Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Fred & Tamiya for hosting another great event!

Thanks Scotty & Crew for being the hosts behind the event!

It was great seeing all the usual faces and some new ones to get involved.
It is hard to believe that my TCS Trackside racing started 02-26-95, with a borrowed car and as a lark with some friends. I am glad to see the tradition continue with the last original TCS track. . .

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects in Memphis!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Doc,

In our rush to get ready for racing yesterday I forgot to ask you how that motor worked. Did you run it in the main?

Good luck in Seattle and see you in Memphis.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks to Scotty and Tamiya for yet another great show. Gotta say my ears were ringin' all the way back to Michigan..Scotty does call an awesome race! To finish fourth in GT1 was an honor among the company of top notch drivers at Trackside. TCS races are certainly not what they were five years ago. The level of competition at Scotty's is humbling. A big thanks to Don for the set up help on my 415 suspension and gearing. Nice to meet and race with the 103GT guys as well. I hope these cars will become more popular, it was a ball driving nose to tail with Marty and Cory for most of the A3 main - what a hoot! (dang, I thought for sure those two were going to take eachother out)
Take care - see ya'll next year.

DISH
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve- Forgot to mention thanks for the loaner when my motor burned up. Me likey motor but me no likey handling

Wish our local carpet track would let me run rubber tires to get some setup time, but they no likey the rubbah.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

So, who won what class? Was f103gt slow or fast?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just got back to the good ol' South, where it's a "balmy" 60 degrees.

My thanks to Fred, Larry and Tamiya USA for kicking the TCS season off right with some awesome racing, door prizes, and toss out goodies.

Thanks also to Scotty and crew for an awesome race. I sure enjoyed my first trip up to Trackside, and hope to make it back next year.

Hope to see Doc, Jeff, the Hickman hauler, and some other familiar faces in Memphis next month and Aliso in August. We'll have to see about Laurel. Maybe I can plan some testing at Aberdeen that week.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW, what a great time! How can Scotty make improvements year after year after year for 12 years straight to the best TCS race in the series. Of course TAMIYA steps it up every year also (thanks FRED) but it is the trackside race director and his crew that make the event. Thanks guys, you ALL know who you are.

The TCS series is a great way to gauge the future of our hobby. All the new faces smiling racing and laughing for two days straight. I think Tamiya still has the magic formula for family fun. Any guesses as to how many families were present this past weekend? I'm sure I would have to take off both shoes and more to count them.

I hate to borrow a mad eskimo phase, but TAMIYA ROCKS! Thanks to Fred and Larry for braving the cold and snow.

Thanks again to Scotty and all the tracksdide crew, especially to the rain gods on the south end of the course.

MPH
Old 03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
So, who won what class? Was f103gt slow or fast?
F103 was fast down the straights, but overall the lap times were about the same as GT3, with the fast guys breaking into the high 12's, but the mortals running in the mid 13's.

MPH whooped up on us pretty good, but Cory gave him a good run in the mains. It's a fun class, and like Dish said I hope it grows in popularity (and perhaps makes the cut as a class for the Nationals!)
Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Juan,
Stick to GT1, I think you will like it better than F103GT.
For a guage, fastest GT1 laps were 11.9's (maybe an 11.8?) (Lee is on a mission), Fastest F103GT laps were 12.9's. There was this really fast GT3 that could turn 12.5's again and again, but he is really good too. (nice job Tommy)

Qualifying racing started @ 11:00 am on Saturday and ended well after 11:00 pm with NO DELAYS. Trackside ran a very efficient program. Kudo's to Scotty and crew.

I don't remember who took 1st in all the classes so I'll wait for the official results to be posted so I don't mess it up. I do believe with the caliber of the show and the definate contagious grinning that all racers were winners in their own right.

Marty
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 414MPH
WOW, what a great time! How can Scotty make improvements year after year after year for 12 years straight to the best TCS race in the series. Of course TAMIYA steps it up every year also (thanks FRED) but it is the trackside race director and his crew that make the event. Thanks guys, you ALL know who you are.

The TCS series is a great way to gauge the future of our hobby. All the new faces smiling racing and laughing for two days straight. I think Tamiya still has the magic formula for family fun. Any guesses as to how many families were present this past weekend? I'm sure I would have to take off both shoes and more to count them.

I hate to borrow a mad eskimo phase, but TAMIYA ROCKS! Thanks to Fred and Larry for braving the cold and snow.

Thanks again to Scotty and all the tracksdide crew, especially to the rain gods on the south end of the course.

MPH
Marty, seeing as you have not been all the TCS regioanls, I think you have to be a little biased, about it being the "best" TCS. I think them are fighting words!!!!
How did you finish. I'm sure you know that one
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yea, one more thing. ALL classes should be allowed to run Orion/Peak lipos. Fred, are you listening for next year?

BTW, Great to see Fred and Larry again. Did you enjoy the weather? Thanks for coming, we enjoyed your company and support.

Maybe next year racers from California will come to Wisconsin to race race the guys from the rest of the counrty come to Aliso to race. Just a thought. We all have extra snow shovels and could use the help.

MPH
Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tell you what, Next year a few of you Seattle boys come to Trackside and in return I may just have to come on out there to see the second best TCS race...

J/K

Disclaimer: The preceeding statement is most definatly biased and presented in the spirit of friendly internet banter and is in no way intended to provoke ill will and/or bodily harm onto the readers and/or the writer now or in the future. Results may very. Side effects of participating in this topic and the TCS series may include frostbite, anger, laughter, on track hacking, sun burn, surprise birthdays at dinner, friends for life, dry mouth, silly grins, insomnia and oily discharge. Void where prohibited by rule 18. Remember, Fred is the final judge, jury and exicutioner.

MPH
Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well Another one is in the books and MAN was it FUN!

At Trackside we had a "Special" Rally Race. We had about 30 entries in that class alone. You wanna talk about smiles? The drivers stand was all smiles as were the specatators. I talked to many people after the race and they want to get their hands on one for next year.

Here is a compilation of the rally class.Click Here

See you next year
Boomer
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Well Another one is in the books and MAN was it FUN!

At Trackside we had a "Special" Rally Race. We had about 30 entries in that class alone. You wanna talk about smiles? The drivers stand was all smiles as were the specatators. I talked to many people after the race and they want to get their hands on one for next year.

Here is a compilation of the rally class.Click Here

See you next year
Boomer
That video was way cool!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Oh yea, one more thing. ALL classes should be allowed to run Orion/Peak lipos. Fred, are you listening for next year?
MPH
why not this year????

Maybe next year racers from California will come to Wisconsin to race race the guys from the rest of the counrty come to Aliso to race. Just a thought. We all have extra snow shovels and could use the help.

MPH
filipinos like me dont do well in the snow! something to think about though for next year. its too bad its so close to the SIR race. Aliso has In N Out... SIR has BurgerMaster.... what does Wisconsin have?

was there a mayo sighting?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.