Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
The NY boys will be gentle, did not think you would drive in such a slow class.

I really enjoy the 540 class. Wish my track would restart the class like it was last winter. I raced the 540 class all summer. I find it far more driver oritented than 27 or 19.

Have we raced before?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Wow!!!!! I was jazzed about the chance to run Lipos. I run mini and GT3 and now will have to have seperate charging systems for each car or I'll just have to run Nimh. On top of this the weight requirement in some of the classes would require you to add a sofa to your car if you were running lipos. Lipos generally have less punch than Nimh but have the advantage of being lighter. Nix that advantage. The main reason I wanted to run lipo is that I got sick of buying batteries that only last 10-20 heats. Why not just open the whole thing up to lipo? Pandoras box is open already so lets run them in all classes. You could just require weight minimums in all classes and no one would gain an advantage.
The problem we found during testing was that once you put a lipo with a 10.5 motor, there was a significant performance advatnage to it. We want to limit the lipo advantage so that we are not in essence forcing people to buy a lipo and brushless system to compete in the TCS. While the market is going towards brushless and lipo, it would not be fair to make everyone change everything from one year to the next. Making it an option in the other two classes is the best thing we can do right now and still have the newer systems be competitive with the old systems.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CarKing
The problem we found during testing was that once you put a lipo with a 10.5 motor, there was a significant performance advatnage to it. We want to limit the lipo advantage so that we are not in essence forcing people to buy a lipo and brushless system to compete in the TCS. While the market is going towards brushless and lipo, it would not be fair to make everyone change everything from one year to the next. Making it an option in the other two classes is the best thing we can do right now and still have the newer systems be competitive with the old systems.
Fair enough, but my question would then be why not allow them in mini?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I really enjoy the 540 class. Wish my track would restart the class like it was last winter. I raced the 540 class all summer. I find it far more driver oritented than 27 or 19.

Have we raced before?
If you are ever in Seattle you should come to SIR for silver can Saturday night. We allow no other motors and the competition is fantastic. You can check it out on RCLive.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's the same reason we do not allow Lipo in the Spec class, as both Spec and Mini are designed to be a lower cost class. Allowing Lipos will be something to think about next season, but we are gradually making the transition one step at a time.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Think of it as an experiment for 2008.

Last edited by larrio; 12-13-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
The problem we found during testing was that once you put a lipo with a 10.5 motor, there was a significant performance advatnage to it.
what kind of performance advantage may i ask? lipo has slightly lower voltage compare to IB's... with the added lead weight to make the minimum weight requirement, I don't see any advantage with lipo. was your car 1550gram during your lipo test?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

There is no advantage...in fact brushless NIMH has the advantage.
Originally Posted by over gear
what kind of performance advantage may i ask? lipo has slightly lower voltage compare to IB's... with the added lead weight to make the minimum weight requirement, I don't see any advantage with lipo. was your car 1550gram during your lipo test?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by over gear
The performance advantage was from the weight (or lack thereof). Hence he indicates that the weigh limit was established to even out the field.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you are ever in Seattle you should come to SIR for silver can Saturday night. We allow no other motors and the competition is fantastic. You can check it out on RCLive.

Sound fun!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I do have one I bought used, unfortunately without the body.
In the process of testing it. Thinking about running it as my 2nd or 3rd class. It will probably make the TCS race trips, if I run it that would be another story.

Kinda vague uncertanty right now about it.
Come on....you saw me running that things @ HTSC...it just LOOKS GOOD running it...we have to pit each other so I can steal some of your SILVER CAN SPEED SECRET....

My question to you is...isn't that there is a 2 TC class rule? Everyone can only run maximum 2 classes of TC? For me...GT2 and F103GT, and I cannot run mini or GT1....but I can run the RALLY as 3rd cause Rally is not a TC class...is that true?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Come on....you saw me running that things @ HTSC...it just LOOKS GOOD running it...we have to pit each other so I can steal some of your SILVER CAN SPEED SECRET....

My question to you is...isn't that there is a 2 TC class rule? Everyone can only run maximum 2 classes of TC? For me...GT2 and F103GT, and I cannot run mini or GT1....but I can run the RALLY as 3rd cause Rally is not a TC class...is that true?
Howard,

That is correct, you can only run up to 2 official TCS classes. The Rally class is an ad on at Trackside and can be run as a 3rd class.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Will Trackside still be running a rally class now that Tamiya has a buggy class and a Tamtech offroad class?

I sure hope rally is still a class.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Will Trackside still be running a rally class now that Tamiya has a buggy class and a Tamtech offroad class?

Yeah, me too! I just bought a Rally car in preparation for the Trackside TCS. I'm more excited about it than any other class.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I thought you had all the speed secrets, I should be watching you . . .
I already miss running outside, feel like a folding chair at these indoor tracks.

Originally Posted by Hawk6

If I remember right Scotty loves running the class and the "Field of Dreams" quote comes to mind about the interpetation of Rally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.