Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
  #4006  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

It's cheaper for me to go to Memphis than Trackside. 1 night in a hotel vs 2-3 to go to trackside, more batteries, more tires, longer time at the track...It's a great race, don't get me wrong, but I really don't plan on running there. I don't even know if I'll do the Novak Race next year. All depends on how the big D winds up
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
  #4007  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I don't think I am going to do Trackside next year, and I know I won't go to Cinci again. For me, I will do Memphis again, and perhaps SIR or Laurel. It doesn't make sence for me to run Trackside anymore.
If you win the Nats you will have wished you had ran on carpet for Japan. . .

Instead waiting for BPShadow knock you into the wall at Aliso might be a better alternative. . .

Just hide all your RC stuff in your Swiss bank account until the D settles....
A-Ko is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 06:40 PM
  #4008  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

It's a mighty big IF there Jeff, one I came to accept last year has passed me by.

She doesn't want any of the RC Stuff, I am just disputing some financial things that, well, right now leaves me pretty strapped.
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 06:56 PM
  #4009  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by A-Ko
If you win the Nats you will have wished you had ran on carpet for Japan. . .

Instead waiting for BPShadow knock you into the wall at Aliso might be a better alternative. . .

Just hide all your RC stuff in your Swiss bank account until the D settles....
Remember that Trackside's carpet isn't really a useful tool to get ready for Worlds. Japan has new carpet every year, And no compounds. Oh and they run the track backwards between quals, and Finals, so is changes alot.
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
  #4010  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Come on out Gary we'll put you up at Casa du Michellich, works for the Canadians. You should be pretty safe there are no McMenamins out here for burgers....
Seriously if you want to come out let me know between Kevin, Troy and I we can find you some lodging. Lim already takes us up on the mooch....
Difuser is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
  #4011  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Jeff you know me better than to think that I would put anyone in the wall on purpose. If I didnt turn you to win the GT1 B at Trackside 3 years ago(and I could have) then it aint going to happen.
Gary sorry to hear things are rough, I could tell you some hellish tales about people I know. That whole deal is never pretty. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll be tradin paint in Aliso next August.
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
  #4012  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Jeff you know me better than to think that I would put anyone in the wall on purpose. If I didnt turn you to win the GT1 B at Trackside 3 years ago(and I could have) then it aint going to happen.
Gary sorry to hear things are rough, I could tell you some hellish tales about people I know. That whole deal is never pretty. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll be tradin paint in Aliso next August.
Well with all the verbal hacking going on in the previous posts I just had to add to it. Although if you have your sights on Japan I would want to be well rounded on Carpet as well as pavement. Aliso pavement does not really compare to anything else I have been on. I bet SIR comes close though. . .

Maybe next year we will be able to wage a proper battle in GT3 instead of technical woes that fell on me. . .
A-Ko is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
  #4013  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We have even higher bite with less wear......and kerbs. I can guarantee more frequent flyer miles if you get it wrong though....
Difuser is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM
  #4014  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I want to run SIR next year, it's just a matter of fundage
RCGaryK is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
  #4015  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I guess luck probably played to my advantage in gettin on the podium at Scottys this year. I literally pulled the car out of the box and ran it, no test time whatsoever. Quite a testament to how good the 05 chassis is. I think I can find more speed though, the dyno showed that the motors were makin pretty good power, so its possible that I could have been breaking traction. I tend to believe that as much power as I thought I had, first and second had more
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:44 PM
  #4016  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Difuser
We have even higher bite with less wear......and kerbs. I can guarantee more frequent flyer miles if you get it wrong though....
Yes SIR I mean No SIR. . .
I need to figure out a stowaway option. . .
A-Ko is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 PM
  #4017  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Difuser
Come on out Gary we'll put you up at Casa du Michellich, works for the Canadians. You should be pretty safe there are no McMenamins out here for burgers....
Seriously if you want to come out let me know between Kevin, Troy and I we can find you some lodging. Lim already takes us up on the mooch....
leave the door open, you know im gonna walk right in! man i think im gonna remove the PLASMA screen from your guest bedroom for next year. imma give you the regular TV.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
  #4018  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

2p
A-Ko is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:55 PM
  #4019  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Yeah I guess luck probably played to my advantage in gettin on the podium at Scottys this year. I literally pulled the car out of the box and ran it, no test time whatsoever. Quite a testament to how good the 05 chassis is. I think I can find more speed though, the dyno showed that the motors were makin pretty good power, so its possible that I could have been breaking traction. I tend to believe that as much power as I thought I had, first and second had more
Cinci and Trackside were my 1st and 2nd races with the 05. I did get out a few times to practice but the car is impressive virtually bone stock. I just hated the back-to-back weekend thing!
A-Ko is offline  
Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
  #4020  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
leave the door open, you know im gonna walk right in! man i think im gonna remove the PLASMA screen from your guest bedroom for next year. imma give you the regular TV.
Dude, did you forget? you're "Retired" now. You won't be going no-where unless it's ok with your soon to be wife!
RCGaryK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.