Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Awesome work guys! Get all the pics you can!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

great job guys.

tony f, juan... you guys are sitting pretty. hopefully we'll see TWO WORLD CHAMPIONS coming home. im rooting for you guys. deven, i hope you get your troubles figured out and maybe a clean sweep? its possible guys. come on ling, turn on that secret "glitch" button you have so that guys in front will glitch out and give you the lead! give em hell!

im about to leave to camp out for a black friday sale. hopefully come home with a BIGGER and BETTER TV in about 12 hours. 1080P baby.

Last edited by Hebiki; 11-22-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Day 2:

Tony F TQ'ed all three rounds.

Juan TQ'ed 2 out of three rounds but roasted either his speedo, battery or motor.

Devin is qualified 5th.

I'm qualified right behind Marc Rheinard, but the bad news is that I'm qualified 6th (Marc is 5th). The Japanese kid running the TA05 was faster than Rheinhard by 0.4 seconds in the last round....Holy snot. Victor Wilck really stepped it up today and is qualified 3rd.

One more round of qualifying tomorrow and then the mains. I think we are all locked into the A-main, so we're all coming home. This is fun. I think this will snap me out of retirement. 416 is looking real good.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by linger
Day 2:

Tony F TQ'ed all three rounds.

Juan TQ'ed 2 out of three rounds but roasted either his speedo, battery or motor.

Devin is qualified 5th.

I'm qualified right behind Marc Rheinard, but the bad news is that I'm qualified 6th (Marc is 5th). The Japanese kid running the TA05 was faster than Rheinhard by 0.4 seconds in the last round....Holy snot. Victor Wilck really stepped it up today and is qualified 3rd.

One more round of qualifying tomorrow and then the mains. I think we are all locked into the A-main, so we're all coming home. This is fun. I think this will snap me out of retirement. 416 is looking real good.
Way to go guys!

Sounds like Juan and Tony are doing great.
What type of times are they getting compared to the competition?

How is Deven doing? is it car or is it driving? OR is he reigh there .007 sec behind TQ.

Now Ling. How are you holding up to the preasure? How is the car?
Is Satoshi racing this year? Is Paphon racing this year?

Very Impresive!

So away from racing what else have you done in town?
How is the Show?

Lots of pictures guys. (make me what to go back)
Old 11-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

sorry double post

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 11-23-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Way to go guys!

Sounds like Juan and Tony are doing great.
What type of times are they getting compared to the competition?

How is Deven doing? is it car or is it driving? OR is he reigh there .007 sec behind TQ.

Now Ling. How are you holding up to the preasure? How is the car?
Is Satoshi racing this year? Is Paphon racing this year?

Very Impresive!

So away from racing what else have you done in town?
How is the Show?

Lots of pictures guys. (make me what to go back)

I've been 3-4 tenths up each round
Juans been about 2-3 tenths up, but something is causing his car to slow down to a crawl at about the 3 minute mark, my guess is something is wrong with his speedo which is dumping too much juice to the motor too fast and the tamiya plugs can't handle it...
Devin is wickid fast but his car has developed a traction roll going into a particularly fast sharp turn (lots of the minis are going for a tumble there...) Some setup tweeks and he should be right there
Ling is also blazing, but the dude with the box stock TA05 is flat out untouchable. I have faith that Ling can still whoop up on Rienhard though

So we've been hitting the town at night finding some grub noodle houses and a super bomb authentic traditional japanese place tonight was awesome. We all got some brews (all but Ling who drank soda like a little girl) and we were laughing it up at anything that was even slightly funny... good old loud obnoxious americans eh? We also found this bar that is literally 10x15 feet... frickin awesome, the lady that runs it doesn't speek a lick of english, but has managed to teach me some basic Japanese...awesome

The show is amazing... 2 huge halls filled with everything imaginable R/C and model related... mini 4x4s, tanks, fighting robots, model painting demos ect ect ect ect ect . there is also a 3rd hall that has a sick auto show, we saw the new skyline (it looks kind of like a corvette raped a mustang in a robotech factory... sweeeeeet!!!) We got a ton of limited addition parts and stuff.
Anyhow I'm off to bed...konbanwa!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I JUST FINISHED INSTANT MESSAGING TONY AND HE SAID IT GOES BY FASTEST LAP AND HES WON EVERY ROUND BR 3 TO 4 TENTHS SO HES SITTIN PRETTY
Old 11-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Yes, it is single fastest lap or a 4 minute round of which only 3 minutes is timed. Or atleast it was that way last year.

Keith was 2 tenths up going into the mains last year, but the kid from Germany was all the sudden passing Keith on the straight land adding 10 feet, almost like he had a 7 cell pack. That was with a fixed gear ratio

Good news Tony.
Can you or Ling ask Deven if the card I sent worked for him?

What kind of limited parts do they have for sale?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
What kind of limited parts do they have for sale?
I got a silvery blue carbon fiber top plate and battery strap for the TA05. they also have all the clear blue, and clear smoke grey plastic parts (bulkheads, braces, bumper ect). There are a ton of mini colors Devin bought a sick looking metallic blue parts tree for the mini, they also have all kinds of colored rims. they have the white, and the milkey blue springs, sway bars (black and milky blue).
Old 11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yea they also gave all the international drivers a gold camber guage and turnbuckle cup wrench thing (holds the ball cups while you screw them on). They are one of a kind pieces as they are engraved with the tamiya world championship logo (and the gold color)
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Oh yea they also gave all the international drivers a gold camber guage and turnbuckle cup wrench thing (holds the ball cups while you screw them on). They are one of a kind pieces as they are engraved with the tamiya world championship logo (and the gold color)
We got those last year as well probably only difference was they have the 2006 World Cahmpionship logo.

Good Luck today Guys
Old 11-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yeah, Good luck guys!!!

And thanks for the updates. It's a lot of fun cyber-bench racing!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Here's some local coverage.

www.rct.jp
Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Are those the final results? So Juan is bringing home some wood?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

I found this..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.