Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hang on a sec.......On closer inspection.....

[The hardcore factory sponsored driver may not participate. An example of a racer that Tamiya America would not allow to compete would be the Jimmy Jacobson's, Josh Numan's and Gary Katzer's of the RC industry. These types of drivers are clearly supported by a factory and would not be eligible to compete as Tamiya America supports their racing careers in all the above mentioned points.]

I can't believe I missed that the first time.

Sorry Gary, but you can't come!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

["Factory Team" drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacture or distributor as part of a factory racing team) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards.]

Although if you penalize Devin White then you might as well take Scotty Ernsts trophy back who owned his own track/hobbyshop when he won the 1996 Nats. I know that was in the Eric Sands era and there were other ringers who won and really were not checked into for sponsorship woes.

Today there are still those that work at hobbyshops/tracks/distributors/companies or even have ownership, that still are currently racing TCS. Seems to be a fuzzy area of employment vs ownership vs factory sponsorship.

From what I read into the rules if Devan works for Peak he is disqualified if he is considered part of the factory team. Just because he works with/for Peak does not make him a factory driver. I would also doubt Gyro would support factory drivers either, maybe just give him an employee discount, which is totally different.

I think the only available class for him to run is GT1. With the addendum to what Doc said. I don't see working at Gyro as a problem, Peak/Orion is maybe a grey area. He might have a few advantages that others like myself may not have, from what I can see it is only discounts and deals.

Maybe there is other proof that was found that we do not know about? (like if Devans picture was on the Orion website as a factory driver? ? ? (which I did not see)) Regardless it is up to Tamiya/FMW and they will make the best possble decision with the information at hand.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yea, from what i have read, im thinking the big identifier is the part where it is mentioned about being paid by a sponsor to race, or having received compensation, such as paid airfare or hotel, etc.

like said above, im sure Fred will be monitoring details and be able to make the call for everyone involved.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheydog18
LATEST NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard Deven White will not be allowed to win any prizes including the trip to Japan due to his employment with Orion/PeakRacing and he collects an income from Gyro's hobbies in Laguna Hills, CA. I am just passing on the info as I read in the rules if this is true about him then the rules state he can not compete. If I were him I would protest.

Good luck to all...........and God (Tamiya) Speed

KYA
hey cheydog18...welcome to RC-Tech (2 posts?) pretty weak attempt to raise the red flag...time to grow a spine and post under your regular name
Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wow.. someone must have heard of deven's "land missile" mini motors.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It would be hard not to notice. That whole family's got horsepower out the ying-yang. But they also give the rest of us something to shoot for.

I'd rather race with DW in Mini than see him forced to move to GT1, assuming he is still a 'legal' amateur like the rest of us...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Hang on a sec.......On closer inspection.....

[The hardcore factory sponsored driver may not participate. An example of a racer that Tamiya America would not allow to compete would be the Jimmy Jacobson's, Josh Numan's and Gary Katzer's of the RC industry. These types of drivers are clearly supported by a factory and would not be eligible to compete as Tamiya America supports their racing careers in all the above mentioned points.]

I can't believe I missed that the first time.

Sorry Gary, but you can't come!!!
Uhh, not cool, even as a joke. I am not currently, nor have I ever been, paid to compete in events. From the time when I worked with RCCA, thru Driver, and in my current position, I have always been open and forthright with Fred in regards to what I do and what I am paid to do. And there are some who have questioned my participation in the past. This is one of the reasons too why I did what I did with the kit in Memphis... don't want people bitching, plus frankly I thought it was a nice thing to do.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Uhh, not cool, even as a joke. I am not currently, nor have I ever been, paid to compete in events. From the time when I worked with RCCA, thru Driver, and in my current position, I have always been open and forthright with Fred in regards to what I do and what I am paid to do. And there are some who have questioned my participation in the past. This is one of the reasons too why I did what I did with the kit in Memphis... don't want people bitching, plus frankly I thought it was a nice thing to do.
Gary is right, well seeing how Hellmans, his only sponsor does not manufacture RC cars or parts!

Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Thought this seemed appropriate....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-blame.jpg  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

and these
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-cluelessness.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-defeat.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-dreams.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-futility.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-goals.jpg  

Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LATEST NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard Deven White will not be allowed to win any prizes including the trip to Japan due to his employment with Orion/PeakRacing and he collects an income from Gyro's hobbies in Laguna Hills, CA. I am just passing on the info as I read in the rules if this is true about him then the rules state he can not compete. If I were him I would protest.

Good luck to all...........and God (Tamiya) Speed

KYA
Give me a break. I see nothing in the rules that would prevent him from racing. I too, like Fred, am not all knowing, but I am pretty sure DW does not come close to the GT-1 only division. DW is a standup guy. I am certain if Deven even thinks he is even close, he would run the GT1-1 class.

Your logic is flawwed. If DW can not win the prize, he should not be allowed to race, period. This is the Nationals, not a regional TCS race.

Go back to PITA.com and start crap there. (pain in the a..) Mr. 2 post noob.

See you all next week for the best damn racing event and party of the year.

Marty
Old 08-12-2007, 12:30 PM

Default The Shoot Messanger^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what I've heard from other sources, I hope Devin will make a good decision on what he feels is the best call. Unless he chooses to run a class that he thinks he can just win out right instead of running a class that will take some true skill. Or maybe Orion will accidently give some packs that looks like everyone elses but performs like nobody elses. I hope everyone has a great time and again may the "best" man win. Unless "that" person has to work at the manufature or hobby shop that weekend. That would not be cool, if "that" person is racing the nationals.

P.S. I did not want to start a bunch of B.S. over the subject I was curious to others feedback.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't understand the logic of letting a guy race but not win anything. Don't get me wrong, I think Devin should be allowed to race and win since there are other guys with even more support than him that Tamiya does not know about that are racing in GT2 and Mini.

Last edited by AWK; 08-12-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This is what I've heard from other sources, I hope Devin will make a good decision on what he feels is the best call. Unless he chooses to run a class that he thinks he can just win out right instead of running a class that will take some true skill. Or maybe Orion will accidently give some packs that looks like everyone elses but performs like nobody elses. I hope everyone has a great time and again may the "best" man win. Unless "that" person has to work at the manufature or hobby shop that weekend. That would not be cool, if "that" person is racing the nationals.

P.S. I did not want to start a bunch of B.S. over the subject I was curious to others feedback.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

You might want to tell who ever told you this, that it is not Like Deven is going to clean house at NATS.
It's not like he is winning every mini race he enters this year.
He Didn't have a great showing @ Seattle this year
He didn't even podium at last year's Nats
I Qualified 7th (I think) at last years Nats
He did win nats the year before.
He was Not top Qualifier at the Tamiya TCS Regional
I don't think he was the Top Qualifier at the last Fun race.

He is just as eligible as any one. (in my book)
He has some stiff competition coming to win, John Hicks, Jonny Chin, Dave Weir, Nathan Weir, just to name a few.
I think he can winn but it will be a tough battle.
Not to mention the batteries that are handouts SUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.