and a Red Rider Rifle
You'll shoot your eye out!

Here is an award for trying

I think its Italian.

Enjoy the Chinese Turkey!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One more week before the end of the working year. Do ya think we may have OFICIAL rules by the end of the California working day next Friday?

Can't wait to see what SANTA brings.

Marty
Old 12-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 414MPH
One more week before the end of the working year. Do ya think we may have OFICIAL rules by the end of the California working day next Friday?

Can't wait to see what SANTA brings.

Marty
How about Most Likely not! They are 2007 Rules, right??
Old 12-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 12-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I normally try not to bash Tamiya, and with all due respect to Fred & Co. , how in the hell are we supposed to prepare when we don't know what to prepare for? I mean are we to assume that the rules are carrying over from last year? If so then why not just tell us? I'm sure there are changes afoot, but I will go out on a limb and say that the basic framework will carryover. They are already 3 weeks later than last year, and last year they wern't all that early either. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but now I am starting to feel the others frustrations.
Everyone have a good Christmas (if you celebrate, and if you dont then enjoy whatever you do celebrate) hopefully we'll see something by next week. I can just feel the backorders building when the rules do finally get here.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I don't think it would be going out on a limb to say this delay could produce both major & positive changes in the 07 TCS rules package.

A quick read of the Canada TCS rules points in a positive direction IMO

BTW my F103GT is ready for TCS
Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack

Yeah, mine too......
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-calsonic_lc70.jpg  
Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Yeah, mine too......
My Courage is not quite done yet, but is anyone up for a little wager that I will post pics of my car before the rules get posted?
Old 12-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Bill, why am I not surprised that your Courage is a blue Calsonic????

BTW, raced up in Frederick last nicht at the Coliseum- they had a TCS event last year and did not receive a date for 2007. What a shame.

Gorgeous facility, very nice people, profesionally run program, awesome asphalt indoor surface...smooth enough to run a 12th scale without any chatter. Makes a fella wonder.

If the TCS powers that be are listening, PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Bill, why am I not surprised that your Courage is a blue Calsonic????
Spare paint can, spare stickers, one Blue Calsonic LMP!

Hopefully this will just be my practice body. My paint guy has grand plans of laying down some SICK colors on my other body, but he takes his time. I requested he be done by mid February, in hopes that it will be ready in time for Trackside. I wonder if F103GT will be a class next year????

I was really looking forward to Frederick next year after hearing the glowing reviews from this year's TCS. What a shame.

Happy Holidays to all!
Old 12-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL!

You know, the phones and email work in both directions. Does Frederick want a TCS race? Did they ASK for a TCS? Did they offer a date? or Is TAMIYA asleep at the wheel? The reduced schedule has a large impact on many of the racers.

What Tires/inserts work on the 103GT for carpet? If I get one for xmass, i would like to begin testing soon.

ENJOY the Holiday,
Marty
Old 12-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL!

You know, the phones and email work in both directions. Does Frederick want a TCS race? Did they ASK for a TCS? Did they offer a date? or Is TAMIYA asleep at the wheel? The reduced schedule has a large impact on many of the racers.

What Tires/inserts work on the 103GT for carpet? If I get one for xmass, i would like to begin testing soon.

ENJOY the Holiday,
Marty
Frederick *HAS* called and emailed many times, including 5 times in the last 3 weeks but no return email or calls...
They asked for a date, infact Frederick has offerend many dates to pick from..
Tamiya has dropped the ball on this one......
Old 12-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
I don't think it would be going out on a limb to say this delay could produce both major & positive changes in the 07 TCS rules package.

A quick read of the Canada TCS rules points in a positive direction IMO

I am sure you know what Fred wants to do . . .

The Canadian rules are a positive for Canadians with their weaker dollar and all. What limits me from going is running classes in Canada would be I have to buy specific race motors & batteries for 1 race annually. It might be different if they had bigger prizes to justify my 10 hour trip or I had deeper pockets.. I have raced TCS Canada twice which is easier for me to do that trip than for others to.

If Tamiya USA has major changes this too might limit my ability or willingness to continue in the series especially last minute. If I had to buy batteries and new motors to race the series then I will just go back to my local racing focus. I have to look at it like Canada, if I have to buy stuff I cannot use locally it is not worth my investment right now.

If the rules were posted earlier I might have earmarked money for a major change instead of spending it on other areas of my life. Now it is getting too late and I would rather take a walk than stress out about it.

It is a shame about Frederick I would have enjoyed checking out a new track!

Merry Christmas To All!

back to watching grass grow. . .
Old 12-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I am sure you know what Fred wants to do . . .

The Canadian rules are a positive for Canadians with their weaker dollar and all. What limits me from going is running classes in Canada would be I have to buy specific race motors & batteries for 1 race annually. It might be different if they had bigger prizes to justify my 10 hour trip or I had deeper pockets.. I have raced TCS Canada twice which is easier for me to do that trip than for others to.

If Tamiya USA has major changes this too might limit my ability or willingness to continue in the series especially last minute. If I had to buy batteries and new motors to race the series then I will just go back to my local racing focus. I have to look at it like Canada, if I have to buy stuff I cannot use locally it is not worth my investment right now.

If the rules were posted earlier I might have earmarked money for a major change instead of spending it on other areas of my life. Now it is getting too late and I would rather take a walk than stress out about it.

It is a shame about Frederick I would have enjoyed checking out a new track!

Merry Christmas To All!

back to watching grass grow. . .

Jeff, "major changes" are pure speculation on my part...having harassed Fred numerous times over the last few weeks, the only thing I have heard is the possibility of an F103GT class in 07

Last edited by madjack; 12-24-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.