Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 415, if it comes out, may be late spring to early summer. Most of the regionals should be over by that point, but there should be a ruling by nats time. But then again, if you look at the timelines, there should be an EVO4 by that time too.

John, MPH doesn't post here, so someone had to point out the obvious
Old 11-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

I was wondering if anyone had video of the 2001 TCS nats, particularily the 3rd F1 A-main. Not beating a dead horse, I just really want to see the video if possible.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I wonder if we can have the TCS at Tamiya more than just two regionals. That would be cool.
That wouldnt be fair to all the other places that can only do 1. If Tamiya could do more than 2 then some of the bigger races should have at least 2.

Coop
Old 11-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like that RodC guy is 4th.

Coop
Old 11-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

I'd actually like to get our second date back that we use to have. We use to have our TCS races at the end of January or so, then we were the first event of the new season in November. Now that was cool.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what is going to be the hot ticket for gt2 and gt3 this year? A lightened drive train ta04r or a tb-02 with lightened drive train? Its time to build a new one for this year.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone have any links to the Worlds TCS results? it should have finished last night
Old 11-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Rod Canare takes 3rd in GT1! Wooohooo!

Originally posted by Besercoe
Anyone have any links to the Worlds TCS results? it should have finished last night
result 1
result 2
Old 11-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

The links didn't work Izzy.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, hope this one works!
http://www.rct.jp/contents/tamgp/wor.../photo/512.jpg
http://www.rct.jp/contents/tamgp/wor...odium_6gt1.jpg
Old 11-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

did that little kid win again...

every country allows for repeat winners... except for the US...
Old 11-24-2003, 07:51 AM
R/C Tech Founder

To keep things fair and consistent, I am moving this over to the Racing Forum where it belongs.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by peter_robinson
did that little kid win again...

every country allows for repeat winners... except for the US...
Probably what the US should do is if you win one Nats class you cannot compete in that class at the Nats again. You have to pick another. Like you won GT1 you cannot come back and compete in GT1 at the Nats. You have to pick F201 or GT2.

I don't think a Nats winner (Japan classes only) should be able to cherry pick at the regional races the weaker classes either (TL01, Rally & mini come to mind). A former Nats winner should only be allowed to race a National class only. Also I don't agree with the rule a former Nats winner cannot win a car kit at a regional race if the before rules are met.

I am not a lucky Nats winner like you have. I think for the sake of the series giving past winners a reason to come back is a must. Partially for the novelty, partially because they are a good resource and parially they are good competition as long as they fall into the non-sponsored rules. The series is a great stepping stone for some who want sponsorships or fun for those who just like equal racing.

With only 3 opportunities to win the worlds a year, I think we need all the help we can get. Unless we send over another ringer. It would be nice to see someone like RodC go at it again and try his had at F201 or GT2 and maybe get another shot at competing against 20 Japanese drivers, most of which are repeat, repeat, repeat contenders at the "worlds".

I would think Tamiya USA would do everything they can to bring home more podium finishes than just 3 or 4. There are many talented drivers and resources that are in the US marketplace.

Coop
Old 11-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

What is an Orion Sponsored Driver doing at The Tamiya Worlds? I thought this race is for amateurs only?

Click here
Old 11-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Izzy, I'll double check with Fred, but I think the sponsorless deal is a US only restriction.

GCooper, the reason why past champions are not allowed to win prizes at regionals is something that just happened this past year. There were a few past champions who would go to events, cherry pick a class or two, win a kit, then put it up on Ebay. Tamiya saw this and saw this was not helping to expand the series. I mean, its not coincidence that except at nationals, winners are not given a car from the class they race in. This is done in the hopes the winner will build the car they won, hop it up, and race it in another TCS race. I've even heard stories of a racer trying to sell his medals back to Tamiya for credit towards parts. Talk about missing the point!

I agree with a "Won and Done" concept, and I thing Fred had a great idea this year with the Has Been, er, Past Champion's class. This way you get them there as a resource to pick their brains, but you don't have to beat them to try to get your trip to Japan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.