Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

That was a fun race indeed, surprisingly well-ran by the HT crew...
The 414M was dialed w/ an LRP sport ESC that could barely handle 19t and battery packs not even converted to saddle
Sorry i couldnt hang around during the closing cermoies, had to leave.

marc m
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hey Kevin or anybody, is the track open this Saturday for practice? Need to get dialed in for TCS. Also, at the fun race do we run TCS rules, or any body/tire you want to run? Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It was open last week so should be this week too.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=318

It's pretty wide open from the looks of it.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note, we hope to be well stocked for the end of the month TCS regional event by next week. We'll also be open on June 23rd (Saturday) for guys to come in and pick up what you need. Shop will be open through out the week before the TCS regionals weekend until 6pm as well. Tires, inserts, rims, bodies for TCS along with parts should all be back in stock by then.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
When was the last time you read the rules ?

7. RULES FOR Concourse: A body submitted for concourse consideration must be mounted on a fully assembled operational chassis that is entered in the race event. The body is not required to run in a heat race. Concourse bodies, if raced, must comply with all other rules and may not enhance the performance of the vehicle. Concourse winners must demonstrate that their vehicles are functional. Serious contenders for concourse (Best of Show) should be ready to demonstrate the vehicles' functionality during or after judging if requested. Dioramas or extra figures are not allowed during concourse judging. Driver figures inside the vehicle are permitted. Wheels used for concourse/best of show must be Tamiya wheels. Appearance Modifications to the wheels is permitted. You may only enter a best of show or concourse entry in relation to the class that you are entered in. I.E. A racer may not enter F-1 concourse and only race in the GT-3 class.
Mine were Tamiya !!! See below....

Yes I did. You are a very sick man Mr. Hicks !
I never noticed that in the rules, But I must say that I haven't paid a large amount of attention to them, as I have already won my trip.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
Hey Kevin or anybody, is the track open this Saturday for practice? Need to get dialed in for TCS. Also, at the fun race do we run TCS rules, or any body/tire you want to run? Thanks.
Track will be open for "open practice" this Saturday and next Saturday will be the "fun race". Mike R posted the link to the fun race rules.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve,
Will you be attending the TCS at Aliso, and if so, will you be able to deliver parts if prepaid?

Thanks in advance,
Marty
Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry, double post. My Parkinsons must be kicking in. Sorry in advance for not holding my line in the corner, or the sweeper, or the straight for that matter. Really, I can't help it.

Marty
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
I never noticed that in the rules, But I must say that I haven't paid a large amount of attention to them, as I have already won my trip.
I'm with Troy... concourse is for sissies... oh wait, was that what Troy said?

Concourse is cool but only for a short time... one will soon realize that winning the Nats is far more satisfying. Concourse will not send you overseas... there was a time when concourse really mattered; but those days are long gone.

Kevin... keep up the good work! Hopefully others will follow.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eeyan
Concourse is cool but only for a short time... one will soon realize that winning the Nats is far more satisfying. Concourse will not send you overseas... there was a time when concourse really mattered; but those days are long gone.
Shut up Ian. I won Concourse for the first time ever - so it now matters. Oh, wait, I didn't even paint that body. Thanks MadJack!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

YEAH!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Sorry, double post. My Parkinsons must be kicking in. Sorry in advance for not holding my line in the corner, or the sweeper, or the straight for that matter. Really, I can't help it.

Marty
Just apoligize now for what will happen in the first turn of the A main. Makes it easier that way.

Linger - congrats on the effort you put into your F103 concourse car. From experience, you must have spent many a late night getting that one ready.

Eeyan - hoping that as the concourse skills keep improving, so will the driving skills. I also found the best way to make the trip overseas, it's called company business trip.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. One last question, what time does the track open this Sat?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eeyan

I hear ya, it's all about focusing on the racing during the Nats. The concourse that will get you to Japan is TamyaCon.

But that would be uber cool to see a 1/10th scale R/C car win Master Modeller.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Shut up Ian. I won Concourse for the first time ever - so it now matters. Oh, wait, I didn't even paint that body. Thanks MadJack!
Linger... hey, you were very very close once (50 yrs ago?) I think the playboy magazine ruined it for ya though. Lots of kids watching at that time... definitely not PG-13...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-lings_masterpiece.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.