Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I already know what I am going to do for the TA June 2-day event and Nationals. Just need to get them started. If I ever learn to drive as well as I can detail a car, I could be dangerous.
You're doing one for Nationals!? I think Jasper (or Chris ) is doing one too... or was it two too? Most likely the same class you're entering though so it should be good competition. Don't worry, those two are not dangerous at all. They $uck in detailing...
Old 06-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Latest word on entries for Fremont:
GT1 - 9
GT2 - 18
GT3 - 25
TamTech - 3
Mini - 31
Spec - 14
F103 - 5
Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Latest word on entries for Fremont:
GT1 - 8
GT2 - 17
GT3 - 25
TamTech - 3
Mini - 31
Spec - 14
F103 - 5
im not running anymore (entered GT1 and GT2)
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im not running anymore (entered GT1 and GT2)
You found out I signed up for GT1 didn't you.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can someone tell me where the actual Fremont race site is? Is it in the parking lot of the store, or nearby, or what? Any more news on the organizers? Is there 110 available or do we run off of our car battery? Do I have any more questions?
It's in the Target parking lot Doc.Its a big shopping center.Target is on the south side of the center.Hope this helps.Make friends with someone for your power.Honestly with 100 plus showing up,they will not have enough power.

FYI, We will be club racing this Saturday at NorCal Hobbies and also running a TCS warm-up race too.Bring your TCS cars out for tuning and racing Saturday June 9th.We will be running all TCS classes. We will also be running all the normal classes too.We will prep the track accordingly to how Sunday may be for TCS at HT.See you guys Saturday and or Sunday!

NorCal Hobbies
30600 Union City blvd
Union City
Ca, 94587

We are 10 minutes away from the TCS race site,so if you can make it,please come on by!Either way see you guys at some point this weekend.

Last edited by racenut123; 06-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Advil
You found out I signed up for GT1 didn't you.
YGPM
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
It's in the Target parking lot Doc.Its a big shopping center.Target is on the south side of the center.Hope this helps.Make friends with someone for your power.Honestly with 100 plus showing up,they will not have enough power.

FYI, We will be club racing this Saturday at NorCal Hobbies and also running a TCS warm-up race too.Bring your TCS cars out for tuning and racing Saturday June 9th.We will be running all TCS classes. We will also be running all the normal classes too.We will prep the track accordingly to how Sunday may be for TCS at HT.See you guys Saturday and or Sunday!

NorCal Hobbies
30600 Union City blvd
Union City
Ca, 94587

We are 10 minutes away from the TCS race site,so if you can make it,please come on by!Either way see you guys at some point this weekend.
OH NOW you announce a warm up race. after ive backed out of my plans.

im still waiting for your phone call btw.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
So you are doing the Troy paint Job PS-30 with the white stickers! or will it be green?
Wasn't there 2 primeras??
if you do the blue your never going to live it down!
Correct you are oh Tamiya historian. There was the Troy paint scheme that those ba$tards Calsonic copied and the Green one. In memory of the great, retired concourse Guru himself, Sir Eeyan of TAOB, I chose the green one. I will PM you a sneak pic.

Can someone tell me where the actual Fremont race site is? Is it in the parking lot of the store, or nearby, or what? Any more news on the organizers? Is there 110 available or do we run off of our car battery? Do I have any more questions?
From what I understand, Sundays race will be in the same Target shopping center area as the last few years. I belive Mr. Hicks was responsible for the big generator and extension cords last year so I would not count on them being there. Unfortunately we already have three of us running off of my 1K generator (on loan from the older CoBroRa member). And yes, you will have more questions.

Originally Posted by eeyan
You're doing one for Nationals!? I think Jasper (or Chris ) is doing one too... or was it two too? Most likely the same class you're entering though so it should be good competition. Don't worry, those two are not dangerous at all. They $uck in detailing...
Don't you mean "you" may be doing one or two for Hebiki and Jazsper ! maybe I should just enter the Opel from Seattle, the Silvia for Freemont, the Z I will do for Aliso and the mystery car for Nationals. I could enter one for me, one for Nemo, one for the Postman and the last for Hebiki, Jaszper or Izzymon. Think that will cover the bases ?

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 06-05-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Lord

Default Tamiya locals...

for those who are local to the tamiya track, i have a question for you.

kevin niino always brings his air compressor. does anyone know what model that is? or recommendations for one?

i like his because even after the tank is empty, the PSI does not drop, so you can continue to blow off your car.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Chris,

Funny, I was thinking about that also when I was looking at compressor at Kragen Auto the other day. I guess we can ask Kevin when we see him Saturday. It will be nice if it comes with adaptor to inflat car tires too.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by afung1
Chris,

Funny, I was thinking about that also when I was looking at compressor at Kragen Auto the other day. I guess we can ask Kevin when we see him Saturday. It will be nice if it comes with adaptor to inflat car tires too.
anthony,

a few years back i bought one from kragen. a nice little red one for about $80. but the PSI dropped as soon as the tank was empty. i gave that one to my dad. i kinda wanted to purchase one before sat.

i need to clean my TA05 (ran it in front of my house, and now its filthy)... so the sooner the better. i had kevin niino's number. but he swapped cell carriers.

PM me your cell... im going to kragen tonight. if i find something good and affordable, ill call you up.

- chris
Old 06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Correct you are oh Tamiya historian. There was the Troy paint scheme that those ba$tards Calsonic copied and the Green one. In memory of the great, retired concourse Guru himself, Sir Eeyan of TAOB, I chose the green one. I will PM you a sneak pic.

From what I understand, Sundays race will be in the same Target shopping center area as the last few years. I belive Mr. Hicks was responsible for the big generator and extension cords last year so I would not count on them being there. Unfortunately we already have three of us running off of my 1K generator (on loan from the older CoBroRa member). And yes, you will have more questions.

Don't you mean "you" may be doing one or two for Hebiki and Jazsper ! maybe I should just enter the Opel from Seattle, the Silvia for Freemont, the Z I will do for Aliso and the mystery car for Nationals. I could enter one for me, one for Nemo, one for the Postman and the last for Hebiki, Jaszper or Izzymon. Think that will cover the bases ?
sent you a PM. very important.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Chris,

No hurry ! I will talk to you Sat when I see you. Thanks !

The one I saw at Kragen last Sun is $80 and it is pretty big with double tank, not as compact as Kevin's.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by afung1
Chris,

No hurry ! I will talk to you Sat when I see you. Thanks !

The one I saw at Kragen last Sun is $80 and it is pretty big with double tank, not as compact as Kevin's.
i wont be lugging it to the track. it'll stay at home. so size isnt an issue

is it saturday yet?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
for those who are local to the tamiya track, i have a question for you.

kevin niino always brings his air compressor. does anyone know what model that is? or recommendations for one?

i like his because even after the tank is empty, the PSI does not drop, so you can continue to blow off your car.
Chris-
Didn't it look similar to this? It's been a year so maybe I'm wrong but... I thought it was a Craftsman too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TWIN-TANK-AIR-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.