Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-04-2006, 06:12 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

BP, I like your idea. Yes, racers do complain a lot. But, I've worked at a hobby shop and the monster truck drivers complain also. They run their truck into a fire hydrant and complain about buying parts. Most of the people on this thread probably know this, but I thoughy I should add it. If you go to www.tamiya.ca you can find the TCS rules for Canada. They may give us a hint for the U.S. rules.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I saw that. I know everyone complains , its human nature, but some more than others. I wonder why tey dont set the rules universally since the ultimate goal is Japan. Also I think that if you are willing to spend your own money, you should be allowed to go to Japan. The winners from the Nats would still get the trip, but you could go to Japan as a privateer. Just a thought, I would do it once just to do it.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I've wondered that myself. Set the rules universally for those wanting to earn a spot to Japan. Each country or area could tack on additional classes. I guess that's sort of the way it's done now, but it's not totally clear what the requirements are for Japan. May be, I am just not aware of them. It would be interesting to run some of the qualifying races in Japan. I wonder if there would be enough interest to form a Tamiya drivers organization in the U.S. The group could require a membership fee and find hobby shops to hold races with Tamiya rules. If there was enough support, the group could run a series and reward a champion to run a qualifier in another country. I think that's a generally a crazy idea, considering the amount of organization and effort that would take. It's more likely that groups of Tamiya drivers in certain areas like Chicago, L.A., etc. organize events in their vicinity. There are probably groups like that alrerady, and I am not aware of them.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you complain about complaining too much?

I am not really upset about what is going on, maybe disappointed.
Usually if everything is perceived "perfect" there is something to complain about. I usually try to look for that and in my actions and not get too wrapped up in it.

As far as Mr. Gordon being most guilty, I don't really think so. I hear Jr and others bitch up a storm and they really don't get coverage or media spin. One thing about Gordon is he came through the ranks fast, beat alot of favorite drivers and was in the lime-light alot. I have been a Gordog fan since 94, never met him though. If something happened on the RC track and someone stuck a microphone in your face before you could get off the drivers stand and settle down, I am sure everyone would come across a whiner, cry baby or jerk. I could go on but this is a Tamiya forum not Nas-care.

I am pretty sure Japan has its own series. Our Worlds to them is more like a Nationals with a few international drivers. It would be pretty cool to expand the series and open it up more. If you want to privateer in Japan I think it would be ok but you might need to qualify for it, maybe top 10 at the Nationals. I don't think it would happen, I get the feeling there is vagueness in the rules and communications to favor Japanese drivers vs anybody else. Why would they want more foreigners coming in and beating their local heros. It could also be cool to have a true worlds and maybe rotate locations. So Tamiya America at one point could be host. It will not happen but it is a nice thought.

I would be happy to communicate more about the goings on with Tamiya USA and work with Doug & Dave on getting things done. I don't care to be the point-man mainly due to I have to be that for another hobby. I will be out of town Dec 5th thru Dec 12th so maybe after that I can get more into assisting developments.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
A little birdie said that Memphis is on the chopping block for being part of the graveyard of past series tracks. Main reasoning is they did not carry enough TCS parts. . .? I would hate to see a long running track, awesome site, great people and BBQ sauce fall by the way-side. Actually it is giving me the Blues in missing the Blues. . .

So to save Memphis TCS call and email Hobbytown Memphis AND call and email Tamiya USA.

I have been to sites with a lot poorer Tamiya stock and they still ran TCS races.

Hobby Town in Memphis has more Tamiya inventroy now than ever before. Memphis will have a TCS race in 07 and the date should be published by the first of next week.

There is even some talk of have some MSRA style BBQ at the race. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The confirmed date for the Memphis TCS race is April 29, 2007.

Hope to see everyone there!

thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

This is great news!!!

Memphis is an outstanding venue.... Awesome, classic old-style parking lot racing at its finest. The Show is run flawlessly,and you can expect to leave there about 10 lbs heavier, what with all the great eats around that place. Can't wait!!!

bruce
Old 12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, Wasssup boys. I plan to attend Cinci, Wis, and possibly the Memphis race in '07. I'm preparing NOW...yes, you heard me correctly. I'm ordering ALL the medium inserts before the Hickmans set foot in the factory to purchase the machines that make them. Any word on a F103GT class yet? sorry I have not read all the previous posts. You guys are hard-core man!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Uh, sorry there dishy-wishy you're about a day too late!!!

(I might be able to cut you a deal under the table if your real nice)

I think we all better just shut the traps and start racing. There's more complainin' goin' on in here than in Talledega before a restrictor plate race!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good point, Bruce.

Just about got my F103GT Courage finished for the 2007 season (sure do hope that's gonna be a class). Now all I have to decide is...one-way or spool?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
Good point, Bruce.

Just about got my F103GT Courage finished for the 2007 season (sure do hope that's gonna be a class). Now all I have to decide is...one-way or spool?
A one way on a 103? Doc you are pushing the envelope. My testing is showing that the softer the insret the better, you might want to rethink that whole medium thing. Of course everyone knows that the real hot setup is no inserts at all, kind of like the whole Brittney panty deal
Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2001C5
The confirmed date for the Memphis TCS race is April 29, 2007.

Hope to see everyone there!

thanks
My wifey was buggin me about Memphis, we will be there especially if Dishy-Wishy is gonna be there!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My wifey was buggin me about Memphis, we will be there especially if Dishy-Wishy is gonna be there!
Yes it is good news....Let me know if you need the skinny on the BBQ here in town, I consider myself quite the connoisseur especially when it comes to the best that Memphis has to offer on BBQ.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A one way on a 103? Doc you are pushing the envelope.
Yeah, you're probably right, Brad. Maybe I should just go for the center one-way and the aramid belts...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Oh this could go downhill real fast!!
Doc you're a madman
But I think it needs a swaybar or two

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.