Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree792Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

did they not run spec at laurel?? thats not good.

R
Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

They had 3 drivers in the Spec main at Laurel.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
No BS here.
I want to know what bodies are legal for GT2 Nats?
If the "official rules" said no NSX or Ferrari, I would have nothing to post.

I have emailed the busy FMW with no response yet.

I would be ticked if I flew out there and then found out oh by the way I can use NSX or Ferrari, its not a easy thing to pack a ton of bodies. I do know some new faces that are coming who I am sure they do not know the last year rules and would go by the letter of the law to this years 2007 Nats rules. I am sure they would be ticked if they flew out with NSX bodies and they were told sorry no can do for GT2. Its not like you can just run out and buy or find any body days before the nats, especially with the factory moved.

So there needs to be an addendum to the GT2 rules for the 2007 Nats.
If you want to call that a negative then you have the problem.
I think there is a profound difference between noting that a part of the rules was probably left off and asking for clarification and deciding since it's not there, then you are going to do it. If you are so worried that Fred is suddenly going to change his mind from last year and suddenly allow Ferraris's and NSX bodies this year, do not worry. I have a freshly painted Ferrari F430 and NSX that I will give you if Fred changes his mind.

I can appreciate people wanting to be certain before they travel but come on guys, this is the Tamiya NATIONALS so I think we can leave out the "what if a new person" stuff. The people who will be at the Nationals have run TCS this year, and are serious enough to make the commitment (time and money) to race. My hats off to those who are traveling to this last Final to be held at Tamiya N/A. I have traveled to Saettle this year for the first time and have an even better appreciation for your love and commitment to the hobby.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I think there is a profound difference between noting that a part of the rules was probably left off and asking for clarification and deciding since it's not there, then you are going to do it. If you are so worried that Fred is suddenly going to change his mind from last year and suddenly allow Ferraris's and NSX bodies this year, do not worry. I have a freshly painted Ferrari F430 and NSX that I will give you if Fred changes his mind.

I can appreciate people wanting to be certain before they travel but come on guys, this is the Tamiya NATIONALS so I think we can leave out the "what if a new person" stuff. The people who will be at the Nationals have run TCS this year, and are serious enough to make the commitment (time and money) to race. My hats off to those who are traveling to this last Final to be held at Tamiya N/A. I have traveled to Saettle this year for the first time and have an even better appreciation for your love and commitment to the hobby.
Joys of F103GT episode #1- Only 1 legal body to run, makes shopping easy
If I remember correctly, the body rule was there, but may have been wiped out when they posted the updates
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

From the PDF download of the rules
and I quote : " 6. The GT2 class will be limited to 4 door touring car bodies and 2 door sedan bodies only. Sports car bodies are not allowed. Same TCS Finals rules as 2006 apply."
I believe that closes this issue
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

And just for Marty, F103GT Rule #10:

10. The standard front suspension from the original F103 may not be used. The new style steering blocks fit the older suspension, but they do not allow for a spring to be used. Modifications to the standard original front end are necessary to make a spring work. Doing this constitutes re-engineering the basic car and therefore has been deemed illegal.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Here come the wise cracks

I hope you can take a joke......you left yourself wide open

Originally Posted by rtypec
Sounds a lot like some women I've dated.
Were they Inflatable?????????
Old 07-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Appreciate the reminder, Kevin. Ahem:

I predict that (like the Memphis, Fremont, Aliso and Laurel regional events), MINI will be the largest class of entrants at the TCS Nats this year.

Thank you
Doc
Miss Cleo, when did you get on of jail?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default The Best 10 Mini drivers out there?

I am from Utah and have been watching the results of this years TCS we race alot of mini's up here but no one has gone down to SoCal to run we were wondereing who the best mini cooper drivers are down there.

Thanks,
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
And just for Marty, F103GT Rule #10:

10. The standard front suspension from the original F103 may not be used. The new style steering blocks fit the older suspension, but they do not allow for a spring to be used. Modifications to the standard original front end are necessary to make a spring work. Doing this constitutes re-engineering the basic car and therefore has been deemed illegal.
And of course the unwritten but often referred to "Hageman Clause" - If Marty can think it up, it will be deemed illegal:lo l:
Sometimes I just crack myself up
Old 07-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I am from Utah and have been watching the results of this years TCS we race alot of mini's up here but no one has gone down to SoCal to run we were wondereing who the best mini cooper drivers are down there.

Thanks,
the best of the best are.....

The SIR Boys (Crabtree, two time mini champ, Garber, mini champ and TRF)
The White Family (Deven, TCS champ, Dylan and dad)
John Hicks
John Christiansen
Doc Mertes
Craig Richter
the dude that has the #3 Mini cooper (forgot his name)

a lot more drivers that I am forgetting. if your coming to TCS Nats to race mini, i hope your prepared. These guys are wicked fast with their minis.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
From the PDF download of the rules
and I quote : " 6. The GT2 class will be limited to 4 door touring car bodies and 2 door sedan bodies only. Sports car bodies are not allowed. Same TCS Finals rules as 2006 apply."
I believe that closes this issue
Thank you, that is all I needed to know and I will pass it onto the new guys coming, it is their first nats... one is very good at mini probably could be added to the above list.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Anyone know what type of device they will use to check amp draw for our motors?Will it be the Orion motor checker like last year?Thanks!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

...one is very good at mini probably could be added to the above list...
My guess (as Ms.Cleo's official substitute) is that there will be at least 20 Mini entrants at this year's TCS NAts who are capable of making the A Main in what we anticipate will be a very tough field. You can also add Brandon, Mickey Cohen and Bill Wallace to that list, as well as John Balatico, Dave Weir (also former TCS Nats Mini Champ), his son Nathan (who is regularly beating Dad), some inevitable super-fast Canadian champ we've not met yet, Alex Lopez, and...well, you get the picture.

Anyone know what type of device they will use to check amp draw for our motors?Will it be the Orion motor checker like last year?
John, since you were TQ last year, am curious as to what kind of amp draw numbers they got from your motor. A lot of us are seeing well over 1.5 amps once they have a run or two on them. Did Fred bump up the amp draw threshold after checking some of the top three guys?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Canadian Nationals Completed

The Canadian TCS Nationals have been completed on July 22 - results and movies at www.tamiya.ca.

Winners:

Mini - Jerry Man
GT2 - Michael Steele
GT1 - Steven Bortolotti

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.