Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cool!

Thanks for getting it done!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I wonder if that smashed in nose will match the big mark on the side of my car from the 180 on lap 1 of that race.
here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_9173.jpg  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

chumps101
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-transfer50-185.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-transfer50-186.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-transfer50-187.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-transfer50-189.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-transfer50-190.jpg  

Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, a big congrats to the lucky three!

Juan, you finaly had a chance to get out front, and just run with it. You were on all weekend.

Bigg Rig, the car looked good from the start, and like Juan you didn't look back.

Deven, your motors were good as usual, and you drove well.

Congrats, and good luck in Japan
Old 08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How did the 05IFS look?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

The Lexus in the above pic is an IFS.

The cars looked good all weekend. Tony Tams car was fast he just did not get good starts and a bad pinion.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Fred told me today that i'm going to be runnig mini at the worlds. I was not expecting this at all. I have also never run on carpet before. I was wondering if some of the mini guys who have run on carpet before could give me some insight on what car to run; rear wheel drive v.front wheel drive. I also dont know what kind of tires to use or if i have to use any strange stratagies like sidewall-gluing. If you guys could give me some advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Deven- you are SO in luck! Best way to learn how to drive on carpet is to DO IT. So come to the Mini Mayhem race in Milwaukee at Trackside the first weekend in October. Blind draw silver can motors each round, possibly handout battery packs, lots of racing- against some of the BEST carpet Mini drivers in the USA: Dave and Nathan Weir- you remember, the other two guys on the podium with you at the TCS Nats- Steve Key, Matt A, and a whole bunch of other fast Mini drivers will be there. You'll not just get advice, you'll be able to test it in the real world, on a real track, against other top level drivers. Last time I checked, Midwest flies direct from LAX to Milwaukee and their flights are pretty cheap. So are the hotels around Trackside.

See the thread on this forum, but this is really something worth the investment.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
Fred told me today that i'm going to be runnig mini at the worlds. I was not expecting this at all. I have also never run on carpet before. I was wondering if some of the mini guys who have run on carpet before could give me some insight on what car to run; rear wheel drive v.front wheel drive. I also dont know what kind of tires to use or if i have to use any strange stratagies like sidewall-gluing. If you guys could give me some advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Deven:
Call me if you want.
But the carpet in Japan is nothing like BCR if you go with a set up from BCR I think you will be lost.
Most everyone runs radial tires. "S", "M" or kits
Last year they could only run the M03M might be similar this year.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you guys could give me some advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Deven, the guys to hook up with for a carpet set up are Doc Mertes and David Weir. They are both aces on the carpet.

If you can make it to our Mini Mayhem race in Milwaukee we would be more than willing to help you with your set up.

There is a cheap direct flight on Midwest from LAX to Milwaukee and Trackside is about 20 minutes from the airport.

We want to help you to do good in Japan.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Deven, as much as you would have a blast at the Mayhem race the info would not be of much help when you get there. Try to get as much of the info from the last couple of years that is posted on the Japanese site. You have to do some searching but you can generally find pics and the setup from the winner of last years race. Put it on your car and deal with it until the track comes to you. Trust me it will.

Also I would work on a few of the things we talked about on the drivers stand at BCR before you go. The bite even though down will be nothing like Tamiya and your setups and driving will give you some challenges over there. As I understand the tires for carpet go 180d from what works on asphalt and you will be close.

Guys the carpet is entirely Virgin when the weekend starts. You are allowed nothing resembling traction compound. They are even sketchy if you use motor spray to clean your tires. You know Jack on a rag might work though....no smell and the tires are real clean.

Troy commented about some of the Euro block having a funny Wintergreen smell on their floor of the hotel.......They must have had alot of sore muscles.

Maybe talk to Troy about helping doing parallel setup work up here since we will be carpet after tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not sure about the rules this year... but the year we went (04), tire warmers were allowed. It was a BIG factor at least for the sedan classes. I'm sure the mini would benefit too. The old Trinity ones I brought did triple duties because Ling and Neil didn't even think about bringing tire warmers at that time. We were practically cooking the tires each round and it helped quite a bit. Like what Dan said -don't expect any traction on practice day and even the first few qualifiers... you have to deal with it and most likely adjust on your driving instead of major setup changes.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Old 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Wink

Hey does anyone have any contact info for Keith Yu?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littleZEN
here ya go!
Thanks Josh, can I blame this for my "aero push".

Car King - heres what my Lexus looked like but it was from the Bristol race. I'm sorry, I meant the 180 on lap 1. I missed all the fun in the esses.

Kevin M. - from the pics you posted, it looks like our start would have fit run in with the past chumps race. Does that mean there is still hope for us ?

Raffaelli - I ran the Lexus body on Sunday and the 350R body on Saturday on the IFS chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.