Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's cheaper for me to go to Memphis than Trackside. 1 night in a hotel vs 2-3 to go to trackside, more batteries, more tires, longer time at the track...It's a great race, don't get me wrong, but I really don't plan on running there. I don't even know if I'll do the Novak Race next year. All depends on how the big D winds up
Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I don't think I am going to do Trackside next year, and I know I won't go to Cinci again. For me, I will do Memphis again, and perhaps SIR or Laurel. It doesn't make sence for me to run Trackside anymore.
If you win the Nats you will have wished you had ran on carpet for Japan. . .

Instead waiting for BPShadow knock you into the wall at Aliso might be a better alternative. . .

Just hide all your RC stuff in your Swiss bank account until the D settles....
Old 08-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

It's a mighty big IF there Jeff, one I came to accept last year has passed me by.

She doesn't want any of the RC Stuff, I am just disputing some financial things that, well, right now leaves me pretty strapped.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A-Ko
If you win the Nats you will have wished you had ran on carpet for Japan. . .

Instead waiting for BPShadow knock you into the wall at Aliso might be a better alternative. . .

Just hide all your RC stuff in your Swiss bank account until the D settles....
Remember that Trackside's carpet isn't really a useful tool to get ready for Worlds. Japan has new carpet every year, And no compounds. Oh and they run the track backwards between quals, and Finals, so is changes alot.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Come on out Gary we'll put you up at Casa du Michellich, works for the Canadians. You should be pretty safe there are no McMenamins out here for burgers....
Seriously if you want to come out let me know between Kevin, Troy and I we can find you some lodging. Lim already takes us up on the mooch....
Old 08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jeff you know me better than to think that I would put anyone in the wall on purpose. If I didnt turn you to win the GT1 B at Trackside 3 years ago(and I could have) then it aint going to happen.
Gary sorry to hear things are rough, I could tell you some hellish tales about people I know. That whole deal is never pretty. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll be tradin paint in Aliso next August.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Jeff you know me better than to think that I would put anyone in the wall on purpose. If I didnt turn you to win the GT1 B at Trackside 3 years ago(and I could have) then it aint going to happen.
Gary sorry to hear things are rough, I could tell you some hellish tales about people I know. That whole deal is never pretty. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll be tradin paint in Aliso next August.
Well with all the verbal hacking going on in the previous posts I just had to add to it. Although if you have your sights on Japan I would want to be well rounded on Carpet as well as pavement. Aliso pavement does not really compare to anything else I have been on. I bet SIR comes close though. . .

Maybe next year we will be able to wage a proper battle in GT3 instead of technical woes that fell on me. . .
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

We have even higher bite with less wear......and kerbs. I can guarantee more frequent flyer miles if you get it wrong though....
Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

I want to run SIR next year, it's just a matter of fundage
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah I guess luck probably played to my advantage in gettin on the podium at Scottys this year. I literally pulled the car out of the box and ran it, no test time whatsoever. Quite a testament to how good the 05 chassis is. I think I can find more speed though, the dyno showed that the motors were makin pretty good power, so its possible that I could have been breaking traction. I tend to believe that as much power as I thought I had, first and second had more
Old 08-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Difuser
We have even higher bite with less wear......and kerbs. I can guarantee more frequent flyer miles if you get it wrong though....
Yes SIR I mean No SIR. . .
I need to figure out a stowaway option. . .
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Come on out Gary we'll put you up at Casa du Michellich, works for the Canadians. You should be pretty safe there are no McMenamins out here for burgers....
Seriously if you want to come out let me know between Kevin, Troy and I we can find you some lodging. Lim already takes us up on the mooch....
leave the door open, you know im gonna walk right in! man i think im gonna remove the PLASMA screen from your guest bedroom for next year. imma give you the regular TV.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

2p
Old 08-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Yeah I guess luck probably played to my advantage in gettin on the podium at Scottys this year. I literally pulled the car out of the box and ran it, no test time whatsoever. Quite a testament to how good the 05 chassis is. I think I can find more speed though, the dyno showed that the motors were makin pretty good power, so its possible that I could have been breaking traction. I tend to believe that as much power as I thought I had, first and second had more
Cinci and Trackside were my 1st and 2nd races with the 05. I did get out a few times to practice but the car is impressive virtually bone stock. I just hated the back-to-back weekend thing!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
leave the door open, you know im gonna walk right in! man i think im gonna remove the PLASMA screen from your guest bedroom for next year. imma give you the regular TV.
Dude, did you forget? you're "Retired" now. You won't be going no-where unless it's ok with your soon to be wife!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.