Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by radar
from tamiya

The TCS racing series is intended for the general hobbyist. Factory Drivers as stated by the 2007 Season rules are not permitted to race the series. With that said we will be making sure, as best we can, the GT-2 and Mini classes are filled with racers that fit into the general or enthusiast racer profile. We are aware there are some drivers that fit into a profile that is in between a Factory Driver and general enthusiast profile. For those drivers that are in this limbo state we will be asking them to only enter the GT-1 class, as this is the more skilled driving class. When signing up for the TCS Finals please look deep within yourself to see where you fall in. We know most of you and your connections with manufactures. If we feel that you are racing a class that you shouldn�t be in we will ask you to move to GT-1.

radar........ ping.........
Just because I have a couple names in my signature doesn't mean I am getting free stuff or getting any form of reimbursment from anyone. Team Mediocre is one of my websites and B-Main is one of the guys from Memphis... I run the other companies equipment and a local friend paints my bodies for me so they won't be one color anymore. By no means am I considered "Factory driver." If the distinction is to be made, how do you determine who is eligible to run GT2 and Mini? As far as I can tell I would fit into the enthusiast category. I have never made the "A" main at a national event with the exception of running sportsman once at Novak and mini at Novak. If Fred tells me I need to move that is fine, but I can tell you there are guys in the GT2 class that will wipe the floor with me. I am honestly expecting to be in the middle of the pack.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekEngland
Just because I have a couple names in my signature doesn't mean I am getting free stuff or getting any form of reimbursment from anyone. Team Mediocre is one of my websites and B-Main is one of the guys from Memphis... I run the other companies equipment and a local friend paints my bodies for me so they won't be one color anymore. By no means am I considered "Factory driver." If the distinction is to be made, how do you determine who is eligible to run GT2 and Mini? As far as I can tell I would fit into the enthusiast category. I have never made the "A" main at a national event with the exception of running sportsman once at Novak and mini at Novak. If Fred tells me I need to move that is fine, but I can tell you there are guys in the GT2 class that will wipe the floor with me. I am honestly expecting to be in the middle of the pack.
you sound like me. my sponsorships are PURELY because im one kick ass web developer. my sponsorships arent because i have driving skill. although im one HELL of a salesman.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
So are you going?
I do have my plane ticket if that is any indication....
Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sponsors we don't need now stinking sponsors . . . .
Old 08-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris, best e-mail to use is [email protected]. It gets checked a couple of times a day- especially around this time of year!

Oh yes, I can also verify that Derek pretty much sucks as a driver. He oughta be in GT2.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ouch!!! thanks for the confirmation, Doc! i was thinking than, but... lol!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Oh yes, I can also verify that Derek pretty much sucks as a driver. He oughta be in GT2.
The motion is seconded....

Although he did mop the floor with me in Qualifying in Memphis. Growl.... Just think if I wouldn't have swapped heats with someone who didn't end up even running the class.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DerekEngland
I have your itinerary and plane tickets the the TCS Nats. Also you forgot to pick up your pay check here in the office. Good Luck!

Brant
Team Manager
B-Main Motorsports

LMAO!!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I have your itinerary and plane tickets the the TCS Nats. Also you forgot to pick up your pay check here in the office. Good Luck!

Brant
Team Manager
B-Main Motorsports

LMAO!!!!!
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Almost as funny as watching Pook rip the one side off his car in Memphis.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rccardr
Chris, best e-mail to use is [email protected]. It gets checked a couple of times a day- especially around this time of year!

doc.. sent you an email. feel free to say "no"... although im hoping to get a "yes"
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
I personally race Mini cooper because I love the class,and think running GT classes to me is redundant. I regularly race with racers in the touring car class that according to Tamiyas rules should be running GT1 only and so happen to be some of the fastest guys in GT1. Should I be made to run GT1 because of my skill level? I would be highly disappointed if that were the case. I have no sponsors and know in my heart if I put my mind to it, could do very,very well in GT1 or 2 at nats. I have no desire to run these classes. But according to Tamiya ,I should be left to somehow convince myself to run GT1 because my running Mini would not be fair............All this brought to you by the unclear rules for these classes.Racers fault? Uh.......no.
john hicks! i sent you a PM. lmk whats up
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Gary....You are a celebrity now....

I saw you on the Horizon Hobby Catalog with your Losi Buggy....Sweet.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Gary....You are a celebrity now....

I saw you on the Horizon Hobby Catalog with your Losi Buggy....Sweet.

Thanks. More proud of the other guys that worked with me on it though. The photo with Andy Z. and the Mega Baja is awesome.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Almost as funny as watching Pook rip the one side off his car in Memphis.
Apparently it is true about you then...............

Your sense of humor is well, "different"! We will just leave it at that! LMAO

Brant
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
john hicks! i sent you a PM. lmk whats up
Back at cha.......

I hope your right MADJACK.

Batteries!???????????????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.