Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree826Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I am looking for a TA03 Opel Cliff. Had one a long time ago and sold it to afford a TA04. Always looking out for another one of those....
Got the Opel Cliff and the regular Opel V8 (Yellow / white) body sets in the collection also. However, I never had a Blitz Supra. Eeyan has me on that one.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Thanks guys for coming out to BCRaceway this past Sunday. BCRaceway has resolved the issued that occurred this past Sunday and we hope to see you again real soon. Your safety is our #1 concern!

BENDING CORNERS RACEWAY DOES NOT TOLERATE ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL CONTACT OR AGGRESSIVE CONVERSATIONS.

BCRaceway has several rules but the most importants are no curse words and no physical aggressive contact on or off of the track.

FRED HUBBARD HAS BEEN BANNED/EXCLUDED FROM ALL FUTURE EVENTS PUT ON AT BENDING CORNERS RACEWAY OR SUPPORTED BY RETCA (RacingEnterTainment of CaliforniA).

Profanity at BendingCorners = $1.00 per curse word
Physical Contact @ BendingCorners gets you BANNED/EXCLUDED!

BendingCorners Raceway is a business and all who visit will be treated professionally and should treat others in the same manner.

BendingCorners Raceway is a Carpet track built by a x-racer for the racers.

THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR IS NOT TOLERATED AND IF THIS EVER OCCURS AGAIN WITH ANYONE, I WILL CALL THE COPS & FILE A REPORT MYSELF, NO-ONE SHOULD BE SUBJECTED TO PHYSICAL AGGRESSION OVER TOY CARS! PERIOD!

If you have any questions or comments, please send me a PM and I will respond.

Raffell Thompson / Bending Corners Raceway
Old 01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

okay. . .

and now for something completely different, a man with a tape recorder shoved up his nose. . .
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by A-Ko
okay. . .

and now for something completely different, a man with a tape recorder shoved up his nose. . .
....the Larch....
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

OK, time out's over ----> check out "The Coliseum at Hobbytown" thread..... Looks like they're gonna hold their own unofficial TRF (Tamiya Racing Fans) event in Apr over the weekend of the 14th-15th.

Not Tamiya sponsored, but with Tamiya rules/classes!!!!

That's outstanding..... And an awesome indoor asphalt track.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Got the Opel Cliff and the regular Opel V8 (Yellow / white) body sets in the collection also. However, I never had a Blitz Supra. Eeyan has me on that one.
Yeah I have the TA02 Calibra, but not the Cliff. I have the body, but it was a runner so it is not in the best shape anymore. Looking to get a nice shelf queen to display later on when I have somewhere to put it.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

hey guys, here's a link to the Tamiya Race Fans race that will be at the Cliseum in Frederick MD.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147266
Old 01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doc
OK, time out's over ----> check out "The Coliseum at Hobbytown" thread..... Looks like they're gonna hold their own unofficial TRF (Tamiya Racing Fans) event in Apr over the weekend of the 14th-15th.

Amen, Brother Bruce:
I guess you could call this my home track since I live in Richmond,Va Frederick, Md is a 3 hr drive one way for me to race there and 3 hr drive home needless to say I am a little anal about racing there. This should be a pretty neat concept based on as far as I have been racing Tamiya cars that started in 1992 in CA @ the local hobby shops with the old F102 then F103 and F201 and now the TA05 and F103GT. LET'S MAKE A BIG SHOWING for this race and Richard the owner hopefully will do it again. Calling all DIE Hard Tamiya Local Proffesionals in WI, MI, AL, OH, VA, MD to participate. This facility is simply awesome, great asphalt surface smooth as a pool table and great pit area and a well stocked Hobby Shop with a growing Tamiya Stock of parts. I have been practicing there very frequently and if you get your Tamiya car hooked up there it will work at any of the current TCS tracks Trackside, SIR, Cinci, Laurel.
So get those entries in and "LET'S GO RACING"
STEVE.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Doc

I think it is awesome ! ! !

Instead of relying on Tamiya, tracks should start a program for TCS/TRF racing. I applaud their decision.

The cool thing is tracks that are no longer invited to race in the series can continue to run what TCS series has started. Maybe Ohio could be next? The great thing is tracks doing this can go more than once a year. It would be cool to continue racing in Sept, Oct, Nov without a 6 month dead spot. Although it probably needs to be a bit of a juggling act so as not to over saturate the concept.

My only concern is the TRF confusion with how Tamiya uses it?

I don't think that is a really bad thing. Really if other tracks latch on, the sky's the limit as far as participation.

I hope it is a success at Hobbytown USA in Frederick Maryland.

I also hope that people in my area finally wake-up and see the light about organizing an un-official official Tamiya race after Frederick's success. I have tried, when you mention Tamiya only, they scoff and say you can run Tamiya classes any weekend. . . its not the same.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

We had tossed the idea around of calling it an Unoffical TCS race, but I believe since Tamiya wasn't involved, there could have been some legal issues. So one of our racers (thanks Todd) came up with this name. The owner also made the decision about giving the kits to the first place winners, which I thought was just outstanding on his part.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

I think un-official could carry a bad stigma to it. Although un-officially it is official....

Basically it is a new series using proven rules.
Not to replace the good job that Tamiya has done but to enhance it and the passions that are already there.

Good Job!
and
Good Job Todd!

Who's Next for Race #2?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Troy - booked the flight to Seatle today, hotel reservations made yesterday so TC and I are now 100% sure we are coming up in March for the SIR event. All we have left is go to the container store for shipping containers and figure out transportation when we get there. We are staying at the Townplace Suites that you said was about 5 minutes away.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

5 mins away----Maybe if you are walking. If you are driving turn the key on turn it off and you will already be there.

Taking the kerbs out of the asphalt has turned out to be a great idea. The flexibility we have for layouts now is awesome. Look in the SIR thread in the NW forum and we should have pics up of the February layout.

I think the plan is to delay March's layout by a week so that it is just bed in for grip but not too much time for the regulars to get a huge advantage.

Chris Lim you should see some love in a few days.....
Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
5 mins away----Maybe if you are walking. If you are driving turn the key on turn it off and you will already be there.

Taking the kerbs out of the asphalt has turned out to be a great idea. The flexibility we have for layouts now is awesome. Look in the SIR thread in the NW forum and we should have pics up of the February layout.

I think the plan is to delay March's layout by a week so that it is just bed in for grip but not too much time for the regulars to get a huge advantage.

Chris Lim you should see some love in a few days.....
i say do the TCS layout that FRIDAY.

call me later. i want to push forward with that project and have it live asap.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just wondering why you huys in MD. didn't have the TCS this year. You've had it for a while until this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.