Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

This might have been posted already. Does anyone know the date for Cincinnati?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That is one of the great unknowns at this point
I posted on their forum to ask if anyone knew what was going on, but so far nothing
Old 12-05-2006, 09:18 AM
MD
Tech Champion

BP - Thanks. I emailed the hobby shop last week and I've received no response.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hooray, Memphis is on the calendar! I'm hoping the Alabama gang will have a show of force next year, with TCS veterans and rookies alike already planning their vacations.

So what's the guess on an F103 class? As soon as they post the rules, we might be adding it to our RC3 class listing for next spring. I'm sure they'll be a handful on the parking lot surfaces.

And just as everyone else has already asked: How about Cinci? My girls are all ready to hit those slopes again, if they host the race during the snowy season.

Hey Doc Mertes, what's the news up your way? Is the "C" going to host another one? What about Laurel? My oldest wants to go to Washington DC next year, so we might swing another family event out of that one.

I can see my Skymiles taking a beating already....
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Everybody,
I talked with Richard the owner @ the Frederick, Md track a couple of weeks ago Bruce and I were doing some secret Tamiya TA05 testing. He said that the has attempted to contact Tamiya several times but no one will return his call? I told him that in my opinon and several others that there venue was a big success especially since they had such short notice with the RCO thing that went on last year.
I hope the powers at Tamiya give them a chance for a race this year, it was a great turn out last year and the track is really state of art in regards facility and surface. It would great to see Cinci in late Jan, Frederick in Feb,
Trackside March 3,4 and Seattle March 17. Then Memphis in late April.
What do you guys think??
Steve.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree. Frederick is a top notch track with great people, and they really pulled out last year for Tamiya when RCO closed down. Making their date in February also makes it five months between that and the Laurel race (aside from Aliso, the sole remaining original season track on the schedule), pleanty of time for both venues to get a good crowd.

Me likey...
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
MD
Tech Champion

I visited Tucson last year and raced at a place called Competion Hobbies. It is the best indoor facility I have seen or heard about. It has large carpet track and even bigger dirt track inside. It is extremely clean and neat with four large TV monitors. A center located driver's stand with handicap access. The hobby shop is well organized. I just wonder if Tamiya considered that location. They have a large race there this weekend. It's called the 4th annual Southwest Indoor Grand Prix. They have a website, but it's not totally up-to-date. They have pictures of the facility. It's relatively new industrial type buidling. It's air conditioned if they need it. I think the registration form is in R/C Car magazine. I wish I could get there.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I visited Tucson last year and raced at a place called Competion Hobbies. It is the best indoor facility I have seen or heard about. It has large carpet track and even bigger dirt track inside. It is extremely clean and neat with four large TV monitors. A center located driver's stand with handicap access. The hobby shop is well organized. I just wonder if Tamiya considered that location. They have a large race there this weekend. It's called the 4th annual Southwest Indoor Grand Prix. They have a website, but it's not totally up-to-date. They have pictures of the facility. It's relatively new industrial type buidling. It's air conditioned if they need it. I think the registration form is in R/C Car magazine. I wish I could get there.
WOW - this looks like a gorgeous facility. Big layout, no poles, tall ceilings, modern lighting, and AC (of course in Tucson, it has to have AC). Makes you wonder how they can afford it. I would love to visit Tucson for my first time if Tamiya would hold a TCS here.
But you're right - they do need to update their website. Not a good sign when "upcoming events" list 2005 races!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Talking TCS Racer's X-Mas Wishlist

1)49400-30th Anniversary Porsche RSR Type 934, becuase this thing is uber cool and very limited, so make sure you ask for 2, one for the shelf and the other for the collection.
2)58376-F103GT w/finished LC70 Advan Courage body, need the basics to build a hop-up verision.
3)All the Tamiya F103GT hop-ups
4)51264-Clear LC70 Advan/Courage Body Set, too many red and black cars would make driving on the track too confusing.
5)Favorite F1/DTM/LeMan sticker sheet for above.
6)Orion 4800 Li-Po Battery Pack, becuase running for 30 minutes straight with a Mabuchi motor is way too much fun to stop.
7)NiMah and Li-Po Battery Charger, never know if you may want to start up flying electric heli or airplanes around the track.
8)Sorex 32R and Xenon Aqua inserts, with some cool Tamiya mesh or 10-spoke wheels, because dish wheels are so unreal. Yeah, it isn't TCS legal, but what the heck.
9)57101-Tamtech GT-01 Porsche RSR Type 934, because a scale Porsche in 1/12th scale is pretty cool too with 2wd.
10)Peace on Earth and Goodwill to your fellow racer, until the tone.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Can I add:
11) 2007 TCS rules package
12) 2007 TCS race schedule
Old 12-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Can I add:
ouch!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Can I add:
I thought you were still recovering from TWCJCPTD (Tamiya World Championship in Japan Competitor Post Traumatic Disorder). Look at Eeyan, he still has not recovered since 2004.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Just wondering if Tamiya was planning to have more stops this year in the schedule.Can anyone confirm this? Does this make sense?
I use to manage a store and ran a race program that also has had a TCS Regional race for the last 4 years. I am now managing a new store that is requesting a Regional from Tamiya.Our track is a nice, permanent track facility{carpet and asphalt}that is directly connected to the new store and we run the only electric program in our area now.The last shop I worked at is no longer running a regular parking lot race program due to lack of interest by the local racers.
My dilema is that it has come to my attention that Tamiya maybe offering a Regional Date to 2 local shops.Has this ever been the case in another area? The 2 shops are in a 5 mile distance from each other.Would it even make sense for one or the other to accept the offer if another shop runs a date before the other?
Unfortunately for Tamiya,the original shop I used to work with which will remain nameless, was for the 1st 2 years it ran TCS, was very poorly run.The last 2 years it was ran,it was ran by an experienced race director and support crew and were quite successful. We had lots of Southern California/Arizona participation also.
Now that the same Race director and support Crew has moved to the our new shop, Does it make sense for Tamiya to offer the prior location a date especially since it no longer has a regular race program? What I am afraid of is that the original store will attempt to run a date,have very poor participation locally because the racers are not racing there anymore.And those out of towners that have been regulars for the last 3-4 years will travel here and be very disappointed.Thus in turn the New Location will have less participation for thier date because the 1st date was a disaster. Especially from the out of town regulars who I consider friends.
Again has anyone heard of having two TCS regional event so close together in Location before?

Again thanks for the earlier support guys.We just got confirmation that we will not be running a TCS stop this season @ NorCal Hobbies. Unfortunately its the way things work and hopefully TCS racing will not die out completely here in Northern california.I must say that I have met alot of cool people who have come from out of our area in the last 2 years just by being involved in TCS. I will miss that part for sure. Hobbytown Usa Fremont has been awarded the stop and I must give them my best wishes.

When is the SIR regional race gonna be?I need to go somewhere to qualify for Nats. I here its a cool place to race!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Again thanks for the earlier support guys.We just got confirmation that we will not be running a TCS stop this season @ NorCal Hobbies. Unfortunately its the way things work and hopefully TCS racing will not die out completely here in Northern california.I must say that I have met alot of cool people who have come from out of our area in the last 2 years just by being involved in TCS. I will miss that part for sure. Hobbytown Usa Fremont has been awarded the stop and I must give them my best wishes.

When is the SIR regional race gonna be?I need to go somewhere to qualify for Nats. I here its a cool place to race!
Hey John - sorry to hear you guys will not get the event. Will definetly make me think harder if it will be worth coming up to make the race in Fremont now. Seattle is March 17-18 weekend. A few of us So Cal'ers will be heading up to SIR for that one so we will see you there.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
MD
Tech Champion

I called the track in Concinnati today. The person who answered the phone said that the did not have a date for a TCS race. Hopefully, he was wrong or uniiformed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.