Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep, got it and responded. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
It was easy to find on TamiyaUSA.com, I just typed in "Porsche Tam Tech".
and not to mention that car kit comes with a clear body, it is a kit and a ready to run. Not to mention a 2 new kits soon, the Jagermeister version, and a Ferrari GTO.
Ok, you caught me not doing my homework.

I had only seen the RTR (finished) version at the LHS, and they had no listing for the clear bodies. But this was a few months back.

Thanks for the info. That Jagermeister version looks pretty cool!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bump
Old 05-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by racenut123
The secret sauce is just that.....a secret.

They will spray soda most likely.I could not tell you really what the 2 guys that are running it,plan is to be honest.They have not run a race ever.They plan on having 1 club race before to learn how to run it and then hope for the best.Track prep will not be similar to the past 2 years that were ran.They don't have the equipment{power washer and Monster sprayer etc that I own},nor the manpower for the prep.I offered to help and was declined.It's all good though.Some of you guys coming up?I for once will get to race without worrying about running the show.I hope for guys like you and for sure Docs sake that you aim low with your expectations and hope to be pleasantly suprised.We can all hope can't we?

talk with you soon!
Hey John - is that club race the Saturday of the Tamiya weekend or before ? Trying to confirm when we need to come up. I will be there, my girlfriend is joing and will run spec class, Tony T will be coming, and my brother is still a ??? I'm pretty sure Arthur and Craig are coming up too.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't know.Juan and AY keep taking pot shots at each other on Rcracing on who will win GT1.I know I can beat them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You heard me!!!!! It's been thrown down!

I will still run Mini.I can't allow what happened last year to happen again.Failure!

{stops to get his flame retardant suit on}
Don't see what you're worried about....those two can't read! LMAO! Alright...I will pick up some B3s and try to get my TA05 to work this year......I don't want to repeat what happened last year.

P.S. Give me a couple of motors and I will get them ready for you.... H8R Power Boiiiiiii!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
There used to be a Utah stop on the series. My understanding was it was pulled due to lack of turnout...
Lots of problems...

Lack of turn out. Sunday race will always be poorly attended in Utah. Poor support from the sponsoring hobby shop. Putting the race on my anniversary weekend for 3 years running.

I don't blame TCS for pulling out. However when I ran into Fred in December he thought under the right circumstances a TCS round could return to Utah. So we'll see if 2008 bodes well for Tamiya racers in the rockies.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
So far F103GT turn-outs have been about the same numbers as we saw in F201 last season. It's a bit discouraging for the future of this class. Perhaps when more LMP bodies come out it will spark some interest. Or is it that many people struggle to get these cars to handle (sedans, they are not!)? Whatever the cause, it hasn't looked good.

I hear that many of the SoCal drivers have been working on their F103 setups at TA and are running them with much faster motors than silver cans. What type of F103GT turn-outs are you guys seeing at TA for the club races? Will it be enough to have an F103GT class at the Nats???

I really like the F103GT LiPo rule and would consider running mine at the Nats for that reason alone. It would be nice to leave the discharge trays at home. Or better yet, make F103GT a second class for the Nats.
The F201 guys are most likely the Courage/F103GT guys too. Nothing changes when you're addicted to realism in racing.

We would upgrade motors if our club wasn't about fostering the new drivers to get up to speed. The silver can is the perfect motor... mild... just enough power to spin the wheels.. The expert driver will find it lacking but still a challenge to hustle the car around the track for fastest lap.

We are allowing lipo's as long as the chassis in total weighs 1275 gm. So it doesn't matter what you run as long as you meet minimum weight.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hey John - is that club race the Saturday of the Tamiya weekend or before ? Trying to confirm when we need to come up. I will be there, my girlfriend is joing and will run spec class, Tony T will be coming, and my brother is still a ??? I'm pretty sure Arthur and Craig are coming up too.
It will be the day before TCS {Saturday the 9th}as far as warm up races go.See you soon!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Anybody know if the guys who are actually running the Fremont TCS race post on this forum? Would be nice to know if they intend to have practice sessions on Saturday along with their club race. Not sure I will arrive in time to set up and participate in the club race (I get in around 1130, I think) but sure will need some practice...
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They are not racers Doc.They don't frequent this site.Unfortunately,you may have to call the store for any other info that you may need other then what James Arluck or I have already supplied.They have planned a club race for Saturday before.They may leave the track open for use after the race.At least thats what we did last 2 years on Saturday.Thats a guess on my part.You can't expect anything other then them trying to get their club race off on Saturday TBH.They have little experience with race organization so patience will be needed by all.

BTW,bring your game.I don't plan to lose in Mini.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They are not racers Doc.They don't frequent this site.Unfortunately,you may have to call the store for any other info that you may need other then what James Arluck or I have already supplied.They have planned a club race for Saturday before.They may leave the track open for use after the race.At least thats what we did last 2 years on Saturday.Thats a guess on my part.You can't expect anything other then them trying to get their club race off on Saturday TBH.They have little experience with race organization so patience will be needed by all.

sent you a PM
Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

So I've heard.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

(I get in around 1130, I think)
...which is why it's better if I simply don't think. Flight lands at 9:11 am, should be able to make the club race easily. Gonna be a long day (that's a 6am flight ) but we do what we gotta do when Hicks says we gotta bring our game
Old 05-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
..Flight lands at 9:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.