill.

I am sure the 05R is dialed no matter what setup I have now...I just need to spend more time on F103GT, that is one tough car to master....honestly.

(Just realized....4000 posts mostly during work hours....awesome)
Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
(Just realized....4000 posts mostly during work hours....awesome)
98% of mine too.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Any word on the complete 2008 schedule?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.