Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Good thing my Truck is yellow, looks like I need the little light for the roof!
So what is the current drop charge and $$ per 1/8 mile fee ? Or do you just "flat rate" from Sea-Tac to the hotel ? Will let you know if Postman and I need a Thursday morning hook-up.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thanks I was looking to cut parts D1 & D8 like in the photo in the back of the manual to make it easier to tape the battery. I sent a mail off so with any luck they will make an exception and allow it.

Mark
Old 02-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
So what is the current drop charge and $$ per 1/8 mile fee ? Or do you just "flat rate" from Sea-Tac to the hotel ? Will let you know if Postman and I need a Thursday morning hook-up.
MMMMM how about a set of sway bars???
Old 02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

MMMMM how about a set of sway bars???
I think I can come up with a set. Oh yeah, they are already packed in my race bag so I won't forget them !

So, have you used the interior set yet ? Trying to get an idea how wild I need to get for Concourse since this is my first visit to the Northern region. I will also be in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Flying into Sea-Tac then to Edmonton. The G/F and I are going to be in Canada for a hockey vacation the next week and a half. Edmonton / Calgary / Vancouver. Got tickets for NHL games in all three cities already.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I think I can come up with a set. Oh yeah, they are already packed in my race bag so I won't forget them !

So, have you used the interior set yet ? Trying to get an idea how wild I need to get for Concourse since this is my first visit to the Northern region. I will also be in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Flying into Sea-Tac then to Edmonton. The G/F and I are going to be in Canada for a hockey vacation the next week and a half. Edmonton / Calgary / Vancouver. Got tickets for NHL games in all three cities already.
How long in Seattle?
I'll be 10 minutes from the airport
When will ya be there?
do you have my cell #?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Making the final preparations to get this TCS season started at Trackside! Reservations made, race entry posted, tires in hand, and batteries cycled. Looks like F103 and GT2 for me.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

MoshMike- Any idea how many entries we're looking at this year? Maybe by class?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 1 shot?...

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Havent seen Wally in a while... well usually I get 1 shot a year to..
Glad he is doing well at the birds!
Thanks! The Snowbird Nationals was a great race and hope to do it again. Well I hope you'll have that shot at me again this year. You know I've been racing the GT1 class for 5 years now. Finally I've got to the point where I am close to the trip but now I'm faced with the burden of being a team B driver for X-ray. I've never been sent to a race or had my entry or room paid for at a National event. I've been paying for everything myself. I've really enjoyed racing the TCS but when is it time when you aren't eligible to race it? I know Juan, James, Aaron, Keith, and other top class racers that race the TCS. We've all been racing each other at National events for at least 4 years. Micro told me that Keith has been his competion for years. I'd have to say the top guys that end up in the finals at the TCS are not your average non sponsored drivers. Most of them do have some sort of motor and battery sponsor. The only reason why I bring this up is because last year I felt like people didn't feel that I was eligible to run the TCS. If that's the case, maybe I shouldn't run the TCS anymore. I do have to say it's one fun race...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1 shot?...

We'll see, hope to see everyone again this year...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Thanks! The Snowbird Nationals was a great race and hope to do it again. Well I hope you'll have that shot at me again this year. You know I've been racing the GT1 class for 5 years now. Finally I've got to the point where I am close to the trip but now I'm faced with the burden of being a team B driver for X-ray. I've never been sent to a race or had my entry or room paid for at a National event. I've been paying for everything myself. I've really enjoyed racing the TCS but when is it time when you aren't eligible to race it? I know Juan, James, Aaron, Keith, and other top class racers that race the TCS. We've all been racing each other at National events for at least 4 years. Micro told me that Keith has been his competion for years. I'd have to say the top guys that end up in the finals at the TCS are not your average non sponsored drivers. Most of them do have some sort of motor and battery sponsor. The only reason why I bring this up is because last year I felt like people didn't feel that I was eligible to run the TCS. If that's the case, maybe I shouldn't run the TCS anymore. I do have to say it's one fun race...
I am not sure I will have another shot at you running GT1. . . I am sorta liking the GT2 thing now (or is it GT3?). Funny think I though of all the room I would have not having my lathe, dyno, balancer, brushes, springs to pack for the plane trip. Well, I seemed to have less room go figure.

TCS Nationals there is some sort of level of sponsorship probably for most drivers. I personally work hard at discounts on everything I buy. Money, discount savings and frugality are important to me in an expensive hobby. It seems the more competitive you get, the more high end stuff you buy and I can see many jealous people thinking this guy must be sponsored or a "Factory Driver". If the latter is true then of course you are not TCS eligible and that is usually easy enough to figure out. I am glad Tamiya defined and seperated sponsorship from factory sponsorship. Although there are still some grey areas. . .

When to leave TCS that is up to you. If you are on a B Xray Team, that could limit the chassis you run to the point were they may say no more Tamiya only Xray. If that never happens I think there is a point and time where people say enough or get wrapped up into something else. I know each year I have to look at my skills, ability and time to see if this big dollar plane trip is worth it to me. Eventually it will not be. I always get nervous about "winning" the nats then falling off the cliff of past winners. Other than past chumps demolition derby race there is nothing to keep you active in the series. I doubt it is something I have to worry about the way my TCS Nats luck goes. Regardless its still a fun series to be obsessed with. . .
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

ok, i'm still a little confused, i want to know what bodies are legal for the gt2 class,it says 4 door or 2 door sadan no sports car bodies(ie;ferrari/nsx) but i was told by a reg of the tcs race that the porsche gt is allowed for gt2, this is a sports car ain't it?, i have this body and would like to use it , help thanks ,,
Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LAPDOG
ok, i'm still a little confused, i want to know what bodies are legal for the gt2 class,it says 4 door or 2 door sadan no sports car bodies(ie;ferrari/nsx) but i was told by a reg of the tcs race that the porsche gt is allowed for gt2, this is a sports car ain't it?, i have this body and would like to use it , help thanks ,,
Anything is allowed for a TCS regional except the Subaru bodies
Only Nats has the NSX / Ferrari rule
Old 02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Walter good run at Birds I saw your B-bump. The A looked a little rough at times though.

It has been the buzz that alot of people have gotten worked up over in the past but if you have no contracts and are getting parts help but not the full meal deal what issues are there. If you look back alot of the drivers get almost full rides from their hobbyshops how are you different then? Run have fun and try for the trip, if you get it you won't forget the experience.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

How long in Seattle?
I'll be 10 minutes from the airport
When will ya be there?
do you have my cell #?
Hi Troy, never left the airport. Only had 30 minutes between flights. In Calgary today and going to the Flames vs. Atlanta game tonight with Tigress. Our flight back will be Vancouver to Portland to Ontario. I don't have your cell # so PM me so I can add it for when TC and I come up next month.

Wally - Gator. You will know when it is time to stop running TCS. Until then, keep coming out and have fun with us. A group of So Cal'ers are going up to SIR for the March Regional and maybe the Fremont race in June. If not, we will see you at La Mirada when I am in town for a second Sunday. BTW - great run at the birds !
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default TCS

Thanks Guys for the response. You know I enjoy racing with you guys. This is one of the funnest races for me each year. Plus I've met a bunch of great racers that travel to Tamiya year after year to race the TCS. Hope to see everyone again soon...Maybe Fremont. Good luck to everyone racing the TCS in Seatle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.