Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I am surprised nobody, well except one is talking about the GT2 body rules or lack there of . . .

Did it fall between the cracks or is it still enforced?

Round 1 starts in 1 month. . .
No NSX, no Ferrari.

let me rephrase... since there is no mention. then its status quo for GT2 Nats. No NSX (any model year) and No Ferrari (360 and 430).
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So can I enter GT2 or 1 as a level 1?

Cue Katzer about now........
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
No NSX, no Ferrari.

let me rephrase... since there is no mention. then its status quo for GT2 Nats. No NSX (any model year) and No Ferrari (360 and 430).
I tried to use lemon juice and a heat gun, um unfortunately it still remains invisible on the web, although my monitor has melted. . .

Until it is in writing, the ban is lifted, what do you say to those that are new at the nats, that read the rules and only bring a NSX or Ferrari for GT2. . . it is not in the "official rules"
Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

"Fun and easy to get into." "Low cost." But, buy a new body and use different batteries and motors.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cant make everyone happy
Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I tried to use lemon juice and a heat gun, um unfortunately it still remains invisible on the web, although my monitor has melted. . .

Until it is in writing, the ban is lifted, what do you say to those that are new at the nats, that read the rules and only bring a NSX or Ferrari for GT2. . . it is not in the "official rules"
i dont say anything to "those who are new" because

1. i dont know anyone who is new... and
2. everyone THAT i know, they raced TCS nats last year and they already know the rule.

best thing to do is contact fred and clarify it with him.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Question about GT1 body rule:

The rule said " In the GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3 classes only, part number 53470 (lightweight wing set) is allowed to be used for any sedan or sports car body."

Does that mean it is Legal to use the lightweight wing set on lightweight NSX body? NSX and Ferrari 360 are sports car, right?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

To reach their stated goals; "fun and easy to get into, low cost," then you have to take more people into consideration. Just like many RC tracks, the TCS cannot grow or survive based on the hard core Tamiya racers. I enjoy racing in the TCS, but travel costs plus racing costs effect peoples choices. I hope the nationals are a great success and I hope the turn out is huge. Good luck to everyone.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

"Fun and easy to get into." "Low cost."
Sounds a lot like some women I've dated.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

"low cost" is a term completely subjective to the end user. Just like asking which is the "best battery" or "best motor". There are different factors and considerations for what you want to compare.

SPEC, GT3, and Mini are what many consider "low cost" simply because you are limited to a silver can motor and don't require every hop-up in the book to be competitive. This is in regards to the regional races and not the national at Aliso, where the atmosphere is somewhat different due to what's at stake.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I'll trade you some B's for some phone numbers.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rtypec
Rod you should try the NW ,Low cost up here gets you trailer trash. Your cost of entry would be alot less here.

See you and Corey in a few weeks wanna return the favor for TA

D

Last edited by Difuser; 07-25-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

New at the Nats ? And what part of "must have run a TCS event this year" did you miss ?

Why do people want to waste time griping or stirring up BS so much ? How about we stick to the positive ? (yeah, hate to say it but there is a lot of good things to say about TCS also.) Like when will Doc predict that mini will be the largest class entry this year ?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
New at the Nats ? And what part of "must have run a TCS event this year" did you miss ?

Why do people want to waste time griping or stirring up BS so much ? How about we stick to the positive ? (yeah, hate to say it but there is a lot of good things to say about TCS also.) Like when will Doc predict that mini will be the largest class entry this year ?
No BS here.
I want to know what bodies are legal for GT2 Nats?
If the "official rules" said no NSX or Ferrari, I would have nothing to post.

I have emailed the busy FMW with no response yet.

I would be ticked if I flew out there and then found out oh by the way I can use NSX or Ferrari, its not a easy thing to pack a ton of bodies. I do know some new faces that are coming who I am sure they do not know the last year rules and would go by the letter of the law to this years 2007 Nats rules. I am sure they would be ticked if they flew out with NSX bodies and they were told sorry no can do for GT2. Its not like you can just run out and buy or find any body days before the nats, especially with the factory moved.

So there needs to be an addendum to the GT2 rules for the 2007 Nats.
If you want to call that a negative then you have the problem.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Like when will Doc predict that mini will be the largest class entry this year ?
Appreciate the reminder, Kevin. Ahem:

I predict that (like the Memphis, Fremont, Aliso and Laurel regional events), MINI will be the largest class of entrants at the TCS Nats this year.

Thank you
Doc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.