Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am in favor or releasing a partial schedule with an indication of future releases.

Seems like Tamiya does not feel the same way.

Many events, venues, schedules and vacations to work around.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree. A partial schedule is much better than none at all.

25,000 mile tickets are already GONE for Seattle, which means either blowing 50,000 miles or shelling out for an expensive ticket...plus hotel, plus rental car for the long weekend. The more time we have to get arrangements made (and deal with personal issues like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) the more likely it is that the out-of-town folks will be able to attend.

Like I said before...local guys, do your stuff!!! Get on your track owner and let us know when their TCS race weekends are being scheduled...at least Cincy and Milwaukee. Appreciate the help!

Later
Doc
Old 10-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DOC, I talked to Gary today and he said There are no race dates set in stone.
I would hold off right now on plane ticket right now.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C5R01
DOC, I talked to Gary today and he said There are no race dates set in stone.
I would hold off right now on plane ticket right now.
The problem with that is Gary does not set up or run the TCS series. Fred does, so you might call Fred to confirm that!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I think there would be a lot of interest in the F103gt because of its simplicity and price. It would definitely increase the size of that class. Since it's a rear wheel drive car where can we find set up tips? It would be very much like the old 10L's of the 1990''s. The difference being that back then we ran foams.
Hi MD,

JFM, or "The Scot" as he's known is setting up "forum" shop to help with set-up. Jim Fred has forgotten more about the F103 than I know. His help would be extensive but you must keep your mind open to his ideas. Head over to our site:
SLCF1 F103GT forums

We are going to have a blast with this chassis running a Porsche Challenge Cup series next year. Maybe we'll see you at a TCS event.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
The problem with that is Gary does not set up or run the TCS series. Fred does, so you might call Fred to confirm that!
If I am not mistaken, Gary works for Fred and if you look at the race confirmations that get sent to race entrants, they usually come from Gary. Fred is a great guy, but hes far from a one man show, meaning he has a great team in place to pull off all of these awsome events. I guess until we see an official posting on the Tamiya site, everything is tentative.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Sclf1,
Thanks for the information. I went to the forum and I found the information helpful. I hope to buy an f103gt in the future. I hope it's part of the TCS.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Its tentative because coordination needs to be worked out between Tamiya USA, hobby shop, and Japan.

I'm sure everyone can understand this and it isn't just simply finger pointing to dates on a calendar that sits on a desk.

Gary is the customer service supervisor and handles ALL TCS inquiries during the season so if anyone was to know, the customer service team would be one of the first.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
OK so I talked to fred today and he confirmed, and the same answer is No TCS dates are confirmed!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C5R01
OK so I talked to fred today and he confirmed, and the same answer is No TCS dates are confirmed!
Well that is odd he confirmed to the track owner the dates listed, and well many arangements have been started. Oh well.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last year when Hanover, PA dropped the ball on the TCS race there HobbytownUSA in Frederick, MD picked upo the ball and held it on the scheduled date. The Tamiya people were very pleased with the race and the way it was run, no problems or issues came up.

The Laurel, MD TCS race is the oldest running TCS race on the schedule and it has always been one of the best each year.

Rumors has it that Tamiya does not want 2 races in the same state ( MD ) and might drop one of the Maryland races. BTW Cal has 2 races and the finals but I guess thats OK.... And Hanover , PA is only 20 miles North of Frederick, MD

With only 1 race on the East coast it does not make sense to me to keep 2 extra cars and parts just for 1 race each year. If there is only 1 race on the east coast then I'll be selling ( 2 F201s, 2 Minis, 1 TL01 and 1 TT01) after the schedule is announced.

2 years ago I made 3 races Hanover, Atlanta and Laurel.
This year 2 Frederick and Laurel.
Next year maybe zippy....
Old 10-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

There are several of us that only have ONE TCS location within a reasonable driving distance (by reasonable I mean less than 4 hours), and for me that is Memphis. I was disappointed when Atlanta dropped out, because that was my 2nd TCS within the 4 hour window.

However, as a TCS supporter I still made the 8 hour drive to Cinci and flew to SoCal TWICE to get my TCS fix. I understand not everyone has the means to make multiple trips and/or fly across the country to play with toy cars. I am just trying to make a point that many of us are not fortunate enough to have multiple TCS venues close to our front door yet we still make the sacrifice to support the series.

In the end it is your decision and only your decision. I wish you the best at whatever you decide, and will miss you as a competitor should you decide to hang it up.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't think any TCS racers have "multiple" events within a close driving distance. The "two" races in California are Northern and Southern and are about 8 hours distance between the two. Hopefully a few more tracks or event hosts will step up to broaden the race exposure in the North and South East because the TCS series is hands down the best (and only) nationally factory supported series for drivers who race their product.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I have heard that the F103gt is part of the Canadian TCS. Has anyone else heard that?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think its funny to hear statements that sum up if Tamiya does not add another race in my area I am selling everything after the schedule is announced. Like that will effect anything, . . . get real.

Many tracks have a policy if you show up with 3 or more cars (some cases 2) you can create a new class. I would think if you were so into Tamiya racing you would have tried this instead of slamming Tamiya for not adding another race in your area. In my area I have talked to tracks about supporting a TCS race, TCS classes and helping those that buy Tamiyas.

Over the summer I was excited to run GT3 class (with a TCS legal car) that was open to any non-Tamiya chassis. In the winter I am hoping to run GT3, mini and maybe another class. I do plan on encouraging and trying to stimulate the "Tamiya" racing in my area by running in it.

I really don't like driving about 2 hours to Wis, 5 hours to Ohio, 5 hours to Detroit, 10 hours to Memphis, 11 hours to PA, 10 hours to Toronto or a 4 hour flight to Cali just for TCS hockey pucks. Each trip has been done multiple times (except Memphis) and try to make a little vacation out of it.

I enjoy the leveled playing field and trying to rise to the top in TCS racing.

Bottomline is if you want something to work, you have to get more involved in it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.