Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fred should be back in the office Tuesday. Give him a few days to get through his emails, get things sorted out and I am sure he will let us know what the program is.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Are you talking about the motor throwing incident? I dunno that they ever caught the guy but what a chode. And its not that whoever it is might still be running, but again if they know who did it if that person is being allowed to compete. There have been a few people bounced in the past and told not to come back. Marty will remember...Jabba the Hutt?
Many people know the person that threw the motor, I think he even admited it in public. But to my knowledge he has not apologized to the people he nealry sent to the hospital.

So he didn't got punnished, he even competed at regional this year and won his class. And he even got all the glory that goes with winning. Oh and he thinks he should be a shoe in to win a trip to Japan. Go figure.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Wow....its gets worse and exaggerated more and more each time..

Apologies were sent .....Fred was informed by me personally. No one was nearly sent to the hospital or close to being hurt. Story is out of control Troy and Chris, no need to make personal attack and embellish things.

Rolling a motor onto the track (while others were racing) is not sending anyone to the doctor, but my poor sportsmanship was uncalled for and apologies were sent to Tamiya and Fred. Nothing was malicious or intentional to anyone. I have no hard feelings or dislike for Keith or any Canandians.

PS....Never had a thought or did I ever express anything for a shoe in ....Racing is fun and a hobby to get away for a few hours from the stress of work.

Let have a great final race at the Tamiya Track.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by lbckevin; 08-06-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
For those of you who have tried both, and are willing to share your experience, which inserts do you like better in your B3s:

Much More Soft or RP-MS????

Is one better than the other at a given temp?

I have two extra sets of B3s and I have both type of inserts, but I'd hate to waste 2 sets of B3s just to test them
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

wow... i guess ill bring my helmet, just in case! that just makes no sense whatsoever.

does anyone have any tips for the TT-P class? i am assembling mine as i type, and wondered if anyone has spent much time with these little things... i bought the oil shocks, Sporttuned motor, and thats about it for hopups.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Apologies were sent .....Fred was informed by me personally. No one was nearly sent to the hospital or close to being hurt. Story is out of control Troy and Chris, no need to make personal attack and embellish things.

Rolling a motor onto the track (while others were racing) is not sending anyone to the doctor, but my poor sportsmanship was uncalled for and apologies were sent to Tamiya and Fred. Nothing was malicious or intentional to anyone. I have no hard feelings or dislike for Keith or any Canandians.

PS....Never had a thought or did I ever express anything for a shoe in ....Racing is fun and a hobby to get away for a few hours from the stress of work.

Good luck to all.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

KSmith...heheehheeh! rolling a motor? are you shhhhuuuurrrreee that's the whole story? just kidding!

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Good luck to all.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Turbonium;3555272]i was kind of thinking along these lines, except that unless the racer is local, it cant completely be Tamiya's fault, as they dont really have a good idea of how capable the driver is, without any experience. /QUOTE]

I personally race Mini cooper because I love the class,and think running GT classes to me is redundant. I regularly race with racers in the touring car class that according to Tamiyas rules should be running GT1 only and so happen to be some of the fastest guys in GT1. Should I be made to run GT1 because of my skill level? I would be highly disappointed if that were the case. I have no sponsors and know in my heart if I put my mind to it, could do very,very well in GT1 or 2 at nats. I have no desire to run these classes. But according to Tamiya ,I should be left to somehow convince myself to run GT1 because my running Mini would not be fair............All this brought to you by the unclear rules for these classes.Racers fault? Uh.......no.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My class decision has been hanging on the shoestring by budget is on.

So to look deep within myself you might find a dust bunny, an echo and a ebay paypal account. . .
Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
My class decision has been hanging on the shoestring by budget is on.

So to look deep within myself you might find a dust bunny, an echo and a ebay paypal account. . .
So are you going?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Turbonium

the main reason i decided to run GT1 myself is that i acquired a dialed asphalt MRE (thanx Chris!)... and i didnt want to worry about smoking black cans!

Wes

Your welcome let me know if you need any help during Speedweek. Look for the SIR shirts.....
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

thanks Dan! it has been good to me, TQing the Memphis TCS, although operator error prevented me from a repeat win... popped an arm while leading 3 laps in. ah well...

see you guys in a few weeks!

Wes
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Turbonium
thanks Dan! it has been good to me, TQing the Memphis TCS, although operator error prevented me from a repeat win... popped an arm while leading 3 laps in. ah well...

see you guys in a few weeks!

Wes
Looking forward to one last year of fun at TCS. It just won't be the same at another track.

Pass the mayo
Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Looking forward to one last year of fun at TCS. It just won't be the same at another track.

Pass the mayo
what kind?

Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

So who's up for giving Katzer a jar every hour for the days he is there..

I am sure noone else here has evr had to put up with his jokes and wit before

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.