Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ooh ooh,which one? Was I in the infield, outside boards, front straight wall or ??? of course all at the start...I hope next year if we have it the driving is a little cleaner. I know Edgar was owned on more than one. I gave up and did not realise I was 1 point out of second. ended up tied for 3rd with the throwout it was 4th.

I figured Ontario was the better with Ian, and Chris for sure based out of Ontario.
We used to fly into Ontario with the Burien Toyota group and drive the 1hr over. The return drive was big humor trying to get finished up for the last few races. Then get throuh traffic and checked in. The year they changed from the old airport to the new airport was huge laughs. Imagine hauling ass to get to the airport to find all the lights turned off and noone there. A shuttle driver went by and said "It's closed now" not " "the new terminal is 2mi that way"....... I think that was Y2k when Rodney Clemente won.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Steve we are already talking about it ourselves. We have done it as a 2-day event the last 2 years with practice Saturday and TCS Sunday. We are right on the edge of having to have to go to 2-day with entries already. I know Doug is hoping with the Nats exposure and not being a "new" facility anymore that we can get entries in the 120-130 range with 100+ drivers. If that is the case we will have to go 2-day. I would plan on it to be a 2-day for now and we'll see when we get closer.
For those planning on the race even though it is 6mos out we also run a club race on Friday night for just that much more track time.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Difuser
Steve we are already talking about it ourselves. We have done it as a 2-day event the last 2 years with practice Saturday and TCS Sunday. We are right on the edge of having to have to go to 2-day with entries already. I know Doug is hoping with the Nats exposure and not being a "new" facility anymore that we can get entries in the 120-130 range with 100+ drivers. If that is the case we will have to go 2-day. I would plan on it to be a 2-day for now and we'll see when we get closer.
For those planning on the race even though it is 6mos out we also run a club race on Friday night for just that much more track time.
Dan,
I am going to get my F103GT together this fall / winter and do some serious testing with the sedan and Le Mans (Courage) type bodies. I was impressed with the exhibition race @ SIR with the F013GT's I would really like to see some of the top Tamiya drivers start running the car and sort it out ?
I believe this is the 'Car of Tomorrow' for Tamiya and the TCS Series. I can vision a large field of these cars running @ Tamiya and this car will be very cost effective for the weekend warrior to be competitve with. There needs to be some concrete rules and guidelines created for these cars so we can get on with it on the track. I still have all my F103 F1 Hop Up parts to trick out the car, the ALMS Courage Body could bring back the old 10th scale pan car crowd back to racing??
Steve.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like a vacation / roadtrip to me. Local race Friday, TCS Saturday / Sunday and fly back Monday. April is good for me. March would be better for the Postal side of CoBroRa. Something about being real busy right before April 15th ?

Gary, in uniform ? Like we really need more reasons for TSA to search us. The women doing the strip searches are NEVER like the ones on the video's !
Old 08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Sounds like a vacation / roadtrip to me. Local race Friday, TCS Saturday / Sunday and fly back Monday. April is good for me. March would be better for the Postal side of CoBroRa. Something about being real busy right before April 15th ?

Gary, in uniform ? Like we really need more reasons for TSA to search us. The women doing the strip searches are NEVER like the ones on the video's !
Come one TCS Racers come all!!

With any luck (luck is on our side ) Mid March for the Seattle TCS race, And with luck again ( ) It WILL be a 2 day event.
Oh and we WILL have Mr. Medel here this year! Should Have atleast 3 past champs here, and a couple TRF drivers to support!

Lets make this one of the Biggest TCS races of 2007
Old 08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Hey Kevin, what about those shirts?? do you still need / want them??
Old 08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Come one TCS Racers come all!!

With any luck (luck is on our side ) Mid March for the Seattle TCS race, And with luck again ( ) It WILL be a 2 day event.
Oh and we WILL have Mr. Medel here this year! Should Have atleast 3 past champs here, and a couple TRF drivers to support!

Lets make this one of the Biggest TCS races of 2007
"Dead on", my brother. It's a lock for me to get the second and third weeks in March for vacation. I'll see if I can coax any of the Royal Rumble guys up there too.

Troy, been kinda busy with my MRE as of late. Trying to get it build so I can run it out at Tamiya this Saturday (if they are open). I'll get back to you on those SIR T-shirts and something else I'm looking for too.

Anyone know if the Tamiya HQ track will be open this Saturday (9/02)???

TC
Old 08-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr_postman
"I'll see if I can coax any of the Royal Rumble guys up there too.TC
Last year CB and I talked about going to Washington to run with Burien. I would be interested in going if we could get a few of guys to go on a road trip. Maybe rent a van? We can talk about it when we get together at the next club race. Of course I'll have to check with the Cub Scout calendar to make sure we are not having a big event that month. (my last year as cub master )
Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Word in from Mr. Fred Medel of Tamiya USA. S.I.R. will have the 2007 N.W. TCS Regional Race on March 17th & 18th. Make your plans to attend. This will be a 2 day event.

On a TCS National note Mr. Doug Papka will once again be your race announcer for the North American Finals in August of 2007.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rchoudini
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Word in from Mr. Fred Medel of Tamiya USA. S.I.R. will have the 2007 N.W. TCS Regional Race on March 17th & 18th. Make your plans to attend. This will be a 2 day event.

On a TCS National note Mr. Doug Papka will once again be your race announcer for the North American Finals in August of 2007.
doug... thats awesome! thanks for the scheduling fred. now i know what to ask for as a birthday present.

1 non-stop roundtrip plane ticket to seattle please.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Terence - Get with me before you PM Troy so we can put them together...
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Am I the only one who would prefer to keep TCS races to 1 day, and maintain Saturday for Practice? If anything, this makes it more difficult for me to attend. Now I'd need to fly out there Thursday Night instead of Friday, that would be another night I'd have to have someone watch my dog or board him, an extra day in a hotel and with a rental car and such. Yeah, 2 day races are cool, but it kinda undermines how the series was setup to begin with...parking lot racing.

But then again, so does allowing sponsored drivers to compete in TCS. NOT a dig at any particular person in that comment, fyi, so don't jump up my bunghole for it.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gary,
I kind of agree, but I have to admit getting out of Scottys at 5:30 and being home before midnight was really nice. And with the number of entries , it almost backs you into a 2 day event. I dont like the added expenses either but it does beat being a zombie on monday after a race. I remember when they used to limit entries to 100 total. Back in the good old days.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Gary I think it also has to do with the amount of entries. Look at the Aliso regional for that one. We are indoor so that takes some of it out of the equation. From a practice side the Hicks flew in Friday mid-day to PM and I think got a pack on the track and pits set-up.Practice on Saturday and raced Sunday. If the schedule goes 2-day then we would prolly look at quals starting around noon-1 so that people would get plenty of practice Sat AM still be done at a decent time for a bit of PM practice. Run A's on Sunday starting around 10-11 again giving about 3hrs practice. We open SIR at 7 on TCS weekend so that people can get practice and relax before all the stress starts .
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with the reason behind it is the amount of entries, and for some races it makes sense to do 2 days. Aliso and Trackside make sense just from the standpoint that they CONSISTENTLY have over 150 entrants and at least 20 heats. It just seems like instead of doing 2 day races, perhaps we need to add more races to the schedule perhaps? That might thin the heard a bit at these races. I am also just afraid that EVERY Regional is going to become a 2-day event. Frankly, I don't want to put that much time, money, or effort into this anymore. I dunno, maybe I've just been in the hobby too long, but I see the TCS series becoming more cuthroat at a local level and don't like it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.