Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Aren't the Nats allready "A" main drivers with a few walkups? I know that participating in a TCS regional lets you become a walkup, but how many are there?

With the closest other TCS 1,000 miles away its not easy to travel to.
Here in Seattle we also have Canadian drivers that are not eligable for our TCS qual, 2 in GT1 main alone. One poor finish could drop you way down the list.
The Tamiya class is not very large and only at one track here in the NW.
The GT3 class was up until right before the TCS open chassis and tires, same with GT1&2.
Onother option is to do a Pre-qual qualifier, most if not all people show up on Fri, have one round qual at the end of the day to set the sort for Sat.
Fred Forg
Not all Nats drivers are A-main drivers. Usually A-B main are "A main" capable drivers. C main may have some stragglers who are "A main" types. Below C you run into "B main" and lower drivers.

I sometimes have friends who come with me who have raced the Nats that are no where near "A main" drivers. Although I still root for and challenge them to make the A.

Usually they tease us about a last chance qualifyer on Friday. It could be cool to have 1 round where the Sat round 1 & 2 presort get to race together. Although Friday it did seem lighter than usual to allow this to happen.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thats the great thing about the Nats, everyone racing there is a winner!
With the great announcing by Scotty in the past and now Doug, every race is just as important as the A mains, the support from drivers given to the lower mains is a great show of sportsmanship for all.
Maybe its time to make it a 3 day event of quals and racing and still keep the open practice days going too.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone remember that scoreboard Tamiya used to bring out and it posted the top 3 drivers? whatever happened to that scoreboard?

The scoreboard we have worked with our old computer and the B&B scoring software. RC Scoring Pro doesn't support my scoreboard and I have a new computer. Though, it might be possible for Doug to make it work if I gave him the specs. I don't know. I'll have to bug him about it. I would really like a scoreboard that counted the top ten, but that's BUKO dinero. Someday.

As far as a new qualifying format goes I still need to do alot of deep thinking and trial and error testing to make sure I don't over complicate the series. I know IFMAR is fair, but you all must admit it's not very exciting and how many times do you guys really like to hear me say "Katzer" the leader is on you! I always feel bad, neglectful and like something is missing when the mid and rear pack doesn't know where they're at. Every time I announce I try to be better and announce those things that are releavant and important to the racers on the track. At the same Time I also want to keep the crowd into it. Have you guys noticed that when the mains come no matter what main it is you guys support your buddies. That's cool. Why should we wat till the mains to cheer our friends or loved ones on? I also want to try a two announcer system. Doug and I played around with that during some of the races.

Yes, I used to take the TCS laptop to all the races along with the transponders. I stopped doing that years ago because of all the wear and tear. Even if I wanted to do that now. Can you imagine me trying to get Transponders on a plane these days? I think not
Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default questions on upcomming races

Hey Fred, Mark Rodney here. Well I couldn't make it out to the nats this year but maybe next year. Anyway the little frogs looked pretty cool. My question is next season at wisconsin will you have another mini off road class since scotty has the offroad track, or will it continue to be rally, I just thought that might be a fun second class, and different for tcs events for tracks that can support it.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
how many times do you guys really like to hear me say "Katzer" the leader is on you!
2 things Fred...

First of all, I get out of the way and talk to guys on the stand well ahead of time....

Plus...

I actually did win a quafier and a Main this year so there :P
Old 08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
2 things Fred...

First of all, I get out of the way and talk to guys on the stand well ahead of time....

Plus...

I actually did win a quafier and a Main this year so there :P
Look out someones sensitive, I guess it would be the wrong time to suggest the use of RP30's
Old 08-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Palmer, I am soooo putting you in the wall the next time we run together. Wait, you don't come to the Nats anymore so I guess it'll never happen
Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by mrodney
Hey Fred, Mark Rodney here. Well I couldn't make it out to the nats this year but maybe next year. Anyway the little frogs looked pretty cool. My question is next season at wisconsin will you have another mini off road class since scotty has the offroad track, or will it continue to be rally, I just thought that might be a fun second class, and different for tcs events for tracks that can support it.
Talking with Fred at Nats - he said that the frogs would definitely be a class at Trackside since Scooty has the indoor offroad track. I'm going to take the one I won and try it out tonight - this year I can run 3 classes again!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Dave, I e-mailed you some photos this morning.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FMW
Can you imagine me trying to get Transponders on a plane these days? I think not
Fred, it's not that bad. I carried on board two much more chargers, a much more motor checker, power supply and Pit bull - looked like spaghetti there were so many wires. San Diego and Kansas City both inspected it, a couple of times by hand, but no problems. Pack the instructions along with them - they like that.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Dave, I e-mailed you some photos this morning.
Just in time to include in my home made DVD of the three mini a mains. Thanks, I'll get to see them tonight.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Never say never. Besides, youve been to TA enough to know that theres no walls. Theres always Cinci or Scottys, Ill be at both of those events. Bring it beeeoooottttccccchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(jk) Man everyones on edge these days, cant anyone take a joke? I know I picked on hicky a couple of posts ago, but in true F1 form, what if you did knockout qualifying? after first round bottom ten make up the bottom main. It probably wouldnt fly with alot of people, plus I would probably get screwed by my own system anyways
Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

That's actually the premise behind my idea for qualifying. I just don't think you can get away with the "Knockout" format is all.

I don't think I am going to do Trackside next year, and I know I won't go to Cinci again. For me, I will do Memphis again, and perhaps SIR or Laurel. It doesn't make sence for me to run Trackside anymore. The other three I listed are at least on asphalt which could help setup wise for Nats. Carpet doesn't do me any good. Plus, between now and then, I'll be going off road racing anyways since the closest indoor on-road track is nearly 2 hours away, while I can drive 45 minutes to be at the off road track.

Oh, and there are walls at TA...the front of the driver's stand off the curbing by the pit road, in the sweeper, the back straight, the wall in the back left corner....trust me, there are plenty of places I could put you into the wall at TA
Old 08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

""Katzer" the leader is on you!"
Has such a nice ring to it, just kinda rolls off your tounge.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Common Gary, Trackside should be on your schedule for next year. you can race your fox/hornet/frog if nothing else, but you always like GT3

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.