Keith Yu - 350z
Mike Steele - 350z
Kevin Smith - Skyline R34
Steve Wang - Lexus SC-1
Me - Lexus SC-1
Jeff Kuney - Porsche
Albert J. - Skyline R34
Gary Katzer - Corvette
James Arluck - Old Skyline (im not sure?)
Tony Tam - Porsche
Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Keith Yu - 350z
Mike Steele - 350z
Kevin Smith - Skyline R34
Steve Wang - Lexus SC-1
Me - Lexus SC-1
Jeff Kuney - Porsche
Albert J. - Skyline R34
Gary Katzer - Corvette
James Arluck - Old Skyline (im not sure?)
Tony Tam - Porsche
I ran the Skyline GT-R2001(Lightweight)

-James
Old 08-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulations to all the winners and participants at this years TCS. All of you deserve around of applause for your efforts.Thanks Fred , Tom, Phil , Larry , Gary, and Brian for running a spot on event.
I'd like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to Dan Garber for his help. Words cannot express how greatful I'am that he took the time to work with us. He explained and shared his wealth of knowledge so freely. I wish there were more factory drivers like him. His advise paid off . Unfortunately a little too late but none the less I' m still thankful.
To all the guys from Seattle Troy and company, What can I say but thanks as well for your help and support. You guys are a class act It was a pleasure having met all of you.
Thanks to Chris for the parts he loaned us and for recommending that I speak with Dan. Congrats Timmy on making the A main. Keep up the good work and you'll see it will pay off soon.Arthur thanks for the batteries, I owe you one. Congratulations as well to all the rest of the team, Kevin for taking 1st and Igor for his 2nd in the Mini C Main. To A.J. our newest member for his win in the D main Gt-1.considering this is only his second race and first national.
What else can I say it was great seeing old friends and making new ones. This is what makes the TCS such a special series. I hope to be able to compete for many years to come. Where else can a guy and his son get into a photo shoot then become throughly embarassed and walk away and be able to talk about it. Priceless
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Keith, if you know who did this, you need to tell Fred and this person needs to be BANNED from TCS. There is a president where this has been done once before when one racer nearly started a fight in the pits in either 1999 or 2000. Call the person out, there's no place for this in any series, and particularially not in TCS....
Actually that is on the verge of a police report. . .
If people cannot control their emotions in this series they have no reason racing it. In the heat of battle sure you don't want to ruin the racing by making a report but when a hard steel projectile is involved, I would have reported it to Fred promptly. Fred probabaly would have halted the racing to get rid of this guy!

If it happened to me the guy would have wished he sat on an exploding chair like I did. . .

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
And I guess no-one else wants to compare gearing notes...oh well...
Round 1 35/90
Felt flat down straights if I wasn't hacked and spun out 2x would have been slow 18laps. Just missed 18

Round 2 37/90
felt faster but not impressed with the speed had slow 18laps (my only 18 lapper)

Round 3 39/90
felt pretty good but spun on 1st lap and needed safer barriers on 2nd lap & broke.

Round 4 41/85
didn't feel bad except when someone turned on their radio and I went headon into the wall. would have been mid 18laps

B-Main 39/85
Felt flat, probably because of batteries sitting forever waiting to race.
Might have had the B but Steve and I tangled going for realistate that was not there.

Looking back at it.
I only used my race motors starting Saturday morning. I missed my practice arriving late and getting into the wrong line. I would have seen the Round 1 gearing was too low and would have stepped it up if I made practice. At the rate I was going I probably would have backed into the A (might have been a 4th or 5th place car unless I got it a little faster). Was trying to work with the motors RPM that I found but they seem to be same-ole mabuchi type power.

All week I only played with motors, gearing and tires. I used the same car setup from 2 years ago I had on my GT1/EVOIII/Ferrari, funny thing is I did not have to change anything (only bearing and shock oil maintenance). I even found more steering. I think the car and driver were dialed, the batteries not too bad, motors just needed a little speed. I will blame that on my engine shop. . .

Last edited by A-Ko; 08-23-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Leester
what's going on? who's fast in which class today? Anybody like to share?
Hey Lee

How's it going. We missed you again this year at the Nats. Let us know what s going on. Take care

Alex/Christian.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Keith,

Congrats on your win. After your explanation on the driverstand about how you have to win the Canadian regionals, then the nationals to then qualify for the North American National, and then to win the North American National, sounds like you certainly deserve the win

Gary,

I'll share notes with you

5.48 all weekend tried something a bit hotter (5.31) and roasted that motor...also, I think throttle profile played a big part with the motor durability (throttle profile meaning for those with KO speedos) as I was able to revive and save the other two motors with the help of some profile adjustments.

For those that are curious, the Lexus body is a pretty good choice for GT-2, especially when the bite picked up throughout the weekend. It was a bit edgy during the mid saturday (hottest part of the day) round of qualifying, but by Sunday the body was working very good due to more bite on the track. I hope Tamiya have plans for a light weight version of that body

Congrats to all the winners

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 08-24-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
...also, I think throttle profile played a big part with the motor durability (throttle profile meaning for those with KO speedos) as I was able to revive and save the other two motors with the help of some profile adjustments.
So Steve, if I buy a KO from you, does that profile come with it ?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
So Steve, if I buy a KO from you, does that profile come with it ?
Sure, no secrets here

Steve Wang
Old 08-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just FYI in case this goes any farther...I believe I know where at least one of those tossed motors are and what the number is on the can...
Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

this is very serious.
there is no need for this behavior anywhere.

I will email fred.

Wayne Nagata
Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

If someone knows the number on the motor, it should be reported to Fred immediately.

As for people not liking the closed endbell sport tuned motors in GT2, I believe its setup that way because that's what they will be running in Japan for the International competition. The main thing is to ready the racers here as closely to what they'll face afterwards.

The thing I like most about the black-can handouts is that there is only so much you can do with the motor. Its somewhat of a limitation on how much you can cheat, tune, whatever you call it to juice out the motor in comparison to an open bell motor.

All in all, its designed to be good clean fun.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default GT1 A1 Video

Does anyone know if the first A-main of GT1 was caught on tape????? please post here so we can relive/enjoy the finish again. thanks!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

I only have the past champs and tamtechs on film, sorry.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would have but my race was right after them so no time.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larrio
I only have the past champs and tamtechs on film, sorry.

I'd like to see the past champs race......my car was on it's roof more than on it's wheels....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.