Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Another "Little Birdie" has advised me that Cinci is on the table to have a Race but the Race Promoter has not returned Tamiya's call back to get things going??? If anybody no how to get a hold of Tom Cohen "Get er done" because the clock is ticking !!!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:40 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I would not mind seeing the option of Lipo's or NIMH's like they ran at the KO race earlier this year. There was a lot of fears about lipo vs. NIMH and it turned out that both options were competitive at the top main's level. This would allow people the option top use what they have, and another option for these looking to upgrade or replace.
I agree. I will be attempting TCS in June and would like to see the option of having both as I much prefer to run lipos and not drag all that extra equipment around.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Another "Little Birdie" has advised me that Cinci is on the table to have a Race but the Race Promoter has not returned Tamiya's call back to get things going??? If anybody no how to get a hold of Tom Cohen "Get er done" because the clock is ticking !!!!!

I second that! My family was looking forward to Cinci again this year, as it's an easy day drive and there are a lot of family/kid things to do in the area. Even if it's not on the calendar, I might find myself there again next year. But I would much prefer to link the trip to a TCS!

As of right now I might be trapped in a one-race scenario myself (Memphis). With many events going to two-day schedules, it will make it harder for me to balance work and play. Not knocking that decision, just stating the reality of it for me. Three-day weekends aren't tough to swing, but when you start looking at 5 day weekends to fly and race it gets to be a challenge.

I will have to draw straws and see which event I can make an attempt to attend. I've heard good things about SIR and Trackside, so those will top my list for the draw. I was also looking forward to running at the "C", but it too was absent from the calendar. How hot and nasty is Maryland/DC in July?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I would like to see Tamiya reconsider and schedule a race in Cincinnati in May. As the schedule stands now the U.S. has only one more race than Canada. The U.S., i would ssume, is a larger market than Canada.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll join the chorus to campaign to add Cinci back in to the schedule. They were a great host and had a very good turnout. I was looking forward to driving the 6 hour trip for a second event to run in addition to Trackside.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

from what i heard is that the track owner at world of hobbies is opening a new store in KY. and does not have the time to host the race in OH this year
hope to see you guys in memphis!!
cya
m.masters
Old 12-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I wonder if he is shutting down the Cinci store? It was my understanding that he had bought the building that WoH resided in, I wonder if it was just a realestate deal. It didnt seem like it, but you never know, and I dont want to start rumors about the guy, he was good to us when we went to his track. Its just a shame that a good venue isnt on the schedule. It was a very central location bringing in people from north,south,east and west. Hope he reconsiders
Old 12-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have a quick question,

I bought my son a new TT01 Chasis to run in the spec class instead of his TL01. Both come with a 19 tooth pinion as the stock spur and according to the Spec rules cars must run the stock kit pinion and spur combo. My question is how is this fair when the TL01 Final Drive with the 19 tooth pinion is 7.96 while the TT01 final Drive with the 19 tooth pinion is 8.35. I feel the rules should be changed to allow the TT01 to be able to run a 20 tooth pinion which would be a final Drive of 7.93 which would be more in line with the TL01 final Drive.

What do you guys think? Maybe Fred is watching and can give some input.

See you guys at Trackside in March.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 12-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont know that much about those two chassis, but what you're talking about makes alot of sense. To me the gearing should be something you can play with in spec, unless the chassis requires modification to accept another pinion, at which point you are on your own.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Larry,
Don't worry about the gear ratio.
The difference is in the drive lines,
the TT01 has less gears and less drag than a TL01 does
so the ratio work out the same and your not limited to stick packs like the TL
I hope this will help
M.Masters
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
from what i heard is that the track owner at world of hobbies is opening a new store in KY. and does not have the time to host the race in OH this year
hope to see you guys in memphis!!
cya
m.masters

See Ya in Memphis!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

See Ya in Memphis!
hey Jeff, wouldn't it be "see all yall" in Memphis?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madjack
hey Jeff, wouldn't it be "see all yall" in Memphis?
That might be better suited for Knoxville, Tennesse.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I am in the process of being lipo capable ( got the pack, waiting for the charger to arrive). I really feel strongly that it would be an equalizer. because you no longer have to worry about voltage and IR because everyone has the same pack. No more carting discharge trays and all that crap to the track either, and you dont have to cycle them or cast any voodoo magic to make them work right. One pack one charge for practice and quals, and a top off for the main(or so I have heard). So give me the downside again?
yup.. made the transition for the KO GP because i knew i wouldnt be racing as much. team orion avionics charger is $65...and the teamorion 3200 spec lipo was $75.

i just charge and go. i definitely have less equipment on my pit table.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM

"So give me the downside again?" (BP SHADOW)
how bout FIRE !!!!!

Ever see a lipo blow in a car after a T'bone impact? TOTAL loss of everything. It's like fireworks gone bad. Fun to watch, bad for the owner of the car and indoor carpet.

The Peak/Orion lipo packs come in a plastic protective case. A bit heavy, but alot safer. Do you think Tamiya will mandate encased lipo if they allow them?

Radar... Ping...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.