Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree839Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
If the Nats go off as planned, wouldn't it be cool to see the past chumps run the F103GT Class? I'd love to see Hibler and Beale mix it up with F103's again! Brushless LiPo of course
Hibler is In Texas deep into his college years with his parents moving to England abd Beale has made it clear he has no plans of returning to the track to race any time soon. Sorry but a reunion of the old F-1 crowd is less likely then getting the Beatles back together.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chen Hwa did say he wanted just one more hack Gary
Old 03-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Chen Hwa did say he wanted just one more hack Gary
Too bad I've never had the speed, talent, skill, or consistency to actually get on the podium since then so it's a moot point
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This was my first trip to SIR and certainly not my last. The track was awesome, the event ran real smooth and the SIR gang make's an out of towner feel welcome. Doug, Dan, Troy, and the 8-10 odd other members of the SIR gang put on an awesome event. From staying open late for tons of practice, great parts availability and a fantastic BBQ on Saturday night, I have already added this event to my '08 racing calender. Doug and Dan, you can put the Postman and I in for next year in pen this time. Troy - you are the uber-host and expect some good payback when you come down for Reedy.

Making the main at this event was like running a Nationals. Not only where there a number of dialed in locals, but a good showing of So Cal and Nor Cal competiors, some top out of state drivers (like Doc winning in Mini) as well as crazy fast Canadians who definetly brought there "Eh" game with them. The competition level was high and it meant somethng to put a good run in.

Oh yeah, and we like to step it up in concourse also. This is what we like to call concourse "West Coast" style.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-opel-v8-tamiya-seattle-concourse-004.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-opel-v8-tamiya-seattle-concourse-006.jpg  
Old 03-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nice Opel CBR , better photograph as many cars at TA as you can, because that backdrop is going bye bye.
Finally got a chance to reformat my pics from Trackside( thanks again Marty for the use of your camera)
Team Sunoco Chevy was in the house!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-sunoco-courage.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-sunoco-twins.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-sunoco-vette.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Nice Opel CBR , better photograph as many cars at TA as you can, because that backdrop is going bye bye.
Finally got a chance to reformat my pics from Trackside( thanks again Marty for the use of your camera)
Team Sunoco Chevy was in the house!!!
With the sad news we learned at SIR, I will be shooting lots of pics of my concourse cars there. The fortunate thing is that selling the land, rezoning, and lord knows all the stuff that goes into this change just doesn't happen over night. With luck and crossed fingers we may get to run Nats one more year. The only given is that we know Fred will do his all to keep this series going alive and well for us. Fred puts his heart and soul into this series for our benefit and we need to thank him every chance we get.

Glad you liked the Opel. It is a '96 DTM Calibra paint scheme and sponsorship on a '00 Opel Astra V8 coupe. Stickers are Carson but body, wheels, interior and tires are all Tamiya. If I had run short on tires at SIR, I would have been racing with B3's with Michelin stickers on the side. Roof antenna and tow straps are simple scratch built items.

Nice pics of Tean Sunoco. I think I'd better wear my sunglasses next time I look at them. That yellow is pretty bright ! I think Mr. M Donohue would have been proud.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Great weekend of racing at SIR. Thanks to the whole SIR crew for putting on a great show. Thanks to Troy and Lito for the rides, Jeff for the loan of the silver can, Doc for not killing me when my stuff kept spilling over into his pit area, and a special thanks to Mike "the canadian" for beating up on Juan in GT1 .

-James
Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

I know it will be awhile, but man we will miss this place once it's gone. I wish we can get the City of Aliso Viejo to buy this portion of the land and keep it open to the public.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-123-2354_img.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-pt-bg-2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Default A good laugh

I Got a good laugh when I saw this. I hope everyone recognizes the paint scheme, and gets a huge laugh as well.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-usa_tcs_075.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
I Got a good laugh when I saw this. I hope everyone recognizes the paint scheme, and gets a huge laugh as well.

looks like a "no" vote for Pedro.....
Old 03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Chances are the TCS Finals will be able to be held at the Tamiya Track for the very last time. That is the plan for now and we hope to make this the best Finals ever!

FM
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Fred for the update.
and thanks for keeping us informed.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Thanks Fred for the update...

I cant wait to race my car again.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey Guys,

Chances are the TCS Finals will be able to be held at the Tamiya Track for the very last time. That is the plan for now and we hope to make this the best Finals ever!

FM
Great news Fred. I'm betting it will be the best attended Nationals ever - a fitting send off for a 1st class facility. I bet we will need all the tables you can get. We will all miss "her". In fact, I bet this might be the first time you might actually have to run a "last chance qualifier".

Nathan & I will both be there to run our Minis - airline reservations already made. But I will miss spending our summer vacation with you.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thats great news, all the goings on in the last week couldn't be easy. This is definitely is a bright spot in a gloomy point in time
Fred- I know everything is up in the air, but is there any intention of having some sort of track at the new place? Or at least the ability to run parking lot races?
The whole situation is a bummer, but I guess like alot of other things, all good things end at some point
I will be there for the send off

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.