Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Doc
F103GT should run on foam tires. TA could spec a manufacturer's prepackaged foam shoe like they did 10 years ago with the Jaco white and purple for the 103 F1 car. Then, anyone could run this car anywhere and have fun with it. Oldtimers, remember '95-'98? On foams, we would regularly have 30-50 F1 cars at the regionals and more still at the nats.

A few years back, I tested my F1 with old Tamiya HBR mediums, a 540J and LiPo's and was easily hangin with the GT1's. Same way with 4-cell and a 19T.

It'd be a great way to get use outta all those extra silver cans.....Cheap, Fast, Fun........FOAM!!!!!

bruce
Wouldn't be hard for Tamiya to allow the F103GT's to run on foams since they do produce a foam (sponge) tires for the TG-10 MKII.

item# 53741-53748.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
looks like fred is aligning it towards TCS Worlds. maybe we'll get the GT Tuned motor also!
Chris,
Is that rumor true "2400 Nicads" for the spec battery and GT Tuned motors for GT2 ??????
SH
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

it was not my fault.... the motor was inspected and determined to be defective.....

Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Chris,
Is that rumor true "2400 Nicads" for the spec battery and GT Tuned motors for GT2 ??????
SH
no idea?!? you posted it. i just thought it was interesting that if WE DO have that battery, thats the same battery they used last year at TCS worlds.

the rumor i started was.. if we're gonna try to align with TCS worlds. might as well use the GT Tuned motor since thats what Troy and Keith used last year.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The 2400's is a rumor that has been heard at T/A track but more for "availability" reasons and not "Japan Alignment" reasons. It sounds like there may be a bunch of 2400's sitting in T/A warehouse. GT-2 will probably stay with black can.

Hebiki - in '06 Japan ran balck can for GT-1 and 23T for N1 (Gt-2). However, in '05, it was 23T for GT-1 and black can for GT-2. Maybe Japan was trying to throw the competitiors a curve ball ?

Legal disclaimer - All of the above is purely speculation. The poster can not be held responsible for the accuracy of this post. The poster is currently on his third can of Monster and that could effect results. Results may vary. Actual results not typical. This post was made by a professional () and should not be attempted in your own home. All decisions by the officials are final. The official rules to be mandated by Sir Fred, under a heavily induced Starbucks latte stupor will be final.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The 2400's is a rumor that has been heard at T/A track but more for "availability" reasons and not "Japan Alignment" reasons. It sounds like there may be a bunch of 2400's sitting in T/A warehouse. GT-2 will probably stay with black can.

Hebiki - in '06 Japan ran balck can for GT-1 and 23T for N1 (Gt-2). However, in '05, it was 23T for GT-1 and black can for GT-2. Maybe Japan was trying to throw the competitiors a curve ball ?

Legal disclaimer - All of the above is purely speculation. The poster can not be held responsible for the accuracy of this post. The poster is currently on his third can of Monster and that could effect results. Results may vary. Actual results not typical. This post was made by a professional () and should not be attempted in your own home. All decisions by the officials are final. The official rules to be mandated by Sir Fred, under a heavily induced Starbucks latte stupor will be final.
N1 ran the GT Tuned motor. 25T to be exact.

its a nice curve ball indeed. btw. im gonna give you a ring at lunch. maybe i can get my "stuff" from nemo without having to go to tamiya tomorrow. im headed to BCR to race. leave the testing next week.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last night it pained me but I packed away my tamiya cars for good....
F201, TL01 Celica, 2 wheel drive Mini cooper, the 4 wheel drive mini cooper I made from a TL01, and lastly the F103 GT all are put away and the boxes/containers sealed. Don't know what I'm going to do with them but for now there are in storage...... Maybe the grandkids will get them.....

The TCS was fun while it lasted but events ( or lack of them ) this year made me realize that it just not worth the time, effort or $$$ to run in the TCS anymore. My one regret is I never had the chance to race on the Tamiya track in So-Cal..... Times are a-changing in RC cars and we all must change with it....
Old 07-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
F103GT should run on foam tires. TA could spec a manufacturer's prepackaged foam shoe like they did 10 years ago with the Jaco white and purple for the 103 F1 car. Then, anyone could run this car anywhere and have fun with it. Oldtimers, remember '95-'98? On foams, we would regularly have 30-50 F1 cars at the regionals and more still at the nats.

A few years back, I tested my F1 with old Tamiya HBR mediums, a 540J and LiPo's and was easily hangin with the GT1's. Same way with 4-cell and a 19T.

It'd be a great way to get use outta all those extra silver cans.....Cheap, Fast, Fun........FOAM!!!!!

bruce
I did test the F103GT with foams and it was great.... I used 30 mm Ennetti 42 shore in rear and 26mm 35 shore in front on an indoor asphalt track and it was dialed in real nice. Easy to drive , gripped the high traction track with ease...
Old 07-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
N1 ran the GT Tuned motor. 25T to be exact.

its a nice curve ball indeed. btw. im gonna give you a ring at lunch. maybe i can get my "stuff" from nemo without having to go to tamiya tomorrow. im headed to BCR to race. leave the testing next week.
If Nemo has them, is in town, and can drop them to me Saturday, no problem. However, it will cost you a set of headlight and taillight buckets (as Hebiki suddenly groans and the words "stoooopid" are quietly heard). This weekend and next are my last to practice. Then I get on that big aluminum missle with wings attached and fly 8,000 miles for business. I will get back the weekend before the Nats.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
GT2 Or Mini i have not made my mind....
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If Nemo has them, is in town, and can drop them to me Saturday, no problem. However, it will cost you a set of headlight and taillight buckets (as Hebiki suddenly groans and the words "stoooopid" are quietly heard). This weekend and next are my last to practice. Then I get on that big aluminum missle with wings attached and fly 8,000 miles for business. I will get back the weekend before the Nats.
oo. i was hoping to pick them up tonight. ill give nemo a call.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:26 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Nova F1 - At times I feel as you do. I think Tamiya really needs to do more to promote their series. The need to have more regional races, and make it easier for hobby shops to host races.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Tamiya will be open anymore after NATS or is NATS the final farewell?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Doc's Official Nat's Prognostications:
* GT2 and Mini will be using the remaining GP3300's that Fred has hidden away from last year
* F103GT will run as a non-Japan class and the racing will be the best of the weekend, with everyone walking away saying "I want to be able to do that!"
* Lipo's will not (yet) be permitted in Gt1
* Alan Mok will be a contender again this year in TamTech
* 20 teeny Porsches on the track at one time will be absolutely bizarre
* Everyone who attends- everyone- will be glad they came
Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Doc's Official Nat's Prognostications:
* GT2 and Mini will be using the remaining GP3300's that Fred has hidden away from last year
* F103GT will run as a non-Japan class and the racing will be the best of the weekend, with everyone walking away saying "I want to be able to do that!"
* Lipo's will not (yet) be permitted in Gt1
* Alan Mok will be a contender again this year in TamTech
* 20 teeny Porsches on the track at one time will be absolutely bizarre
* Everyone who attends- everyone- will be glad they came
Amen to that Doc, I will be severely disappointed if this is not a huge blwout party. I still have concerns for the 103 turnout, as I can financially justify it using my existing Lipos, so my budget will be tires bodies and silvercan motors and I will save probably around $100 by not having to buy batteries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.