Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Just wondering if Tamiya was planning to have more stops this year in the schedule.Can anyone confirm this? Does this make sense?
I use to manage a store and ran a race program that also has had a TCS Regional race for the last 4 years. I am now managing a new store that is requesting a Regional from Tamiya.Our track is a nice, permanent track facility{carpet and asphalt}that is directly connected to the new store and we run the only electric program in our area now.The last shop I worked at is no longer running a regular parking lot race program due to lack of interest by the local racers.
My dilema is that it has come to my attention that Tamiya maybe offering a Regional Date to 2 local shops.Has this ever been the case in another area? The 2 shops are in a 5 mile distance from each other.Would it even make sense for one or the other to accept the offer if another shop runs a date before the other?
Unfortunately for Tamiya,the original shop I used to work with which will remain nameless, was for the 1st 2 years it ran TCS, was very poorly run.The last 2 years it was ran,it was ran by an experienced race director and support crew and were quite successful. We had lots of Southern California/Arizona participation also.
Now that the same Race director and support Crew has moved to the our new shop, Does it make sense for Tamiya to offer the prior location a date especially since it no longer has a regular race program? What I am afraid of is that the original store will attempt to run a date,have very poor participation locally because the racers are not racing there anymore.And those out of towners that have been regulars for the last 3-4 years will travel here and be very disappointed.Thus in turn the New Location will have less participation for thier date because the 1st date was a disaster. Especially from the out of town regulars who I consider friends.
Again has anyone heard of having two TCS regional event so close together in Location before?
tell me when YOUR TCS race is going to be. the last 2 years ive attended YOUR RACE, they have been tons of fun. you and your crew run a top notch program. you have my support and im sure the rest of the Socal TCS'ers can and will say the same thing!

- chris

Last edited by Hebiki; 11-05-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
tell me when YOUR TCS race is going to be. the last 2 years ive attended YOUR RACE, they have been tons of fun. you and your crew run a top notch program. you have my support and im sure the rest of the Socal TCS'ers can and will say the same thing! :NOD:

- chris
I won't speak for all of us here in Seattle, but I know there was talk of some coming down last year, just didn't pan out. I'm interested, if the date is right.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
tell me when YOUR TCS race is going to be. the last 2 years ive attended YOUR RACE, they have been tons of fun. you and your crew run a top notch program. you have my support and im sure the rest of the Socal TCS'ers can and will say the same thing!

- chris
Yes, two more So Calers will say the same. Count CobroRa in to run your event in '07. Just try to get a date no later than June. Pleeeease......
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for your support guys. I appreciate it. BTW good luck in Jland Troy!

Hebiki,I will give you a call this week.Is your number still the same as the one you gave me?I need a favor.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Thanks for your support guys. I appreciate it. BTW good luck in Jland Troy!

Hebiki,I will give you a call this week.Is your number still the same as the one you gave me?I need a favor.
yup yup.. program is top notch. keep up the great work!

yessir.. still the same (actually hasnt changed in 7 years) but ive only known you for 3 years i believe. sent you a PM too.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Troy- When do you guys leave for Japan?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rccardr
Troy- When do you guys leave for Japan?
I fly to LAX on Tuesday, then to J land on Wednesday Morning.
Are you making a surprise appearence?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Ah. You heard about that?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Ah. You heard about that?
A little birdie told me!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

As much as I'd like to demonstrate my incredible PB skills for you, turns out it's not gonna happen Gotta be someplace else the same weekend...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

As much as I'd like to demonstrate my incredible PB skills for you, turns out it's not gonna happen Gotta be someplace else the same weekend...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

good luck on japan
sorry i don't have that part your looking for
and no luck on inserts
cya\
M.Masters
Old 11-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
good luck on japan
sorry i don't have that part your looking for
and no luck on inserts
cya\
M.Masters
Thanks Mike. No Problem I'm Running a sedan over there in J Land, NOW. Mini is only for Japanesse drivers.

What year is your Shelby?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is the race is next weekend? Will there be any coverage on RCTech or will we have to wait till you get back?

Good Luck in J-Land
Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by f1larry
Is the race is next weekend? Will there be any coverage on RCTech or will we have to wait till you get back?

Good Luck in J-Land
Not sure about coverage, seems like in years past we have had to wait till they got back. If i can get an internet connection there I will try to put on here what I know about the 3 of us from North America

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.