Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yup, Fred always puts on an EXCELLENT event..
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Awesome fun race on Saturday Fred. We had a blast. The lipo / brushless test was great. Ian's brushed motor was pretty equal to Nemo and my 13.5's for speed and having to worry about only cleaning tires all day made it real fun and relaxing. I hope the "tests" work there way into '08 TCS rules.

You can look forward to a least one Starbuck finding it's way to you Saturday morning. Let's see if the other "fun racers" pony up !

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 06-25-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Awesome fun race on Saturday Fred. We had a blast. Tghe lipo / brushless test was great. Ian's brushed motor was pretty equal to Nemo and my 13.5's for speed and having to worry about only cleaning tires all day made it real fun and relaxing. I hope the "tests" work there way into '08 TCS rules.

You can look forward to a least one Starbuck finding it's way to you Saturday morning. Let's see if the other "fun racers" pony up !
Those brushless motors looked faster to me!!! Then again, so did all the other brushed motor cars!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Any more word on the silver can motor thing? I read the post a couple pages back about current product, but a little more detail couldn't hurt...especially if it's directly from Sir Fred.

Although having handout motors will not matter too much to the fast guys, they will still apply their secrets in being fast.

Having an amp draw rule or RPM checker could change the creativity to tweaking the Johnson to get 18k. Although it is easy enough to spot if you know what your looking for, it doesn't happen without help. . .
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Agreed. At the end of the day, it's all moot. Look at the Nats A Main for the past couple of years- all awesome drivers who are also fast at the regional level...and all running handout motors. No real surprises, no dark horses, no "if I only had a REAL motor, I'd be up there with the fast guys" people. So go figure.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fred says they will be posting clarification on the motor rules (and pictures)on the Tamiya site soon, but the short version is that going forward the silver can motors have to be what came in the kits from the 90's onward with a shiny can. No word yet on whether they will differentiate between two-slot and four-slot motors, but based on that answer my guess is that four slot motors are still acceptable. Dull cans (except the recent Mabuchi's that come in the TT01/XB kits) and those with black or white plastic endbells will not be considered legal.

Entry count for this weekend: about 175, including...wait for it...42 Mini's!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Fred says they will be posting clarification on the motor rules (and pictures)on the Tamiya site soon, but the short version is that going forward the silver can motors have to be what came in the kits from the 90's onward with a shiny can. No word yet on whether they will differentiate between two-slot and four-slot motors, but based on that answer my guess is that four slot motors are still acceptable. Dull cans (except the recent Mabuchi's that come in the TT01/XB kits) and those with black or white plastic endbells will not be considered legal.

if my rent a ride arrives this week..... make that 43 minis
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, Doc.

My VW M04L kit (new release) came with a dull canned Mabuchi RS-540SH from China. It has a silver endbell on it. I'm assuming those would be legal as well since they are coming in current production kits???
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Thanks for the info, Doc.

My VW M04L kit (new release) came with a dull canned Mabuchi RS-540SH from China. It has a silver endbell on it. I'm assuming those would be legal as well since they are coming in current production kits???
If it is the 2-hole version with one hole taped over with silver tape, that is the same as what the TT01 kits are currently coming with so they should be legal. I think Fred is trying to make sure people are not pulling their Johnson's () out of Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners and other industrial gadgets.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Lord

If it is the 2-hole version with one hole taped over with silver tape, that is the same as what the TT01 kits are currently coming with so they should be legal. I think Fred is trying to make sure people are not pulling their Johnson's () out of Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners and other industrial gadgets.
crap. i guess i cant use that motor Ling sent me.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Doc, please remember to invite all them mini's to join us for Mini Mayhem at Trackside October 6-7, 2007.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

is their going to be a list of all the racers and class on line also can we pick a spot before sat race?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This one is not the same as the TT01 motor. It does not have the tape, nor the plastic looking comm wire retainer. It's a 2-slot, dull canned motor with a silver endbell that says RS-540SH and CHINA. I have no idea how it will run compared to the others, but it's one of only a few 2-slot motors I have in my current inventory.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dongenserv
is their going to be a list of all the racers and class on line also can we pick a spot before sat race?
They do not post a list on line and if the tables are set out Friday they will usually let you mark a spot. The "big if" is when they will set out the tables.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

They do not post a list on line and if the tables are set out Friday they will usually let you mark a spot. The "big if" is when they will set out the tables.
are you going to be there on friday? if so... we'll need to save some spots.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.