Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Thats why I think the brushless/lipo sedan class will be very popular next year. For those of us who have already switched a while ago...then there isn't a ton to reinvest in!
Originally Posted by CarKing
Well since i am running lipos for weekend play, I have to get more than some:
    It adds up fast sadly. I am getting a lot of different reads on tires. Some are saying up to 10 sets, some say as few as 3.
    Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Since I only run at the Tamiya track, i practice with lipos and Sorex tires because I am just having fun. For this I need some stuff to practice ahead of time too. I have a fairly new set of B3s I am going to use to practice for the next month. I will also look into seeing who will be around to cut the comm which would save a ton of money.
    Hey Andrew,
    Assuming I get my tires (I'm praying they're in stock!) and make the race, just look for me and I'll be more than happy to cut your comm. I'm going to try and head out there the next few Saturday's and get some practice time in as well. I've never run outdoor asphalt, only indoor.
    Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
    Are you sure about that? Seems to me we tore one of those down a couple years ago and it was a 23 turn with about 8 degrees of advance...
    I have tore down both and counted winds;
    Johnson/Mabuchi are 27t and Black Sport Tuned 23t

Last year they did hand out a greenish canned black sport tuned, I did not sacrifice one to find out if it was a 23 winds, numbers on the dyno indicate it probably is 23t.

If people run GT2 or GT1 usually when the heat is up tires start blistering after 1 run. Blistered tires easily knock 3 to 5 1/10ths off your lap times. Tamiya did NOT allow drilling big/any vent holes in the rims, at the Nationals, just ask MPH. Might be worth finding out at the regionals before you start drilling. Although it makes you wonder if having the swiss cheese rim option, would tires last longer. Usually locally it has never been an issue due to lack of traction compared to the Tamiya test track which has tons of traction.

GT3 you might be able to get away with fewer sets, if making the trip out, why take a chance.
    Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
    AWK
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
    Thats why I think the brushless/lipo sedan class will be very popular next year. For those of us who have already switched a while ago...then there isn't a ton to reinvest in!
    I would just like to finally see lipos legal in more series as they are much cheaper over the long haul and don't require any of the extra tools to keep them in great condition. Besides, they last a long long time and are a lot cheaper overall.

- ittjv: if you are going down to the track this weekend, let me know. I will be out there all day trying some setups and getting notes together to see how things sort themselves out. I "might" have a motor to test for GT2, otherwise I will be using a 19t for the day. I also might take you up on the comm offer!!!
    Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
    Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
    If people run GT2 or GT1 usually when the heat is up tires start blistering after 1 run. Blistered tires easily knock 3 to 5 1/10ths off your lap times. Tamiya did NOT allow drilling big/any vent holes in the rims, at the Nationals, just ask MPH. Might be worth finding out at the regionals before you start drilling. Although it makes you wonder if having the swiss cheese rim option, would tires last longer. Usually locally it has never been an issue due to lack of traction compared to the Tamiya test track which has tons of traction.
    Jeff, please refer to:
    TCS Rule 15. Enlarging or creating extra vent holes in the wheels is permitted during regional races, but not during the TCS Finals.
    and
    Rule 17. Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal
    Rule 18. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.
    also;
    These rules are subject to change through the course of the 2007 season as new option parts and circumstances arise.

Please note, ignorance of the rule will get you sent back directly to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
    "You have 3 min. to change your tires!"

MPH
    Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
    Tech Fanatic

BTW, is anyone running the F103-GT car at Saturday practice?

MPH
    Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 PM
    AWK
    Tech Master

I am going to order my tires before they are all gone. I want to get one last opinion of how many sets for GT2 at the Tamiya track before i do though.

Also can anyone tell me if one-ways tend to work best in GT2 with the slower motors?

Last edited by AWK; 05-29-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
    Tech Master

I am going to order my tires before they are all gone. I want to get one last opinion of how many sets for GT2 at the Tamiya track before i do though.
    Too bad you didn't go to SoCal they had B3 tires for $20.00 a set of 4 last week.
    Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
    Too bad you didn't go to SoCal they had B3 tires for $20.00 a set of 4 last week.
    Don't remind me!!!! Arrgghhh!!! I was there for the last race last week and I was still "iffy" on TCS and didn't jump on them. Someone slap me!
    Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 PM
    Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

slap slap....I told you....
    Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the Track configuration will be this staurday? Are they gonna leave the Reedy Layout for this weekend? I'd like to keep that layout for another week.
    Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
    AWK
    Tech Master

Its a week to week thing. I'd say if you get there right when it opens, they would listen to your input! The 2 weeks before Reedy they had a pretty cool layout going.
    Old 05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
    Tech Fanatic

What time does the track open on Saturdays for practice?

MPH
    Old 05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
    AWK
    Tech Master

10am
    Old 05-31-2007, 12:21 PM
    Tech Fanatic

ty

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.