http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139215
Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Next Stop...FREMONT!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default BRUSH - BRUSHLESS

Freddy thanks for the fun race, I will definitely miss running on that TA track.

as far as brush nih v. brushless lip

i got spanked pretty good by everybody, I'm assuming they were all brushless lipos. I ran 2 3300's and 3800's and brushed 27t.

I just used the weekend to try and sort out my car, It got a little faster, but needs sway bars and driver needs much practice. maybe it's to late. : (

If there is a tcs next year somewhere, I will assume we will be going brushless lipo, then i will buy the same. for now the tcs is brushed nih.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
If there is a tcs next year somewhere, I will assume we will be going brushless lipo, then i will buy the same. for now the tcs is brushed nih.

What do you mean If there is a TCS next year? You don't think the TCS is going bust do you?

-Lee
Old 05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
What do you mean If there is a TCS next year? You don't think the TCS is going bust do you?

-Lee
To quote Steve Borden (you might know him better as the man known as STING!):

The only thing for sure...is that nothing's for sure
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Although the one thing that is for sure is...
this is the last Nats at the Aliso Track...
unless last year was the last Nats. . .
then...
how can you be sure about being sure. . .
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

I don't know about you but i don't know what i would do if the TCS no longer existed. Most of my life has revolved around it and has made me the man that i am today. i would be a lesser person without it. I would probably Run off road. but i don't know how long i could handle the rudeness of it and the drivers ( I may go on and on about On road and off road it but that's my expierince) I could do the IIC but it's just not the same feeling as the TCS. Gas Racing 1/8th scale on road... maybe, Also I could focus on My dream of being a special olympics world athlete and gold medalist but still it wouldn't be the same without TCS racing in my life. Or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. Hopefully.

I believe TCS will be back next for many years to come. If the can find a track to host the nats at.

-Lee
Old 05-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

We, the Tamiya fans and racers, control the future of races such as the TCS. Look at what they did at the C with the TRF event last month. If my schedule would have allowed, I would have gone to that race too. Why can't we do the same at other TCS host tracks, with or without Tamiya? If Trackside held a Tamiya-only event next year, I'd still fly up and enjoy the fun. Same goes for Memphis, or anywhere else in the Southeast for that matter. Heck, I'm a TCS rookie compared to most of you guys. I've only been involved in it for 5 years now, but I'm addicted.

Of course I hope the TCS events are alive and well next year and this is all just a "what if" situation. But I guess what I'm saying is if it is.........it doesn't have to be the end.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Why would the TCS seise to exist? they get many many racers year round.

-Lee
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If I had to guess, and this is just me thinking out loud, I would say that there will be a series next year. However it will probably have a different look or feel. From what Fred posted a couple of pages back, he is looking to take it into the future ( IE: Formula GT). Maybe it will be strictly a regional series with no nats, maybe it will be a regional series with a revolving finals location . Maybe history will repeat itself and it will be based out of Hobby shops and parking lots. Maybe once things at Tamiya settle down they will find a way to do another track somewhere else. I know its not likely at this point, but who is to say that it couldn't or won't happen. Personally to me it has become more of a Pro-Am type thing than a hobbyist series. You can go buy a kit build it and show up for a TCS race, but you will get smoked. I have alot of races under my belt and I still get smoked . I think the brushless LiPo deal will be good for everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
If I had to guess, and this is just me thinking out loud, I would say that there will be a series next year. However it will probably have a different look or feel. From what Fred posted a couple of pages back, he is looking to take it into the future ( IE: Formula GT). Maybe it will be strictly a regional series with no nats, maybe it will be a regional series with a revolving finals location . Maybe history will repeat itself and it will be based out of Hobby shops and parking lots. Maybe once things at Tamiya settle down they will find a way to do another track somewhere else. I know its not likely at this point, but who is to say that it couldn't or won't happen. Personally to me it has become more of a Pro-Am type thing than a hobbyist series. You can go buy a kit build it and show up for a TCS race, but you will get smoked. I have alot of races under my belt and I still get smoked . I think the brushless LiPo deal will be good for everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW

I would love it if they swithced to brushless and lipo.

It would be nice if they had a revolving location. If they do. I highly recomend Trackside. It's a great track and wonderful people. If they don't choose trackside that's ok. Any parking lot location would do.

-Lee
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mini superevent interest?

OK folks, just trying to gauge interest here, but ....

My home track, S&N Trackside, had a "Rubber Tire Stock Nationals" race here a few weeks ago. Unique format, with three qualifiers, then the top 32 qualifiers have 6 races of heads up racing, best four races count by finishing order - two day Sat/Sun event. Those top 32 are randomly assigned to their 6 heads up, on the tone, races - you race with a variety of people, all heads up. Those who don't make the top 32 go to a an "open" class of standard triple A, double B format, C and lower format. You wind up with two champions - the "expert 32" champ and the "open" winner. One and only one class - stock rubber tired touring cars. CO27 motors and handout tires only. Lots of fun. Every one ends up with lots of racing: experts race 9 times, the "opens" have 7-8 runs each over the weekend of racing.

As I was there participating and watching the action, I thought - hey maybe this format would work for a BIG Mini only race. Mini's are the most popular TCS class by far. My thought is: Have this format race in very late fall, early winter, in that awful down time between TCS Nationals and before TCS officially starts in February/March, when all the TCS guys are just itching to get started on a new season. Heck, maybe we could try and hold it at about the same time the TCS Nationals winner is enjoying his trip to Japan. Mini only event - any version M03. Touring cars need not apply!

How many people might be interested in coming up to Milwaukee to do this? If we could get a promised turnout of greater than 60 (like Memphis did with their minis this past weekend) we might be able to make this happen. Great facility, the best announcer/host in RC - Scotty Ernst. TCS rules would apply. I'm thinking one or two handout teched silver cans per driver as part of the race entry fee to try and level the playing field - much like TCS Nationals. Moderate entry fee. Bring (or preferably buy here - support your local hobby shop/raceway) your own choice of tires, batteries.

Please let me know if you would like to see this happen.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Count me in.

ANY Mini race that happens after Nats and before the first Regional race is going to get my attention. Scotty runs a first class facility and their track is awesome for Mini's. A layout that's specifically designed for the M03 would also be a big plus- we're just different than touring cars.

Couple other ideas:
* Make it a 'grab bag' race: entry fee covers the cost of a cheap motor and cheap battery pack (1400-1500 MaH works fine). You blind-pick a motor and battery before the first heat, then after your race you marshall the next race and then return your motor and battery to tech and blind-pick the motor and battery for your next heat. Requires about 1.5 times the number of race entries in batteries and motors. And they don't have to be Johnson or Mabuchi stock motors- cheap 540 size motors are out there and a highly technical track makes speed relative.
* Make the track super technical- only enough straightaway to line the cars up- albeit tightly. Takes the motor/battery out of the equation.
* Everyone has to run spec tires- heck, use the kit tires- with a foam insert. Tires gotta have treadlines all the way across to make it through tech. And silver springs. This will really cut down on tuning options that racers would have to buy.
* Run the first two qualifiers IFMAR, then resort. Everything else is heads up racing with a resort after each round. Keeps everyone with their peers throughout the weekend.

60 entries? I think you'd see more like 125...

Last edited by rccardr; 05-02-2007 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by minidriver
OK folks, just trying to gauge interest here, but ....

My home track, S&N Trackside, had a "Rubber Tire Stock Nationals" race here a few weeks ago. Unique format, with three qualifiers, then the top 32 qualifiers have 6 races of heads up racing, best four races count by finishing order - two day Sat/Sun event. Those top 32 are randomly assigned to their 6 heads up, on the tone, races - you race with a variety of people, all heads up. Those who don't make the top 32 go to a an "open" class of standard triple A, double B format, C and lower format. You wind up with two champions - the "expert 32" champ and the "open" winner. One and only one class - stock rubber tired touring cars. CO27 motors and handout tires only. Lots of fun. Every one ends up with lots of racing: experts race 9 times, the "opens" have 7-8 runs each over the weekend of racing.

As I was there participating and watching the action, I thought - hey maybe this format would work for a BIG Mini only race. Mini's are the most popular TCS class by far. My thought is: Have this format race in very late fall, early winter, in that awful down time between TCS Nationals and before TCS officially starts in February/March, when all the TCS guys are just itching to get started on a new season. Heck, maybe we could try and hold it at about the same time the TCS Nationals winner is enjoying his trip to Japan. Mini only event - any version M03. Touring cars need not apply!

How many people might be interested in coming up to Milwaukee to do this? If we could get a promised turnout of greater than 60 (like Memphis did with their minis this past weekend) we might be able to make this happen. Great facility, the best announcer/host in RC - Scotty Ernst. TCS rules would apply. I'm thinking one or two handout teched silver cans per driver as part of the race entry fee to try and level the playing field - much like TCS Nationals. Moderate entry fee. Bring (or preferably buy here - support your local hobby shop/raceway) your own choice of tires, batteries.

Please let me know if you would like to see this happen.

A Mini only super event in the U.S. ....I'd find a way to get there. I would be lucky to finish 8th in a Z Main but that would ROCK!!!! The handout motor thing would be great but I'd say LiPo for the batteries. Orion/Peak 3200s allowed. If that wasn't the case, I'd still make it there anyway and race. Ever since starting to run the LiPos in the Mini I don't EVER want to go back but would for a race like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.