Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

...can we now get back to talking about toy cars?

-Sean
Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hustler
...can we now get back to talking about toy cars?

-Sean
Aww, c'mon, can't I have my rebuttal???

Like I said, no offense, I wasn't trying to do anything "uncalled for".

I won't hijack the thread by defending my "flawed" thinking, but in all seriousness, our percentage of track time is small enough as it is (20 minutes for 3 quals and a main that is spread out over an 8 hour racing day). I'd hate to extend the day by having motor lotteries.

So, back to toy cars....

Will there be a TCS in 2008?

Will F103GTs be a class, or do you think they will fade away?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hawk6
I won't hijack the thread by defending my "flawed" thinking, but in all seriousness, our percentage of track time is small enough as it is (20 minutes for 3 quals and a main that is spread out over an 8 hour racing day). I'd hate to extend the day by having motor lotteries.
I absolutely agree with this concern...

-Sean
Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Will there be a TCS in 2008?

Will F103GTs be a class, or do you think they will fade away?
Our club would like to host a round of TCS in Salt Lake as well as race our F103GT's with what ever body Tamiya would like (hint hint... Courage please).

We have 18 kits racing in our Porsche Cup series and we're just beginning. I'm sure many more will buy this kit to race at Intermountain (Magna) and down in Orem at Apex Hobby. This is a growing class here and will be for a while since it's just now starting our summer racing season.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slcf1
Our club would like to host a round of TCS in Salt Lake as well as race our F103GT's with what ever body Tamiya would like (hint hint... Courage please).

We have 18 kits racing in our Porsche Cup series and we're just beginning. I'm sure many more will buy this kit to race at Intermountain (Magna) and down in Orem at Apex Hobby. This is a growing class here and will be for a while since it's just now starting our summer racing season.
There used to be a Utah stop on the series. My understanding was it was pulled due to lack of turnout...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So far F103GT turn-outs have been about the same numbers as we saw in F201 last season. It's a bit discouraging for the future of this class. Perhaps when more LMP bodies come out it will spark some interest. Or is it that many people struggle to get these cars to handle (sedans, they are not!)? Whatever the cause, it hasn't looked good.

I hear that many of the SoCal drivers have been working on their F103 setups at TA and are running them with much faster motors than silver cans. What type of F103GT turn-outs are you guys seeing at TA for the club races? Will it be enough to have an F103GT class at the Nats???

I really like the F103GT LiPo rule and would consider running mine at the Nats for that reason alone. It would be nice to leave the discharge trays at home. Or better yet, make F103GT a second class for the Nats.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
The secret sauce is just that.....a secret.

They will spray soda most likely.I could not tell you really what the 2 guys that are running it,plan is to be honest.They have not run a race ever.They plan on having 1 club race before to learn how to run it and then hope for the best.Track prep will not be similar to the past 2 years that were ran.They don't have the equipment{power washer and Monster sprayer etc that I own},nor the manpower for the prep.I offered to help and was declined.It's all good though.Some of you guys coming up?I for once will get to race without worrying about running the show.I hope for guys like you and for sure Docs sake that you aim low with your expectations and hope to be pleasantly suprised.We can all hope can't we?

talk with you soon!
What classes are you running John? Besides Mini.....
Want to make sure my car is right when the time comes.....LOL
Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It would be cool to have the F103GT as a 2nd class at the Nats like they are doing with the TamTech cars. I am sure many guys would appreciate it. It might also boost momentum for the class into the next year. . .

They could do alot with it, score it differently, have a 20 car cap limit, make it simular to the chumps race 6 rounds of heads up racing, 10 car fields & total of the best 4 rounds. Since they are doing the National ranking that could play a part to who would get into the initial 20 car field.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

It would be cool to have the F103GT as a 2nd class at the Nats like they are doing with the TamTech cars.
Agreed, Jeff. They did that in 2003 with Mini's and the response was enormous. Since then there have been more Mini entries each year. But there are already two "add-on" classes this year (TamTech, those little Porsche onroad cars) & it could get confusing...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Agreed, Jeff. They did that in 2003 with Mini's and the response was enormous. Since then there have been more Mini entries each year. But there are already two "add-on" classes this year (TamTech, those little Porsche onroad cars) & it could get confusing...
I did not know about the little baby Porsches. Although they could do TamTech one day, Porsche the other day and have F103GT as a special weekend class. Although it really does not matter to me, if I can make it I am looking at 1 class.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

I'd like a little more info on the tamtech Porsche class. For starters, will it be box motors or will they allow any insane combos? I'd like to participate if it's cost effective, but not if they allow the brushless lipos and the like. Out of the box would be perfect, but I'm sure they'll allow any Tamiya hop-ups.

Also, any word on when/if a clear body will be available so there won't be 20 green cars out there at one time???
Old 05-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I'd like a little more info on the tamtech Porsche class. For starters, will it be box motors or will they allow any insane combos? I'd like to participate if it's cost effective, but not if they allow the brushless lipos and the like. Out of the box would be perfect, but I'm sure they'll allow any Tamiya hop-ups.

Also, any word on when/if a clear body will be available so there won't be 20 green cars out there at one time???
Clear bodies are already available, have been for the last 2 months.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
What classes are you running John? Besides Mini.....
Want to make sure my car is right when the time comes.....LOL
I don't know.Juan and AY keep taking pot shots at each other on Rcracing on who will win GT1.I know I can beat them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You heard me!!!!! It's been thrown down!

I will still run Mini.I can't allow what happened last year to happen again.Failure!

{stops to get his flame retardant suit on}
Old 05-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Clear bodies are already available, have been for the last 2 months.
Do you have a part number for the clear body? I asked a TA rep last week and he didn't think they were available yet.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Do you have a part number for the clear body? I asked a TA rep last week and he didn't think they were available yet.
It was easy to find on TamiyaUSA.com, I just typed in "Porsche Tam Tech".
and not to mention that car kit comes with a clear body, it is a kit and a ready to run. Not to mention a 2 new kits soon, the Jagermeister version, and a Ferrari GTO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.