Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The rules say that wheels can NOT be modified in any way.
Do the medium narrow zero offset wheels take dye and if so, is that
considered a modification?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Hey

I hear your name up on the site too John Hicks good luck looks like there's a pretty heated discussion going on. Dont worry about jerks like that hope you guys have a great time and good luck. By the way name your top ten A Main qualifiers that you think will make it.

Thanks,

SirSwiftAlot
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Hey

I hear your name up on the site too John Hicks good luck looks like there's a pretty heated discussion going on. Dont worry about jerks like that hope you guys have a great time and good luck. By the way name your top ten A Main qualifiers that you think will make it.

Thanks,

SirSwiftAlot
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

about factory drivers they still have to race the car
and for some of they maynot race a tamiya car so the advange is not there
mini look to be a hoot!! Bill I'm pulling for ya.if you need anything call me
also,come on this is for fun and if it's becoming a job to race toy cars, it's time to move on like i did.
good luck to everyone!!!!
M.Masters

Jeff, knock i'm dead!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here are my prediction for possible top ten in Mini.

Mertes
2 Weirs
Balatico
Chin
Madjack
D.White
Mickey
Brandon
Camp
Brumlay
Fernando Jose
The list can go on in reality.

All these guys on a good day can win this thing.Some people may think they are a shoe in to win.Not gonna happen that easy.I predict the tightest battles is gonna happen in qualifying.See you next week.Bring your A game.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Spec. batteries!

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
In all of this confrontation I think we've missed an important little factoid: WHO OWNS ORION/PEAK NOW? Why would we run Orion/Peak packs at a TAMIYA event? Or am I missing something???

I sure hope DW is running mini again. He's a great competitor who is not only fast, but will help you with setup info and other little go-fast secrets (to a point of course). I know he helped me out with a few things my first year out there, and I was scrapping it out with him in the A-main.

TWO WEEKS!
I heard there wasn't enough 2400 Nicad stick packs so Fred switched to 3300's. Not sure on what brand. If Tamiya doesn't have enough 3300's then why not use another brand? As long as everyone pools from the same box of stick packs then isn't that considered a spec battery? Right?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Here are my prediction for possible top ten in Mini.

Mertes
2 Weirs
Balatico
Chin
Madjack
D.White
Mickey
Brandon
Camp
Brumlay
Fernando Jose
The list can go on in reality.

All these guys on a good day can win this thing.Some people may think they are a shoe in to win.Not gonna happen that easy.I predict the tightest battles is gonna happen in qualifying.See you next week.Bring your A game.
hicks, dont forget the guy who's coming down from canada.... he was TQ in mini back in 2005. he's very dangerous...

how about someone's predictions for A-main for GT2 and GT1?

here's my top 10 for mini

mertes
deven
christiansen (sp?)
weir
hicks
jerry mann (canadian guy)
brandon

and 3 darkhorses... no disrespect.. but those are the only mini guys i know.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow, no pressure there Doc
Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Wow, no pressure there Doc
gary.. are you coming to nats or not? let me know if you are. i think we should do something like a dromo1 or go out for some in n out burgers..
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
gary.. are you coming to nats or not? let me know if you are. i think we should do something like a dromo1 or go out for some in n out burgers..
Still up in the air and I dispise In 'N' Out Burger. They're worse than George Webb's.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I should be in sunny California just seven short days from now. Where has the summer gone?

ATTENTION: I still have a few sets of NIB B's for sale. They have been stored in cool conditions in my basement. I will deliver them to the Tamiya track next week. I plan on being at the track Tuesday through Sunday. Place your order today to reserve your set. Just send me a PM, and I'll bring them for you.

4 out of 5 touring car champions use B's...lol

7 days and counting,
Marty
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

No, we SHOULD all be in sunny Cali right now....only a select few of us are so lucky (los bastardos)
Old 08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

All these guys on a good day can win this thing. Some people may think they are a shoe in to win.Not gonna happen that easy. I predict the tightest battles is gonna happen in qualifying
Agreed all around, Mr. Hicks. There are at least 15 guys registered already who could win it all, let alone make the A. And everybody intends to bring their best game, which means that at least 5 guys will be very disappointed by Sunday morning. It's going to take a lot of skill, a lot of preparation, and a lot of luck to podium in 2007.

Personally... I wouldn't be making any bets.

AND...I officially don't care what battery we use. (This is reverse psychology. Pretty sneaky, no?)
Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 414MPH
I would say the same thing to Deven and still feel he should be able to compete in Mini even if he was able to dominate every race over the last year.

To me, TCS is for non sponsored racers, period.

If a racer is able to gain an advantage by honing their skills by running pack after pack, working on set-ups and buying the best equipment (even at a discount) on their own, more power to them. As we all know, there are no sure things in racing.

Mini is just as competitive at the nationals as any other class running. IMO, skill level should have nothing to do with which class you choose or are told to run in for this event. No one has won he National title by luck. You have to be on your game like never before. You need to be able to adapt to every variable thrown at you and avoid mistakes. Just ask all of us that have been close, but no cigar. We were all out driven.

Good luck to Deven and everyone competing this year. This will be an event to witness and savor for years to come. now, Let's have a big party with a bit of racing thrown in....

BTW, where are the standings?
Now wait a minute there Marty. Chen Wa won by Luck, right Gary??
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

In case you don't remember , Chen Wa was involved in an F1 on track racing incident between first and second place with 1 or 2 laps remaining in both 2000 and 2001. I only saw one personally. I missed the 2001 Nats.

Only one guy has failed to "let it go".

Dave Beale was a gracoius winner and did thank Chen Wa .

MPH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.