Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hebiki
...on friday ... Lost Planet comes out

BIG lumbering Robots, with BIG guns are my fav... played the hell out of the demo...

Oh and... F103GT is UBER-Fun... And watch out for the 2005 Audi DTM..

-O
Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

black can is faster.. but burns up quickly. there's a johnson and mabuchi silver can. johnson is faster. the older "4 hole" ones are faster then the recent 2 hole. but depending on who you ask... it all varies "depending" on how you break it in.

what works in mini generally never works in touring car (mini require less torque) and what works in touring car isnt fast enough in a mini.

i could reveal more... but then i would have to kill you. there isnt any open memberships right now in the inner circle of silver can tuners club.
hebiki:
You could reveal about the different type of water to break the motors in and the special cleaning agent to clean the motor after every run ??????
Then you could be a member of the Platnumn Elite Silver Can Tuners Like us old farts that have been tuning on these motors since the start of time????
Those Black Can Motors explosions last year year at the TCS Nats were exciting to watch down the long Tamiya Straightaway when the motor would let go after they were geared to the moon and the car would roll to stop in the infield and burn to the ground!! I bet Fred will have the same motor rules for the 2007 TCS Nats???
sh.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
hebiki:
You could reveal about the different type of water to break the motors in and the special cleaning agent to clean the motor after every run ??????
Then you could be a member of the Platnumn Elite Silver Can Tuners Like us old farts that have been tuning on these motors since the start of time????
Those Black Can Motors explosions last year year at the TCS Nats were exciting to watch down the long Tamiya Straightaway when the motor would let go after they were geared to the moon and the car would roll to stop in the infield and burn to the ground!! I bet Fred will have the same motor rules for the 2007 TCS Nats???
sh.
I really liked the meltdowns on the track... looked like the real thing.

Although Doc M looked like he was playing with shellite and fire and singed eyebrows in his Sport Tuned Nats/Mabuchi pit area. . .

I better shut up before my Mabuchi Lodge Membership gets revoked for TMI.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff,
You going to memphia this year??
I have a body for the m04 if you like
sorry for not keeping in touch been real busy
and the Shelby is at the paint shop!!!!
i'll drive it to memphis
A tip on motor break in try some salt
cya
m masters
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I really liked the meltdowns on the track... looked like the real thing.

Although Doc M looked like he was playing with shellite and fire and singed eyebrows in his Sport Tuned Nats/Mabuchi pit area. . .

I better shut up before my Mabuchi Lodge Membership gets revoked for TMI.
I forgot about Doc's "540 flambe" in the pits last year!! so that's been Doc's big secret all these years on getting the Horsepower out of these little gems.
"1 thing for sure "Doc Mertes" knows how to extract the last ounce of horsepower out of those motors! Hey Doc do I here a 540 Motor Tuning Business forming in the near future? Afterall with the F103GT class and Mini and GT3 540 Motor Tuning will be in "HIGH DEMAND" No, that would be in violation of our contractual agreement with Hickman Bros Racing? I will have to review with our lawyers on that issue? I do know Doc held a 540 Motor Tuning Seminar @ Frederick, MD indoor facility and it was standing room only!
Please, Doc check with us before you give away the farm! "Oh well" you can't blame a guy to exploit a little free enterprise.
Hope to see everybody @ Trackside, tic,tic,tic,tic,
P.S. I heard a reliable rumor that the 2007 TCS Rules will be posted anyday now????????????????
sh.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No worries, Steve. All of the 'real' secrets remain safe, although the motor clinic was a lot of fun (ask Litsluv the next time you're in Frederick).

That flameout at the Nats reminded me of an Audi I owned about 30 years ago. Nice ride once you got it going but this was in the early days of ECU's and solid state ignition systems, and after the Audi got a bunch of miles on it, it didn't want to start on a cold morning unless you used ether down the carb (also pre-FI). Cold morning + in a hurry to go skiing + ether + sveral starting attempts = two fewer eyebrows, no eyelashes, and a very singed mustache. ...to say the least.

Looking forward in the most positive way to seeing the rules!
Doc
Old 01-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
hebiki:
sh.
whaaaaaat? you guys use water to break it in?

(pure speculation on my part) but i dont think we'll see the black cans at nationals this year since they used the GT tuned (25T) motor this year at TCS worlds.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
No worries, Steve. All of the 'real' secrets remain safe, although the motor clinic was a lot of fun (ask Litsluv the next time you're in Frederick).

That flameout at the Nats reminded me of an Audi I owned about 30 years ago. Nice ride once you got it going but this was in the early days of ECU's and solid state ignition systems, and after the Audi got a bunch of miles on it, it didn't want to start on a cold morning unless you used ether down the carb (also pre-FI). Cold morning + in a hurry to go skiing + ether + sveral starting attempts = two fewer eyebrows, no eyelashes, and a very singed mustache. ...to say the least.

Looking forward in the most positive way to seeing the rules!
Doc
Must have been an Audi 100 I know mine burnt to the ground in 1985
Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
Jeff,
You going to memphia this year??
I have a body for the m04 if you like
sorry for not keeping in touch been real busy
and the Shelby is at the paint shop!!!!
i'll drive it to memphis
A tip on motor break in try some salt
cya
m masters
Hi Mike,
Between Lambert's Cafe, Corky's BBQ, Biehl Street and oh yeah TCS racing, how could I miss? Unless the rules are not posted by then. . .

Will that mean you will be driving your Silver Shelby to Memphis?
If so can I have a joy ride in it!
Keep your stick on the ice.
Jeff
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Must have been an Audi 100 I know mine burnt to the ground in 1985
You know it...a 100LS. Named the "Most Repaired Model of Automobile in America" shortly after I bought my '72 used in 1976. Couldn't give the damn thing away- literally. When we finally sold it in 1980 the first guy was willing to pay $125 but said it had to be delivered (fat chance- $125 cars DON'T get delivered!). Second guy gave us $200 and drove away like he was in love. Said he'd always wanted one. Hope he made it home safely...
Old 01-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ill wait for the bugs to be worked out. as for now. i have my eyes on a Wii.
I already have one, it's-ah Nice. When I buy, the man say "I hope you Like", and I must say, I Like
Old 01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

OK, back to our paid programming.

I'm getting in to Seattle on Friday morning for the TCS race & am looking for a hotel suggestion for Friday-Sat-Sunday nights. Does SIR have a deal with a local hotel? Ideas? Anybody coming in from out of town who needs to share?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
OK, back to our paid programming.

I'm getting in to Seattle on Friday morning for the TCS race & am looking for a hotel suggestion for Friday-Sat-Sunday nights. Does SIR have a deal with a local hotel? Ideas? Anybody coming in from out of town who needs to share?
Mr Mertes:
Townplace Suites
18123 72nd Avenue South
Kent, Washington 98032 USA
Phone: 1-253-796-6000
Fax: 1-253-796-6050
They are just around the corner.
I will ask Doug to Call them for the TCS race, we have had deals with them 2 other times. I think it was about 80 a night. If you call them ask about an Seattle Indoor Raceway discount, as Doug may have it set up. But I'll talk to him tomorrow to make sure it gets done.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Doc, I wish I had a good car story. The only smoke I blew out of my car was antifreeze, when the head gasket went. Made me feel like James Bond or a bug fogger.

Although I do miss my other car which was a 71 Nova. Great for making donuts this time of year... mmmm... donuts....
One time I did pull a Homer and got pulled over for doing donuts (many in fact) in an empty lot. I parked, got out, locked the car played dumb and told the officer I was looking for a place to park. You could see my handywork from the fresh snowfall lead up to my car. He let me go. Duoh!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

For the most horsepower in a 540 silver can motor you nee to contact TJ in Huntsville Al. No matter what silver can you may have his will put yours to shame. You can see what I am talking about in Memphis this year or ask a few people that know of him. Some may say good things others may not say good things depending if they are running one of his motors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.