Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Ok.......

I will bring a NSX and give it to you Andrew....
Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Kevin I appreciate it, but I don't need a body. I would feel bad taking it from you anyways.... I am just trying to figure out what to run and how to paint it up. I am not what you would call a skilled painter so I might just settle for some boxart NSX.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
AWK
Tech Master

After a full day of running at Tamiya with weird weather, I think my car is working pretty well. I just picked up a Skyline today thanks to Jose for letting me try his out.

Can anyone who has run GT2 tell me what the pace is usually like at Tamiya compared to 19t guys? Since I don't have anything to tell me my lap times, I don't know how I am going to match up. There aren't a lot of people running GT2 at the track so its hard to get a good read on how my car compares.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
After a full day of running at Tamiya with weird weather, I think my car is working pretty well. I just picked up a Skyline today thanks to Jose for letting me try his out.

Can anyone who has run GT2 tell me what the pace is usually like at Tamiya compared to 19t guys? Since I don't have anything to tell me my lap times, I don't know how I am going to match up. There aren't a lot of people running GT2 at the track so its hard to get a good read on how my car compares.
what direction did they run the track today?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just picked up a Skyline today
Don't forget the wing set....

Hebiki,
The track was run counter clockwise (from driver stand point-of-view).
Old 06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Of course I didn't forget. Got to order it off speedtech though. The plastic anchor it comes with isn't good for anything!!!!

I think it will be the Pennzoil Skyline, but I don't know if I should waste my time for just a body I know will get trashed either from practices like today or from the race.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Of course I didn't forget. Got to order it off speedtech though. The plastic anchor it comes with isn't good for anything!!!!

I think it will be the Pennzoil Skyline, but I don't know if I should waste my time for just a body I know will get trashed either from practices like today or from the race.
I wouldn't bother if it is a pennzoil skyline. that is like from a TA03 kit. before areodynamics were considered.

Get an 2003 or newer NSX, A 350Z (calsonic or xanavi), a Porsche carrera, or a xanavi skyline. in that order.
Keith won nationals with that boat anchor you speak of if you like stearing run the plastic wing if you don't like steering run any of the lexan wings.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 AM
AWK
Tech Master

I can never get those stock wings to work right. I have a set of Pennzoil decals from one of those old kits I was thinking about using, but I think I will do something I don't really care about since I know it will get thrashed. I might get a body painted up nice for Nats though.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

i want to run a cooper mo3 and maybe a ta05 at tcs can anyone tell me what tires and inserts that will work? thank you don
Old 06-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i want to run a cooper mo3 and maybe a ta05 at tcs can anyone tell me what tires and inserts that will work?
Best way to set up your M03 is to start with the article on Tamiya's web site that Dave Beale wrote several years ago. Good stuff, very thorough, and all directed at the Aliso facility.

As far as the '05, if you are running GT2 or GT3, B3's with a blue or green Tamiya insert should get you in the ball park. A's may be a better choice (same inserts) if the weather is cool and overcast- especially for the first and last runs of each day. Depends on the temperature. But even then, B3's are most of the way there.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can never get those stock wings to work right. I have a set of Pennzoil decals from one of those old kits I was thinking about using, but I think I will do something I don't really care about since I know it will get thrashed. I might get a body painted up nice for Nats though.
Monochromatic paint scheme with a hint of colors (aka stickers) splashed in worked for some of the invite drivers at the Reedy so why not for TCS ! But then, I am a bad reference. I usually spend more time just painting an interior for a concourse car than most people spend painting a whole body.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Monochromatic paint scheme with a hint of colors (aka stickers) splashed in worked for some of the invite drivers at the Reedy so why not for TCS ! But then, I am a bad reference. I usually spend more time just painting an interior for a concourse car than most people spend painting a whole body.
HA!!! I will be anxious to see what you are working on this year. Well, I decided to heck with it, and am in the process of painting up the Pennzoil R34 Skyline. I should have it ready for this weekend...though everytime I finish a body to run, I always wonder why I put the time into something I know will get beat up on Saturdays. The only thing I won't have is the final wing because I am waiting for it to come in from speedtech.

If I change my mind though, I will definately go the single color with some decals I got with the electronics and such that I bought. Give it that pro look even though I am far from it
Old 06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HA!!! I will be anxious to see what you are working on this year. Well, I decided to heck with it, and am in the process of painting up the Pennzoil R34 Skyline. I should have it ready for this weekend...though everytime I finish a body to run, I always wonder why I put the time into something I know will get beat up on Saturdays. The only thing I won't have is the final wing because I am waiting for it to come in from speedtech.

If I change my mind though, I will definetly go the single color with some decals I got with the electronics and such that I bought. Give it that pro look even though I am far from it
A sneak peek at my main concourse car for Fremont. Nissan Silvia S15 with racing paint and stickers from the '94 JTCC from a Nissan Primera. Accessories include windshield wipers, tow hooks, roof antenna, mufflers, lights and (Tamiya) right hand drive cockpit (hey, it is a Japanese Series car). All mounted on a TA05. I will bring it by TA after the Fremont race. I already know what I am going to do for the TA June 2-day event and Nationals. Just need to get them started. If I ever learn to drive as well as I can detail a car, I could be dangerous.

Mr. Arluck, are you going to give it a shot in Fremont or tell me the same thing you said in Seattle ? Juan said something about you drive as well as you paint ?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
A sneak peek at my main concourse car for Fremont. Nissan Sivia S15 with racing paint and stickers from the '94 JTCC from a Nissan Primera. Accessories include windshield wipers, tow hooks, roof antenna, mufflers, lights and (Tamiya) right hand drive cockpit (hey, it a Japanese Series car). I will bring it by TA after the Fremont race. I already know what I am going to do for the TA June 2day event and nationals. Just need to get them started. If I ever learn to drive as well as I can detail a car, I could be dangerous.

Mr. Arluck, are you going to give it a shot in Fremont or tell me the same thing you said in Seattle ? Juan said something about you drive as well as you paint ?
So you are doing the Troy paint Job PS-30 with the white stickers! or will it be green?
Wasn't there 2 primeras??
if you do the blue your never going to live it down!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone tell me where the actual Fremont race site is? Is it in the parking lot of the store, or nearby, or what? Any more news on the organizers? Is there 110 available or do we run off of our car battery? Do I have any more questions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.