Old 01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B3x
Where is the problem?

1 Give your son the F103 GT you just built

2 Buy yourself another F103GT

3 Put a TRF scarf on the dog's neck

4 Put the the son, the dog, the 2 F103 in the Mustang and go to the track to race the 3 other guys.

5 Change the wife.

All the best to everyone for 07
Son is in college.... Enuff of my racing $$$ goes to George Mason University as it is...Plus he's a better driver......
Buy another one.. Now I like this idea!!! OK!!!
I have 3 Italian Greyhounds.... $$$$$ should go to hobby!!!
WHAT!?!? allow the dogs in my car?!? are you nuts??
Change the wife , hell it took me 25 years to get to the point where I can win a couple of arguements now....
Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCS @ SIR MARCH 17,18 2007

Calling Dan "Difuser" Garber:

A couple of questions for the upcoming venue, have you guys decided on a racing format yet?
Maybe?
Friday - Practice and then a club race?
Sat - 3 rounds of Qualies?
Sun - 4th round and the Mains?
Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are looking forward to this years race
We have been doing sum serious TA05 testing on carpet and indoor asphalt to hopefully be compettive with you guys this year. We really had a great time racing with you guys last year and the track is awesome!

Steve "Hickmeister" Hickman
Old 01-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Default TCS @ Seattle Indoor Raceway March 17th & 18th

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Calling Dan "Difuser" Garber:

A couple of questions for the upcoming venue, have you guys decided on a racing format yet?
Maybe?
Friday - Practice and then a club race?
Sat - 3 rounds of Qualies?
Sun - 4th round and the Mains?
Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are looking forward to this years race
We have been doing sum serious TA05 testing on carpet and indoor asphalt to hopefully be compettive with you guys this year. We really had a great time racing with you guys last year and the track is awesome!

Steve "Hickmeister" Hickman
Steve I hope I will do.

Steve (and any one else coming from out of the Seattle area)
Final details are not defined yet.
Friday open practice and a club race Friday eve @ 7:00 would still be a plan.
As for Saturday and Sunday We will be working that out soon.

One big advantage to be known. The green, white and Red islands are gone. 1 big flat piece of asphalt, with much much bigger layouts now. Unfortunatly for the out of towners we won't have near the frequent flyer miles as last year. Currently the track is using 2" PVC pipe as lane dividers. So much softer on the cars, and easier landings
We also Have Dougie Bobbies. It is a in house snack shack. Hot Dog, Nachos, and Chilli, (other treats too) so come Hungry.
I would say that there is more traction than last year so be prepared.
We should have a great stock of anything you might need for your Tamiya cars. But if there is something you want Feel free to let us know. The Sunday before the big race (March 11th) we will put in an order that will be there for race day. So if anything unexpected is needed please let us know by then.
Look forward to seeing everyone.
So as of now we are expecting Both Hickmans (?) Mr. Mertes, Chris Lim, Kevin and Terence Cole, & John Christiansen. Rumors of a Juan Aveita, and James Arluck, and John Hicks are floating about. Most likely a half dozen racers from BC. So looks like plenty of folks from out of town on the radar.
If anyone is looking for lodging let me know. I think we have a place right around the corner with a special rate (need to verify with Doug)

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 01-02-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:22 PM
SVH
Tech Rookie

HELLO TO ALL TAMIYA RACERS WHATS WITH ALL THE WHINING ABOUT THE RULES THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED IN THE LAST FEW YEARS WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE NOW IF YOU ARE WORRING ABOUT THE RULES YOU ALREADY LOST! LESS WHINING AND MORE PRACTICE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.JUST REMEMBER PACK AFTER PACK AFTER PACK THEN MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE A SHOT AT IT
Old 01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah what Troy said.....

If we can get comfirmed entries and the word out through Tamiya then I would like to see 3 quals Sat, Triple A's and possibly BB's for Sunday. Get as much runtime as possible.

For the out of towners plan to be here Friday for plenty'o'practice and a club race.

Also we'll prolly have a bbq on Saturday PM again for everyone to hang out get more practice and have fun. (Detect a trend here? more fun more runnning)
Old 01-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Tamiyaracer,
Thanks, for the update.
It will be interesting with the new track conditions you commented on, with the burms gone will not see the vortex's coming off the rear wings when you hit that dot that you could not see coming off the high speed sweeper. There sure were some awesome bank shots off the nice painted wall back there!!!
So the motto will be " We did have those parts in stock last year"
Mr. Hinkley the tamiya local aliso viejo drift pack after pack proffesional will be driving the Hickman Transporter from SoCal to the Great NorthWest. He has been practicing @ tamiya every Sat. since last years race to get ready to throw down the guantlet at SIR.
On more serious note, is the track smoother now since the burms are gone? and I guess we better bring the Horsepower with the new improved traction.

Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are very much looking forward to the race this year.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SVH
HELLO TO ALL TAMIYA RACERS WHATS WITH ALL THE WHINING ABOUT THE RULES THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED IN THE LAST FEW YEARS WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE NOW IF YOU ARE WORRING ABOUT THE RULES YOU ALREADY LOST! LESS WHINING AND MORE PRACTICE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.JUST REMEMBER PACK AFTER PACK AFTER PACK THEN MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE A SHOT AT IT
Hey tough guy- you know what assume does? It makes an ass out of u and me!! True the rules havent changed in the last few years, but if they do and we all jump the gun we could be spending on the wrong stuff. There is no doubt that everyone on here is out testing and practicing, myself included. The days are counting down till the first event, and with the way parts have been shipping lately we will need every last day to be ready for Trackside. This is not the first time that there has been this problem and if the rules were out you probably wouldnt hear a peep. I,like alot of others have a tighter budget this year and I can't afford to buy stuff to have it sitting around because of a rule change. Maybe they won't change, but read the above about assume and tell me the answer genius.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

The track is as it was last year there was a few patches from taking up the islands, but the 2 spots in the old sweeper, and near the loop are still there.
But from what I can tell the patches are smoth as a baby's, well you get the idea.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

SVH,
Are you asleep or you just don't read to good? (First post and we have an EXPERT)

The bother is about NEW classes or CHANGES to exsisting classes that have been promised or alluded to or discussed by Tamiya USA without any confirmed details . It is not the RULES persay we LUST for, but INFORMATION. (this capitolized SHOUTING is fun on the INTERNET... if you are a noob )

It is difficult to run any meaningfull pack after pack if you are not sure what pack or chassis or motor or whatever to be running. If a NEW class is rumored, few folks are apt to make a purchase on a rumor to get into a second class without CONFIRMATION.

If Tamiya wishes to PROMOTE a new class (read "chassis and car kit and hop-ups and bodies and etc.") and racers are willing to support that new class through sanctioned competition , then Tamiya needs to let them know sooner , not later.

We all know Fred and Co. are doing there best to finalize the schedule and class INFORMATION as fast as they are able , but we WANT to $pend our money where it count$. The RULES are the vehicle that Tamiya uses to provide us racers the INFORMATION we need to plan.

That's all I got to say bout that...
MPH
Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Larry, the kid looked promising yesterday!

MPH
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

GO MARTY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
SVH,
Are you asleep or you just don't read to good? (First post and we have an EXPERT)

The bother is about NEW classes or CHANGES to exsisting classes that have been promised or alluded to or discussed by Tamiya USA without any confirmed details . It is not the RULES persay we LUST for, but INFORMATION. (this capitolized SHOUTING is fun on the INTERNET... if you are a noob )

It is difficult to run any meaningfull pack after pack if you are not sure what pack or chassis or motor or whatever to be running. If a NEW class is rumored, few folks are apt to make a purchase on a rumor to get into a second class without CONFIRMATION.

If Tamiya wishes to PROMOTE a new class (read "chassis and car kit and hop-ups and bodies and etc.") and racers are willing to support that new class through sanctioned competition , then Tamiya needs to let them know sooner , not later.

We all know Fred and Co. are doing there best to finalize the schedule and class INFORMATION as fast as they are able , but we WANT to $pend our money where it count$. The RULES are the vehicle that Tamiya uses to provide us racers the INFORMATION we need to plan.

That's all I got to say bout that...
MPH
Marty,
shouldn't you be getting ready for the Novak race?

Hopefully I will be able to get the funds to get the F103GT in time for the Trackside race. Hopefully that class will be the Prototype bodies only. Your car looked so cool, wish I was able to see it on the track.

Later,
Larry
Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Hi Larry, the kid looked promising yesterday!

MPH
Thanks Marty

If I could get him some more practice time he could really make a quick jump up (but at 9 years old and racing 1 -2 times a month I think he has really done very well). I'll get him more track time before the TCS race. Lee has really helped Matthew out alot. He coaches him around the track alot, Matthew really likes the help Lee gives him. I could tell Matthew the same thing Lee does but he doesn't listen to me but he'll listen to Lee.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

lol.... Well, well, well. Ol' "SVH" (or is that SVDH) has reeled in a couple of big fish today.........

boys -- you'd best not get your hollyhocks all catywampus over this one.....
Old 01-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doc
lol.... Well, well, well. Ol' "SVH" (or is that SVDH) has reeled in a couple of big fish today.........

boys -- you'd best not get your hollyhocks all catywampus over this one.....
Hey Doc,
Is he related to you? I guess I expect more from a group that has their own transporter and memorial staging area.
Without going into the exact same rant, let me pose a question or two.
1 - Do you think NASCAR or the FIA waits till the last minute to release the rules for the new season?
2- Wouldn't it make sense to get this issue out of the way so that we can go off and prepare for Round #1 (and 2 as some of you are going to make the trip)?
Really my bitch is more about parts supply than the rules themselves. By leaving the balls in the air this long, if there are rule changes that require purchases on everyones part, someone will get screwed. I am still dedicated to Tamiya, but waiting months for parts to come in or paying the freight to get stuff out of Asia is beginning to get old, about as old as the whinig about rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.