Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can some one clearify a rule fer me....
F103GT, it says you can use any pinion/spur combo... Is that just Tamiya spur and pinion or can we use any companys gears?

THX
Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rick-
Any brand pinion, any brand spur. All legal. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday the 15th.
Later
Doc
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

D O C . . .

are you going to be able to make HTUSA the 14th for the warmup race ?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

yeah! Got Kevin CBR & afung lending me motors!!! Thxs guys!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

DOC...are you going to be able to make HTUSA the 14th for the warmup race ?
Sadly, no. Have a prior commitment for the 14th, but will definitely be in Laurel on Sunday the 15th for the TCS event.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Had a question for you silver can fanatics. Where is the best place to buy the silver cans in bulk. Our local club is going to draw motors for our mini class and need to get them as reasonable as possible. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Sadly, no. Have a prior commitment for the 14th, but will definitely be in Laurel on Sunday the 15th for the TCS event.
Doc,
I could provide power.
Could you provide some shade?
Looking forward to seeing everyone.... hope to give & take lessons in Mini & GT3:
MJ
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2007 GT-1 vs. Reedy Spec Class A main lap times

Hey all,

For fun, I was comparing the lap times from the GT-1 A mains at last week's TCS regional at Aliso to the 2007 Reedy Spec A Main times. I know that the TCS layout is often different than the standard layout, but I was somewhat surprised to see similar lap times between the two, mainly because of the aero advantage a competition sedan body is supposed to have over a Tamiya NSX (assuming that's what everyone in GT-1 was running) and the (better?) RP-30s versus Tamiya B3s. But then, I can think of the following equalizing factors:

1. TCS specs any 19T motor as opposed to the Reedy Race handout
2. Reedy Race has a weight limit where TCS doesn't (correct?)
3. Reedy Race specs a spool where as TCS allows one-ways or spools
4. Track was faster/slower one weekend due to weather.

Just wondering if anyone has any observations, perhaps someone who raced at both events? Back to work for me.

Andy
Old 07-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

People complain about the B3 tires but with the right insert, I actually think they work pretty well...at least for the first run. They may be a tenth or two slower than the RP tires or a tenth or two faster. It's really hard to feel a tenth on the track. What I go by is how my car feels with the tires and my car was really good. I ran a spool and even though I didn't weigh my car, I still had weights on it. My fastest lap this weekend was a 13.8. Fastest at Reedy was 14.0. I was kinda hoping the layout would be like the reedy layout for comparison. The track was a little shorter since the first turn out of the sweeper was shortened however the addition of the chicane before the S's I think offset that somewhat.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
People complain about the B3 tires but with the right insert, I actually think they work pretty well...at least for the first run. They may be a tenth or two slower than the RP tires or a tenth or two faster. It's really hard to feel a tenth on the track. What I go by is how my car feels with the tires and my car was really good. I ran a spool and even though I didn't weigh my car, I still had weights on it. My fastest lap this weekend was a 13.8. Fastest at Reedy was 14.0. I was kinda hoping the layout would be like the reedy layout for comparison. The track was a little shorter since the first turn out of the sweeper was shortened however the addition of the chicane before the S's I think offset that somewhat.
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I was definitely interested in hearing someone's opinion on the B3 tires. I too have found them to work pretty well on a high-grip indoor track compared to RP30s. Did you know if the winner or TQ of the GT-1 class ran a spool or one-way?

Andy
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Had a question for you silver can fanatics. Where is the best place to buy the silver cans in bulk. Our local club is going to draw motors for our mini class and need to get them as reasonable as possible. Thanks for the help.
Rainbow Ten had a box of 50+ sitting on the floor for $7.50 a piece.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adavid
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I was definitely interested in hearing someone's opinion on the B3 tires. I too have found them to work pretty well on a high-grip indoor track compared to RP30s. Did you know if the winner or TQ of the GT-1 class ran a spool or one-way?

Andy

I'm pretty sure he ran a spool. I don't think anyone in GT1 ran a one-way
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adavid
Hey all,

For fun, I was comparing the lap times from the GT-1 A mains at last week's TCS regional at Aliso to the 2007 Reedy Spec A Main times. I know that the TCS layout is often different than the standard layout, but I was somewhat surprised to see similar lap times between the two, mainly because of the aero advantage a competition sedan body is supposed to have over a Tamiya NSX (assuming that's what everyone in GT-1 was running) and the (better?) RP-30s versus Tamiya B3s. But then, I can think of the following equalizing factors:

1. TCS specs any 19T motor as opposed to the Reedy Race handout
2. Reedy Race has a weight limit where TCS doesn't (correct?)
3. Reedy Race specs a spool where as TCS allows one-ways or spools
4. Track was faster/slower one weekend due to weather.

Just wondering if anyone has any observations, perhaps someone who raced at both events? Back to work for me.

Andy
Cant even compare the 2 layouts. The TCS layout was easily 15 to 20 feet shorter than a full reedy layout.
With the right inserts the B3's were decent. Tires seemed to push slightly more than rp30's.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I'm considering coming to the race in Laurel, MD. Do they provide power? Looking at the pictures from last year, drivers were standing on short step stools or ladders. Do they have to provide them or do provide your your own? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No power. Some one may allow you to hook up to their generator. Hobby Works does/did provide some step stools. However, with the recent theft, I don't know if they were taken as well. If ya got one, bring it.

Originally Posted by MD
I'm considering coming to the race in Laurel, MD. Do they provide power? Looking at the pictures from last year, drivers were standing on short step stools or ladders. Do they have to provide them or do provide your your own? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.