Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I didn't see any rules on it, so should we assume the body rule is gone? I actually really liked that rule from last season! Nice seeing people in GT2 and GT3 not running all NSXs for a change.
Non- Ferrari / NSX rule for GT-2 & 3 was only for the Nationals. You were allowed to run any body (except Subaru B4) during regionals.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Are Kokam in a case?
No, that's the thing. BUT, unlike the Orion and Peak packs, it does have a built in voltage cutoff to prevent someone from over-discharging their pack which can be just as, if not more, dangerous.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IB 4200's are legal. I clarified the rule: Any cell mentioned above as long as it does not exceed 4300 mah.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

I chose the Orion/Peak packs for now as they come in a neat liitle case and are very easy to tech. Sorry, I don't receive kickbacks. It is my home that in the future more Lipo's come in cool cases. I have seen some of the homebuilt packs and I quote "Danger will Robinson, Danger" Probably not, but it's better this way till more product becomes available.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

OK. One of you owes me for putting up the ranking system. This will hopefully keep Katzer out of your respective heat in the Finals so he won't slow you down. I've done my part so please make your payment.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW
OK. One of you owes me for putting up the ranking system. This will hopefully keep Katzer out of your respective heat in the Finals so he won't slow you down. I've done my part so please make your payment.
Where do I send it! I might make multiple payments for all my friends that have to race against him, seeing as I won't have to for quite a few years to come!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I have a question for some of you TCS veterans...I plan on running GT1 and mini in Memphis. For those who've raced recently in any of the regionals...what besides car spares do you stock up on and how much...ie tires/inserts/bodies/batteries??? Just so I can have an ideo..thanks!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I have a question for some of you TCS veterans...I plan on running GT1 and mini in Memphis. For those who've raced recently in any of the regionals...what besides car spares do you stock up on and how much...ie tires/inserts/bodies/batteries??? Just so I can have an ideo..thanks!
Tires, inserts. Motors for mini. everything else usually isn't a problem.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am the worst guy to answer this. I always take an extra chassis complete with electronics for each class plusssssss enough spares to build 1 and 1/2 additional cars. Bring enough tires for three people so you can sell them to your competitor so he can beat you like a red headed step child. If you are running mini, bring every motor you own. Somebody will be faster than you so you need lot's of motors to switch to so you can forget about time to work on set-up, learning the track and working on your driving .

Seriously, bring a couple extra motors, afew extra tire sets and with a few different inserts. As many spares of the stuff you break as you think you will need, and some cash for the stuff you don't have, can't get, or never thought about. If you really need something, someone will help you out so your weekend isn't a total loss. Remember, this is the FUN series, so just have fun .

MPH
Old 01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the clarification on the batteries, Fred. Love the ranking system, too
Old 01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

For GT1 in Memphis you'll want to have a couple of sets of A's and B's ready. Last year A's were the ticket because the early rains kept the track temps low. It's hard to guess, so stock up on both. You'll also want spare arms if you run LW suspension (right Gary? ), and make sure you have TITANIUM turnbuckles for the high-speed bump in the sweeper.

For mini, you'll need a hair net when Mike Masters BLOWS BY YOU!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I've raced Michael before... He probably doesn't remember me...he raced with us when there was a regional TCS in KC. If you look back at the oldest recorded race onTamiyaUSA you'll see me on the top of the mini class...Those were the days Anybody remember Russell Johnson?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I once shared a podium at Nationals with Russel, right after he puked.. (1999) remind me to tell you the story some day. Very CLASS guy and the first lagitamate F-1 national winner in my opinion. I do miss his ilk at TCS events.

MPH

Last edited by 414MPH; 01-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

I've raced Michael before... He probably doesn't remember me...he raced with us when there was a regional TCS in KC. If you look back at the oldest recorded race onTamiyaUSA you'll see me on the top of the mini class...Those were the days Anybody remember Russell Johnson?
What happend to Russ?
Did I meet you in Saltlake City, were you there with Russ?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last I spoke to Russ and his mom, He had to grow up and pay the bills. Peter Pan syndrome lost for now. Maybe he will learn to make believe and play race car driver again. Russ is a class guy, and i would guess still a kid at heart. I would not be surprised and very pleased if he decided to come play again and give me something to shoot for and aspire to.

Russ, where ever you are.... Come back, we miss you!

MPH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.