Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
anyone remember that scoreboard Tamiya used to bring out and it posted the top 3 drivers? whatever happened to that scoreboard?

The scoreboard we have worked with our old computer and the B&B scoring software. RC Scoring Pro doesn't support my scoreboard and I have a new computer. Though, it might be possible for Doug to make it work if I gave him the specs. I don't know. I'll have to bug him about it. I would really like a scoreboard that counted the top ten, but that's BUKO dinero. Someday.

As far as a new qualifying format goes I still need to do alot of deep thinking and trial and error testing to make sure I don't over complicate the series. I know IFMAR is fair, but you all must admit it's not very exciting and how many times do you guys really like to hear me say "Katzer" the leader is on you! I always feel bad, neglectful and like something is missing when the mid and rear pack doesn't know where they're at. Every time I announce I try to be better and announce those things that are releavant and important to the racers on the track. At the same Time I also want to keep the crowd into it. Have you guys noticed that when the mains come no matter what main it is you guys support your buddies. That's cool. Why should we wat till the mains to cheer our friends or loved ones on? I also want to try a two announcer system. Doug and I played around with that during some of the races.

Yes, I used to take the TCS laptop to all the races along with the transponders. I stopped doing that years ago because of all the wear and tear. Even if I wanted to do that now. Can you imagine me trying to get Transponders on a plane these days? I think not
I missed the best 2 out of 3 races. Brings heads up back Fred.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Seriously if you want to come out let me know between Kevin, Troy and I we can find you some lodging. Lim already takes us up on the mooch....
Hey, don't give out all the space already. Hebiki just about has all of CoBroRa (yes all two of us) talked into coming up with him in '07. Three moochers for the price of one.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yeah, hopefully Fred and Co. can spread those two events out. I already know that two weekends in row are out of the question for me next year. Two big races close together might even be tough, but at least Cinci is only really a day and a half, I could leave around 8 or 9 on Saturday and be home at a reasonable hour on Sunday. Scottys is going to take some work.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C5R01
I missed the best 2 out of 3 races. Brings heads up back Fred.
Hey look Johnny Cochranes back
Wheres the knit cap
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hey, don't give out all the space already. Hebiki just about has all of CoBroRa (yes all two of us) talked into coming up with him in '07. Three moochers for the price of one.
Thats ok, I have a couch, Kevin has 2 beds, and 2 extra couches, Dan has an extra couch.
We should be able to take care of a couple people with out issues.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Dude, did you forget? you're "Retired" now. You won't be going no-where unless it's ok with your soon to be wife!
burgermaster will take me out of retirement in a blink of an eye.

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Thats ok, I have a couch, Kevin has 2 beds, and 2 extra couches, Dan has an extra couch.
We should be able to take care of a couple people with out issues.
hey hey hey.... waaaait a minute. that couch in front of the Big Screen HDTV is MINE!

check into Hotel Du Michellich.. or Casa De Garber... but Crabtree Extended Stay Suites is all booked.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
burgermaster will take me out of retirement in a blink of an eye.

hey hey hey.... waaaait a minute. that couch in front of the Big Screen HDTV is MINE!

check into Hotel Du Michellich.. or Casa De Garber... but Crabtree Extended Stay Suites is all booked.

Sounds like he doesn't want anyone getting in the way of his and Troy's "Personal Time"
Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Good thing my sister lives close to SIR... I don't want to see fellow r/c racers running around half naked... (Chris... when are we going to start practicing for SIR? Is it too early? )
Old 08-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
try not to fly Delta. they have a stop over in Utah. no direct flights into seattle.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fly Alaska they have a direct from Ontario and it is about $20-60 cheaper than John Wayne.

Now worries on room even the garage is carpeted gotta keep the MINI nice and happy. It keeps the KTM and Kawi happy,there is a menage a trois in the garage every night. Now if I could figure out how to get that to happen in the bedroom.....
Old 08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Fly out of Long Beach, it is easy as well.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fly Alaska they have a direct from Ontario and it is about $20-60 cheaper than John Wayne.
Thanks for the tip Dan. Ontario is the closet airport to where Terence and I are so that would be the ticket for us. Also closer for Hebiki's new digs. I have flown Alaska before and no complaints. Just think, three guys getting on the same flight with chargers and radios in their carry on baggage. One Filipino, one Postal worker, and one white guy with dark glasses and a moustache. If they question us, we will just scream "Racial Profiling". That should get us through.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

But to make it truly funny, the Postal worker has to go IN UNIFORM! And when questioned, point to the patch on the shoulder and just say something to the effect of "Can't you tell I'm....on duty? You're impeading....offical...... government business" in your best Christopher Walken or William Schatner impression
Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

I got the past champion race burned on a CD. Can anyone compress it even more and host the video (currently 88mb)? I'll send them the CD.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

We have even higher bite with less wear......and kerbs. I can guarantee more frequent flyer miles if you get it wrong though....
Bruce and I will be making SIR a yearly event, my brother lives near by and we had a great time last April. The track is awesome and Doug and the guys keep well stocked Tamiya Shop at the track. I bought my F103GT there for a great price and they have open practice late the night before the race and you get to watch the F1 races on SPEED and BURGERMASTER is about even with IN & OUT. All the crew there are very friendly and you don't have to worry about the changing weather conditions.
Dan, how about talking Fred into a 2 day event in 2007?? I know it would be a great venue!!!!
Steve.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.