Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Yeah and then I help you setup the car, loan you parts and then I am an all around good guy. What's a little graffiti in the chassis, plus you must like it since Sharpie comes off with Motor spray...........

Juan's car was alot worse after he felt up the little kid (oops maybe I should add got and by in there)
i was hoping your signature would be worth money someday... too bad i destroyed that chassis.

oh yah. you didnt help set up my car. you DID set up my car and for that... im always thankful.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fun Race

I'm assuming we sign up for the FunRace, the day of the race.. Searched high and low but no info..
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone has already signed up, but we were told not to tell Orlando. Don't tell anyone I told you
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
GK, The chargers you linked to only charge at 2.0 and 2.5 amps MAX. This will require extended charge time and no battery benifit.

Leester, I would buy a charger that can charge at higher rates. For additional info read Ling's research... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthr...=lipo+awareness

Lipos need to experienced to be be appreciated. Racers, start using them at your local tracks and demand a class for them. Others WILL follow....

MPH
marty.

the link doesn't work maybe you didn't type the link right?

I think alot of people will follow when the price of batteries go down like to $45-$35 and when they will be accepted in the race tracks around the nation.
Think about it. $29 for a charger and $45 for a battery apposed to $210 for a charger and $180 for a group of batteries. RC racing will become very popular and will be a different ball game. (maybe not but it's a start) Then we would have to work op keeping the costs down on touring cars. not to mention on other's like tires and parts.

-Lee

Last edited by Leester; 04-25-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Everyone has already signed up, but we were told not to tell Orlando. Don't tell anyone I told you
Uhmmm.. cool... i think
Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
I'm assuming we sign up for the FunRace, the day of the race.. Searched high and low but no info..
The sign ups will take place at a secret location called Starbucks.

Everyone that is serious about racing the fun race must make sure to sign the entry sheet at the timing and scoring booth by 8:30 a.m. Racing starts promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man.....I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing Tamiya Paint
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
The sign ups will take place at a secret location called Starbucks.

Everyone that is serious about racing the fun race must make sure to sign the entry sheet at the timing and scoring booth by 8:30 a.m. Racing starts promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Does this mean we have to be serious about having fun ? Sorry, just finished painting two more bodies this week. Man that Tamiya paint has some good fumes.

Can we drop off our entry in the Starbucks Cup soon to be renamed the Medel Cup ?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Leester
marty.

the link doesn't work maybe you didn't type the link right?

I think alot of people will follow when the price of batteries go down like to $45-$35 and when they will be accepted in the race tracks around the nation.
Think about it. $29 for a charger and $45 for a battery apposed to $210 for a charger and $180 for a group of batteries. RC racing will become very popular and will be a different ball game. (maybe not but it's a start) Then we would have to work op keeping the costs down on touring cars. not to mention on other's like tires and parts.

-Lee
Lee, for a beginner it's cheaper for them to go with LiPo already than to go NiMh. They need 1 battery and 1 charger...no performance drop off at all from run to run, excellent performance all day long... battery AND charger for under $100.... LiPo is coming...
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 414MPH

Lipos need to experienced to be be appreciated. Racers, start using them at your local tracks and demand a class for them. Others WILL follow....

MPH

Yikes!

Marty, it looks like I turned you into a LiPo-monger.

bruce
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know how many people have signed up for the TCS race this weekend in Memphis?

The weather forecast for Sunday looks great, 80 degrees and sunny.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Jeff maybe some of the early systems along with the unknown and gearing that was done. . . .(in response to this post)
It does sound like a cool direction to go especially when there is a strong class for it. I have been witness to BL for years in boats and planes and knew it would be a matter of time for cars. What has stopped me usually has been price. Although it is nice to see that dropping in the past few years.

I wonder with cars how that will effect the races (duration, qualifying, mains, etc...) as we know it when the technology takes over?

I am sure in a few years newbies will look back on the age of sub-c and wonder how people put up with them.

Originally Posted by linger
A-Ko - I think you are missing the point. Switching to Lipo's is much cheaper for the racers. If the guys in your area don't like to spend a buch, then they are prime candidates for lipos. 3 sets of NiMh will cost $210 and barely last 6 months if you are lucky. You can buy 2 Orion 3200 lipos AND a lipo charger for $230. I've done testing on the Kokam cells. At 700 complete charge/discharge cycles, they are still within 90% capacity while maintainng voltage and IR. You can run those cells EVERY DAY for 2 YEARS and your cells will discharge like they are brand new.
Actually I have not missed any point. The last batteries I did buy were $54 for 1.24 volts. Last Spring 06 I bought batteries for a little less $, that are about the same if not better than they were new. I will not run bad cells I just don't buy into that argument that cells are junk after 6 months. Usually they are junk if you let yours sit at .9v a cell for over 1 month, then thats another story.

I probably could buy Lipo's anytime I want. I have 2 Duratrax Ice chargers that are supposed to handle them with no problems. I choose not to run them for many reasons which is a novel in itself. As the price drops more and lipo tech gets better I will probably get into it if it is locally supported. As of right now I will continue to run batteries that are still very good.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Does anyone know how many people have signed up for the TCS race this weekend in Memphis?

According to the Memphis guys, the number right now is 142(over 50 of which are the Mini class)...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Today I spoke with Jim at HTUSA in Glen Burnie, Md.

They host a point series at their track in the parking lot in front of the store. He said they'd be happy to host a Tamiya rules fun race on Sat, July 14. This the day before the Laurel TCS race on Sun, July 15. It's also the weekend that they don't have a point series race.

Whadya think? Glen Burnie fun race on Sat, then Laurel TCS on Sunday?
Heck, it's sumthin' to do ain't it?

Call 'em and let him know. 410-590-4950.

I'm strappin' on mah blue suede shoes-- See ya in Memphis, baby.....

bruce
Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Steven Key

Hey Steven,

the current numbers are these:
Total Entires: 142

GT1 - 18
GT2 - 23
GT3 - 25
TTG - 1
Mini - 56
Spec - 16
F103 - 3

and here is the link to the discussion in our neck of the woods (MSRA--Memphis TN)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139215

Sunday is supposed to be a beauty with a high of 84.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.