Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
It will be quite unlikely that the new place will have any sort of track. It is situated in a business district and a good portion of all the property owned in the city of Irvine is run by one corporation (the Irvine company).

I looked in the parking lot last time I was there but there are many concrete islands paritioning off any possibility of a decent track. Plus we haven't even had the time to ask the management if this would be possible.

i thought you guys were gonna be in the irvine spektrum? that place has tons of asphalt we can use for racing?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Don't sell him short, he WAS the store manager.....
This is almost as juvenile as the tire sauce thread, but a hell of alot more fun
If I am not mistaken, the Mr Plow saga continues
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think there was a problem with the quantity of "FLAIR" or something like that.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
This is almost as juvenile as the tire sauce thread, but a hell of alot more fun
Note to self: Do not post reply when drinking... or ... when RC Gary is the subject...
Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Um de do de do... no snow
Old 03-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Just my 2$ NEED MORE INPUT!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i thought you guys were gonna be in the irvine spektrum? that place has tons of asphalt we can use for racing?
All that area around the "Spektrum" is called Irvine Spectrum Properties!
Although Fred did say he would like to use their parking lot for races where HPI used to have their races at. That parking lot is getting smaller and smaller! Have you ever gone on a Friday night or Saturday night, you'll know what I mean!
Fred said Tamiya will be somewhere near The Mazda building accross from the Spectrum shopping center! Now the Federal Building down the street from where Tamiya is now, has a huge parking lot. Although it's a bit rundown!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
All that area around the "Spektrum" is called Irvine Spectrum Properties!
Although Fred did say he would like to use their parking lot for races where HPI used to have their races at. That parking lot is getting smaller and smaller! Have you ever gone on a Friday night or Saturday night, you'll know what I mean!
Fred said Tamiya will be somewhere near The Mazda building accross from the Spectrum shopping center! Now the Federal Building down the street from where Tamiya is now, has a huge parking lot. Although it's a bit rundown!
Sounds like some good potential, it seemed like someone put a fork in the series. . . Once everything gets moved will Tamiya Fred be doing monthly parkinglot races like Feb - Oct?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

It will be interesting to see whether someone in Orange County steps in to fill the void once Aliso shuts down. Maybe we'll all go back to racing on parking lots like the old days...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

M-03R is due in the warehouse this week (unofficial, pending customs clearance)

The Carson warehouse is run by a very professional and large distribution company, it can only benefit us.

The Irvine Spectrum is owned by the Irvine company, which in my personal experience is not very liberal towards things such as parking lot races. They shut down a large auto enthusiast gathering that lasted for several years at another property of theirs.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Bending Corners Carpet Series - The 1st race is only 2 weeks away, April 15th. Nice trophies , raffel prizes, and don't forget, we are giving back over $100.00 in each class, IN CASH! Don't miss the Driver$ Pur$e.

For more information see www.bcraceway.com

Raffell / Bending Corners Raceway
Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

M-03R is due in the warehouse this week (unofficial, pending customs clearance)

The Carson warehouse is run by a very professional and large distribution company, it can only benefit us.

The Irvine Spectrum is owned by the Irvine company, which in my personal experience is not very liberal towards things such as parking lot races. They shut down a large auto enthusiast gathering that lasted for several years at another property of theirs.
I believe you are reffering to Crystal Cove. Although I never made it out to see the goings on at CC, a couple of my friends were regular attendees of the weekend car shows. It is my understanding that what shut down CC was that it outgrew the location, and there was too much police support needed to run it safely. I guess my point is that they may not be as car unfriendly as you think, besides the Spectrum is much bigger than CC if I am not mistaken. We midwesterners are keeping our fingers crossed that there is hope for the Nats and a reason to make the yearly pilgramage to the coast in the foreseeable future. I know that the locals are anxious to see what comes out of all this as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

I believe you are reffering to Crystal Cove. Although I never made it out to see the goings on at CC, a couple of my friends were regular attendees of the weekend car shows. It is my understanding that what shut down CC was that it outgrew the location, and there was too much police support needed to run it safely. I guess my point is that they may not be as car unfriendly as you think, besides the Spectrum is much bigger than CC if I am not mistaken. We midwesterners are keeping our fingers crossed that there is hope for the Nats and a reason to make the yearly pilgramage to the coast in the foreseeable future. I know that the locals are anxious to see what comes out of all this as well.
I've been to Crystal Cove (CC) and the new Cars & Coffee (CC) at the Ford PAG center (which is quite larger now than Crystal Cove originally was). Now that the show is on a private lot and the Irvine Company and Police can't do anything about it, they stay outside the premises and have a contingent of police handing out tickets before and after the show.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

and have a contingent of police handing out tickets before and after the show.
I don't think TCS racers would have that problem, my rental cars have been slooooooow....
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Memphis registration is open for what it's worth...
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I don't think TCS racers would have that problem, my rental cars have been slooooooow....
Make sure your not ticketed for loitering in any Irvine parking lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.