Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Rest assured that all comments are noted and taken down by me. Nothing reasonable is ever just put aside and all points are considered for every season. Granted we can't please everyone, there is a certain gray area that we try to reach as a compromise.

Although it is amusing to see how addressing one issue from a previous year usually only entails more backlash for the upcoming one.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No matter what the sport and what the prize, from kids leagues to Formula 1, people will cheat. Unfortunately in a society obsessed with winning is everything and second is the first loser, it will happen. The best thing we can do as drivers is support the series and officials by helping. If you see someone pulling weight off their car, point it out to tech immediaetly, don't wait until well after a race to say some one did it. Teching for weight before AND after is a great suggestion.

Racing toy cars for bowling trophies should be fun. We pay to race, we are not paid to race. As for adding more classes, look at how many 2-day races there are now due to the amount of drivers. Probably why Fred is mixing brushless / brushed together in GT-1 and 2 and lipo / nimh in GT-2. To have added a "GT-4" class would have just made the days that much longer.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I left a message on Fred's voicemail about our local track hosting a TCS race this coming season. I assume that's the channel I need to go to right?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I agree that the drivers need to police their sport. Teching cars after a race is key in my opinion. At some Tamiya races where there is a post race tech table, a few drivers do not bring their cars to the tech area and are not called on it. As far as the length of a race, triple "A" mains are one of the big extenders. Most of the drivers sit on the second day after running one main, and wait for the end of the race. If that's what the majority wants then O.K. I think at the big turnouts as you see at Trackside, drivers should be able to bump up from the lower mains. At least the drivers who would normally be sitting for the majority of the second day would have an incentive. I know that bumping up presents some possible problems with batteries and frequencies, but the driver bumping up would have the responsibility.In the events where there is a single day of racing and additional 30 minutes or less is not a big deal in my opinion. At Memphis there was a big turnout. There were over fifty minis, It was done in one day.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oops, sorry, I thought I was reading a TCS thread....turns out I am reading a ROAR thread!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Oops, sorry, I thought I was reading a TCS thread....turns out I am reading a ROAR thread!
starting to sound like one huh? Larry, make sure you "continue" the tradition of a hot looking trophy girl.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

I don't hire them, I just take the pictures. You can petition Fred for that one.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
starting to sound like one huh? Larry, make sure you "continue" the tradition of a hot looking trophy girl.
Trophy girl, where is trackside's trophy girl? Larry better make sure fred brings one this year.

Originally Posted by larrio
I don't hire them, I just take the pictures. You can petition Fred for that one.
Sure larry I bet you approve of them before hand though.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Larry,

I will have to take you at your word. Matthew will run his TT01 this year for his last year in the spec division, the TL01 will be converted to Rally for him to run in that class.

Thanks again for getting back to me and explaining everything. It still does not make sense to me when comparing FDR and then talking about all the gear reductions. I always thought that FDR was FDR.

Anyway those are the rules and we will stick to them.

We do this for the fun anyway.

Thanks,
Larry
I can vouch for Larrio's recollection of the Trackside Spec race last year. I had a front row seat to what happened. It WAS an honest mistake with the TL01 driver having speed gears, and once rectified the cars were very close and driving (and traffic) became the deciding factor. The main saw a great battle between 3-4 cars, and it was anyone's race.

I attended about half of the TCS events last year, and the only track with questionable "spec" racers in my opinion was Memphis. This is due largely to the fact that several of those drivers viewed spec as a "spec" class, and not necessarily a rookie class.

Deciding who really belongs in the spec class will always be a subject of debate, but is covered well in the TCS rules. I ran spec at my first TCS event, but quickly realized I didn't belong and have not run it since. But for the record, I still didn't win.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So Larrio, now that we've seen a peek at the rules, how about the schedule? Rumor has it Trackside is February 9-10, SIR is March 29-30, and Memphis is May 4th. What other tracks can we expect?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS 2008 SEASON

I believe this upcoming season will be really something:
Think about all the combonations in GT2 and GT3:
Brushed and Lipos and Weight
Brushless and Lipos and Weight
Brushed and NMIH and No Weight
Brushless and NMIH and No Weight
Johnson and Lipos and Weight
Johnson and NMIH and No Weight

I believe one could dial themselves right out of the ballpark with all these options at places like SIR, Trackside, Memphis??
I am sure glad I bought the Novak telemetry System to help with the variables?
Man, this is going to just like F1 with all the computer banks back in the pits looking at every section of the car to get the most out of it I love it.
There is an old saying in Racing " How do I make a small fortune in racing start with a large fortune" Gentlemen get out your Debit Cards $$$$$$
SH.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
Rest assured that all comments are noted and taken down by me. Nothing reasonable is ever just put aside and all points are considered for every season. Granted we can't please everyone, there is a certain gray area that we try to reach as a compromise.

Although it is amusing to see how addressing one issue from a previous year usually only entails more backlash for the upcoming one.
So in the midst of all this bitching, did anyone stop to notice that is quite a bit before Xmas and we have classes, rules for the classes, and some fairly firm (huhuhuh I said firm) dates and locations at which to run these classes to these rules. The only way it could be any better is if it was Swiftalots schedule, in which I would be broke and divorced, and not necessarily in that order. Speaking of firm, reminds me of Elizabeth Ashley, meaty beaty big and bouncy!!! Hiyooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: nod:
Old 12-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I understood GT1 and GT2 both had min. weight requirements, with or without brushless/lipo/brushed/nimh

All cars should have to meet the weight requirements.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Wow!!!!! I was jazzed about the chance to run Lipos. I run mini and GT3 and now will have to have seperate charging systems for each car or I'll just have to run Nimh. On top of this the weight requirement in some of the classes would require you to add a sofa to your car if you were running lipos. Lipos generally have less punch than Nimh but have the advantage of being lighter. Nix that advantage. The main reason I wanted to run lipo is that I got sick of buying batteries that only last 10-20 heats. Why not just open the whole thing up to lipo? Pandoras box is open already so lets run them in all classes. You could just require weight minimums in all classes and no one would gain an advantage.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i plan to run lipo + brushless in GT2... but i'm 180g under weight. how the heck am i going to add 180g on the ta05?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.