Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
We're here in Japan,
...and there are a lot of school girls here. wow.
nice, I like, sexy time!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We're here in Japan,
good luck man. i put money down that you'll set the fast lap if and only if your in the first qualifier and first one to leave at the tone.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

We're here in Japan,
Ok now for the USA Team Motivation Speech

A past US champion told me this.

"If you don't get in the A main, You ain't allowed to come back home!"

This applies to all of you, Yes you too Ling. Actually Ling you better be in the top 6 or I'm gonna call customs and tell them about your fetish! That might not be a pleasant interogation session!

Well and Ling if you remember your exact comment to me last year. That better apply to Juan. No excusses. He has you there. Pass that comment on to Juan for me. And if I need to I can PM it to you to refresh your memory.

All in all Guys Have fun! Enjoy all your buffet meals.
It will go by so quick, before you know it you'll be home wishing you were still racing in Japan.

"KICK SOME ARSE"
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Troy/Tamiyaracer - Shut up. I'm too washed up to make the A anymore.

DAY 1:

JUAN IS A FAILURE.

We had a fun run at the Tamiya Kakegawa asphalt circuit. This track is HUUUGE. Most of the international guys didn't take their stuff out since their cars were freshly rebuilt for the real race on carpet at the Shizuoka Convention center. I popped in a 4.5 brushless and a super Kokam 4.0Ah 30C lipo pack. It was F@#$% ballistic. I took a couple of laps and let Juan drive a lap. On lap 2, Juan wads up my car at 50+ MPH into a 15 lb concrete barrier. What the hell? He destroyed my car and the race starts tomorrow. How the hell did Juan win TCS nationals? He's got the throttle control of a 500 lb raped ape.

We also bought some toy boy and arrows. Juan lets one fly on the bus, missed Devin by about 3 feet and almost impales the head of our guide by 2 inches. Way to go Juan. How much more can you suck.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Yea Lings cars was faaaaaaaaast, it was a huuuge track and his car was still accellerating at the end of a 100+ yard straightaway!!! Meanwhile my ballistic machine was puttering around for 30+ second lap times hahaha... I was running the motor we'll be running tomorrow and the stock gearing... I was soooo fast that leaves blowing in the wind were passing me on the straight
Old 11-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good job Gayzer.You will have a lot of feet licking to do tonight while Ling tries to rebuild.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Weird schedule... You guys went to Kakegawa before the actual race? Would have been a lot more fun if everyone pulled out their car...

Ling's car destroyed... At least you have an excuse now in case you don't make the top 6 like what Troy said... good luck, have fun... and don't forget to take lots of pictures (I never got to see Neil's collection of Japanese ladies jpegs when we were there so you might want to start your own to share with us... ).
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eeyan
Weird schedule... You guys went to Kakegawa before the actual race? Would have been a lot more fun if everyone pulled out their car...

Ling's car destroyed... At least you have an excuse now in case you don't make the top 6 like what Troy said... good luck, have fun... and don't forget to take lots of pictures (I never got to see Neil's collection of Japanese ladies jpegs when we were there so you might want to start your own to share with us... ).
Do do that Eeyan. Don't Give Ling Excuses! Gosh with all the excuses he is giving, we might have to call him Juan. Cause we all know that Juan makes many excuses when he doesn't do as well as people expect.

6th or better Ling!!!
Podium or you kids will be discrased, Juan!
Deven you should make the podium!
and Big Rig I have faith after Vegas you'll be there on the podium maybe even higher on the podium than Deven!

Bring back the hardware guys!

Remember, watch out for the yellow flag in your side view. Ask me or Dawson, it is a curse. Drive clean, drive fast, and drive safe!
Corner to corner is your fast lap, Dave Jun told me a flowing line is a waste of time, with the gearing restrictions corner speed has no benifit. The shortest you can make the track has all the benefit. Keep tight to all boards and straight line corner to corner as much as possible. p.s. the boards are soft.

This is a different year for the Tamiya participants, the show changed dates for some reason, in the past practice started Friday, Quals on Saturday, and mains on Sunday.
This year it is practice on Thursday, quals on Friday, and mains on Sunday.

With that said are boys should be waking up in the next few hours, breakfast, then they get the meeting in the hotel ballroom. and off to the track for some slippin and a sliding, on the loose carpet track! And Mcdonalds for lunch!
If I remember 9:00am meeting, track 10:30, practice 12:00

Ling did you get to the Tamiya headquarters yesterday? Did they give you guys gifts?

Hey Eeyan, do you still have something for me? I never have seen it.

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 11-21-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

[QUOTE=tamiyarcracer;3891260]
Ling did you get to the Tamiya headquarters yesterday? Did they give you guys gifts?QUOTE]

We got hooked up like a tow truck... on an entirely unrelated note anyone lookin for a TA05 IFS kit? hehehe

Last edited by Big Rigg; 11-21-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Big Rigg;3891403]
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Ling did you get to the Tamiya headquarters yesterday? Did they give you guys gifts?QUOTE]

We got hooked up like a tow truck... on an entirely unrelated note anyone lookin for a TA05 IFS kit? hehehe
Hey Tony, I think Nemo and I are the only ones still playing with the IFS out here on the Left Coast. Have fun, get drunk (after the mains and keep an eye on Deven) party like a mad dog (don't let Ling take any incriminating photos) have a blast and represent us well !

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 11-22-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Hey Tony, I think Nemo and I are the only ones still playing with the IFS out here on the Left Coast. Have fun, get drunk (after the mains and keep an eye on Dylan) party like a mad dog (don't let Ling take any incriminating photos) have a blast and represent us well !
Keep an eye on Dylan?? I thought Deven was going!

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 11-21-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ling, Juan was trying to break-in the car for you... now, u r all set.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

Practice today was hella fun!!! There are alot of turns in the track this year... even the back straight has a kind of kink half way down. And no sweeper. Traction is pretty good, the track grooved up after the 1st round and got better each run.

So hows this for creepy if today were qualifying both Juan, Ling and myself would be sitting 3rd on the grid... Devin's car likes to shed his transponder so he didn't get many laps counted, but his car looks very quick.

Last edited by Big Rigg; 11-22-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ling did you get to the Tamiya headquarters yesterday? Did they give you guys gifts

Dude, everyone got gifts but me, but I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to be here.

Ok now for the USA Team Motivation Speech

A past US champion told me this.

"If you don't get in the A main, You ain't allowed to come back home!"

This applies to all of you, Yes you too Ling. Actually Ling you better be in the top 6 or I'm gonna call customs and tell them about your fetish! That might not be a pleasant interogation session!
DAY #2:

Today we had 5 rounds of practice. The first three rounds were not timed. The last two rounds were timed. Qualifying is based off of fast lap.

MINI:
Devin missed the first 2 rounds of practice....he was having some issues.

GT2400: (28 turn motor)

Tony is doing great. Tony is sitting pretty in 3rd place during the timed practice rounds. Japan is 1 and 2. The following is their fast laps during the first and second timed session.
1. Japan 19.871 19.903
2. Japan 20.318 20.069
3. TONY 20.429 20.226

GT3700: (25 turn motor)

Juan is doing great too. He's sitting ugly in 4th place. Japan is 1 and 2.
The following are their fast lap times:
1. Japan 18.582 18.512
2. Japan 19.076 18.256
3. Patrick 18.744 18.318
4. Juan A 18.825 18.516

I just went through Juan's car tonight. He's got some dead bearings and a completely seized up suspension arm. He will only get faster and he's running an EVO 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT VICTORY:
I'm doing ok, I think. Actually, I'm doing better than OK. I'm not completely washed up yet. I have a little bit of a fight left in me,.

1. Japan 16.129 16.366
2. Marc R 16.910 16.536
3. Ling T 16.961 16.686
4. Japan 17.050 16.791
5. Victor Wilck 17.188 16.893
11. Marcus Askell 19.366 17.476

Get this. The kid from Japan that is kicking everyone's butt is running a plastic chassis TA05. This is the same kid who won TCS worlds about 20 times. I don't know how the hell he pulled off a 16.129 in the first round. Marcus was last years winner in the GT1 or GT3700 class. Both Marc and Victor are running TA05MS for whatever reason.

OK, time to sniff some glue.

ah, yeah, I found an all girls high school on the way to the convention center. I'm in heaven.

-ling
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

great report Ling...

Go Tony, Juan and Devin...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.