Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radar
Did I read F-103's? Please don't tease me so, it still pains me not be running the F-103's.
I'm hoping for F103GT to be a class next year. I'm starting to pick up a few things for them already. We have about half a dozen guys down here willing to get them, so I should have a decent class to practice locally.

See that Tamiya........Just thinking about the TCS events has increased your sales down here in the south!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
(and rumor has it they may have BBQ at the track this year!).
mmmMmmmmMmmmm... BBQ
Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

I talked to a little birdie today and I think most of what has been said/asked here will be in the rules package. No release date promised for TCS v.2007 rules though. Well except for the F201 request

If any of you are waiting on the 501X sounds like they may be here by Friday. Hopefully to be in everyones hands before X-mas mmm carbon dust.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Difuser
I talked to a little birdie today and I think most of what has been said/asked here will be in the rules package. No release date promised for TCS v.2007 rules though. Well except for the F201 request

If any of you are waiting on the 501X sounds like they may be here by Friday. Hopefully to be in everyones hands before X-mas mmm carbon dust.
Were there any "chirps" about added race dates - sites? Cinci in particular?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

rules....
Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minidriver
Were there any "chirps" about added race dates - sites? Cinci in particular?
earlier Mike wrote;

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
from what i heard is that the track owner at world of hobbies is opening a new store in KY. and does not have the time to host the race in OH this year
hope to see you guys in memphis!!
cya
m.masters
A few of us did call but did not speak to owner Tom.
The guy I spoke to had no contact from Tamiya about TCS racing.
With all the work they did on last years track leaves me looking like this . . .
Old 12-14-2006, 07:49 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Let's see Tamiya posts the schedule minus Cincinnati, which drivers from all over liked. And, you don't have the rules done yet. It doesn't make sense. If you're going to add the F103gt class, wouldn't it be smart to have the rules out long before Christmas. I am beginning to think that Tamiya USA doesn't care or is indifferent.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
Let's see Tamiya posts the schedule minus Cincinnati, which drivers from all over liked. And, you don't have the rules done yet. It doesn't make sense. If you're going to add the F103gt class, wouldn't it be smart to have the rules out long before Christmas. I am beginning to think that Tamiya USA doesn't care or is indifferent.
Grab a clue, and stop crying.
Tamiya is not all about TCS. They are a model company first, and a RC car company second.
Not to mention, There is like one or 2 people in the Tamiya USA facility that take care of advertising, TCS, special events & more. I'm sure that TCS is toward the top of the list, but probably not at the top. If you care so much why don't you call and get the info first hand. Fred is usually pretty friendly. Give the man a break.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Grab a clue, and stop crying.
Tamiya is not all about TCS. They are a model company first, and a RC car company second.
Not to mention, There is like one or 2 people in the Tamiya USA facility that take care of advertising, TCS, special events & more. I'm sure that TCS is toward the top of the list, but probably not at the top. If you care so much why don't you call and get the info first hand. Fred is usually pretty friendly. Give the man a break.
Lighten up Francis!!!!!!!!!!
I am a little frustrated by the delay in the rules, and the abscence of Cinci on the schedule, but I know that Fred and co. are stretched way thin. But some of these posts do make a point, Tamiya could reap huge Christmas #'s if they announced 103GT as a class, I already have 2 chassis, but alot of guys are holding out till they know what is going on. 103GT is gaining momentum here in the Motor City, but it has been a slow climb. A second LMP body would be nice too. I hate to say it, but 103GT is beginning to feel alot like F201, that is not alot of support or priority.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

I tend to follow MD's same line of frustraition. . .

Need I remind you Fred mentioned having the rules around Late Sept/early October. We lost some great tracks like Cinci or the C which replaced long standing PA. Which I thought was awesome that there was that quick of replacement with a great track, wish I had went.

If we did not care about the series we would not be posting here. I could think of many other things that I could do other than being bothered about anything Tamiya or TCS. I could also think of many things to do with my money other than fly out for the Nats in Aug. I actually envy the locals that get to run on that great track all year and don't have to fly or rent a car to do it.

Maybe I got spoiled and found 3 tracks I could goto driving from home, now I have two. Who knows maybe next year there will be 1. For a while the Nationals seemed like a true Nationals. Now it has just become pocketed by region.

My last job I did advertising and marketing by myself. You cannot ignore areas that are working for you to bring in business. I believeTCS racing is a valuable tool for marketing. Just by the regulars showing up to a local track with a new Tamiya car that would create sales for non TCS racers. There were 3 times between now and the past Aug Nats where I almost bought a F103GT and raced it locally, even without a job. I would be doing my own marketing for Tamiya with my own time and money. Some others like M.Rodney have already done this, who know how many kits he sold from racing it?

I don't want to jump on the band-wagon and find that the rules for F103GT cannot work with what I want to race in 07. If the rules were out in Sept/Oct I would have had 3 months to work on setups, race and buy parts for the car. Actually really easy marketing for Tamiya to get the rules out early, followed a little later by a schedule.

The reality is the season is getting shorter, the tracks are fewer, what other conclusions can you draw from it. Sure we could all call and bug Fred, we would all get the same answer. Maybe M.M. picked a good time to retire. . . Not making any predictions here guys but it leaves you wondering. . .
Old 12-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jeff,
If its any consolation, the F103GT doesnt need the development time that the sedans do. I ran mine out of the box and had it working reasonably well over the course of 1 race night. Not to say that it couldn't go faster, but its's very close. You make some very valid points, and the bitch of it is that once they publish the rules, they're done till its time to fly to the first race.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I tend to follow MD's same line of frustraition. . .

Need I remind you Fred mentioned having the rules around Late Sept/early October. We lost some great tracks like Cinci or the C which replaced long standing PA. Which I thought was awesome that there was that quick of replacement with a great track, wish I had went.

If we did not care about the series we would not be posting here. I could think of many other things that I could do other than being bothered about anything Tamiya or TCS. I could also think of many things to do with my money other than fly out for the Nats in Aug. I actually envy the locals that get to run on that great track all year and don't have to fly or rent a car to do it.

Maybe I got spoiled and found 3 tracks I could goto driving from home, now I have two. Who knows maybe next year there will be 1. For a while the Nationals seemed like a true Nationals. Now it has just become pocketed by region.

My last job I did advertising and marketing by myself. You cannot ignore areas that are working for you to bring in business. I believeTCS racing is a valuable tool for marketing. Just by the regulars showing up to a local track with a new Tamiya car that would create sales for non TCS racers. There were 3 times between now and the past Aug Nats where I almost bought a F103GT and raced it locally, even without a job. I would be doing my own marketing for Tamiya with my own time and money. Some others like M.Rodney have already done this, who know how many kits he sold from racing it?

I don't want to jump on the band-wagon and find that the rules for F103GT cannot work with what I want to race in 07. If the rules were out in Sept/Oct I would have had 3 months to work on setups, race and buy parts for the car. Actually really easy marketing for Tamiya to get the rules out early, followed a little later by a schedule.

The reality is the season is getting shorter, the tracks are fewer, what other conclusions can you draw from it. Sure we could all call and bug Fred, we would all get the same answer. Maybe M.M. picked a good time to retire. . . Not making any predictions here guys but it leaves you wondering. . .
Dang, this is the best post concerning the TCS I have seen yet...
If Tamiya wants to kill the TCS and keep cutting the department that runs this series then so be it... But please cut the crap about when the schedule/rules/etc are going to be out and then ingnore it...
Old 12-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WOW!!!
Patience people!!!
Jeff!!! SETTLE DOWN!!! I'm glad you had 3 Chances to buy a 103gt but you still don't have one. Buy one and get it over with! Why do we need the rules to make up our minds if we are going to buy a car or not. I'm sure the rules won't be that far from last year. I apologize now if they are, but I'm sure they won't. I stated before that at Trackside if we have 4 or 5 racers to run a class we will.
Enjoy this time of the year and be PATIENT!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I picked up a F103GT back in June. Did not build it. Now 7-10 people show up at the Tamiya track regularly running them on Saturdays so I decided to build mine this week and will run it tomorrow for the first time. Maybe it will be a '07 class, maybe not. They look like a lot of fun (like the Group C car I ran last year during the off season) and they organize a race at the end of the day just for the F103 GT's so that was enough to convince me to run. Don't even have an LMP body. I will be using a Mercedes CLK-GTR body originally for the TA03-R that I had laying around.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moshmike
WOW!!!
Patience people!!!
Jeff!!! SETTLE DOWN!!! I'm glad you had 3 Chances to buy a 103gt but you still don't have one. Buy one and get it over with! Why do we need the rules to make up our minds if we are going to buy a car or not. I'm sure the rules won't be that far from last year. I apologize now if they are, but I'm sure they won't. I stated before that at Trackside if we have 4 or 5 racers to run a class we will.
Enjoy this time of the year and be PATIENT!!!
Moshmellowmike
- No work and lack of money put my F103GT on hold.
- 1st 2 times I considered it with a job the other time 1 month ago without.
- Visa, M/C or Trackside does not sponsor me...

BP Shadow
- Great news about out of the box car working.
- Not really surprised with Tamiya cars, still good to hear on a box stock car.
- That was one thing that impressed me about the TA05.

Nova F1 Racer
- Thought you were selling everything Tamiya?
- I don't think this thread carries any weight for Tamiya. They can choose to read it or ignore it. If it was their website then it would be a different story. Many of my post thoughts are shared by others who I have talked to. Most of it is lost opportunities not just by me but by yourself and others. If they released the rules I would not complain unless they did a 180 deg turn and did something else nobody else is currently doing. If that happened (which I doubt it) then I would be looking for fresh air outside of TCS.

My only bitch for 06 was Tracside/Cinci back to back weekends.
I liked the idea for different bodies at the Nats.
Usually rules I like to know what is going on well in advance. There has been threats of motor changes/tires/bodies, etc... in the past. You put stuff like that on hold, once rules are released you might run into shortages, which has happened. I have had parts ordered 2 months ahead to never come in for a TCS race and I was supporting my LHS.

Anyways, I will crawl back into my cave to dream about Memphis BBQ . . .

Last edited by A-Ko; 12-15-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.