Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crunchracer
this day seems SOOOOOOO LOOOOONG
for you guys that are waiting to come down, yes for us people who live here... no
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by hpipro321
for you guys that are waiting to come down, yes for us people who live here... no
Sure RUB IT IN

YHPM
Old 08-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The Alabama gang (all two of us) will be flying in Thursday morning. I plan to swing by the track when my flight arrives after lunch. Anyone know when/if we'll be able to reserve pit spaces?

Hey Hickmans.....Where's dinner Thursday? I'm batch'ing it all weekend this time around.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
The Alabama gang (all two of us) will be flying in Thursday morning. I plan to swing by the track when my flight arrives after lunch. Anyone know when/if we'll be able to reserve pit spaces?

Hey Hickmans.....Where's dinner Thursday? I'm batch'ing it all weekend this time around.
Bill,
Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are going to hit IN & OUT Burger on the way to SpeedTech on Thurs. Nite. Steve said that he will be open til 10pm on Thurs. so we wanted to see is new shop and stock up the Hickman 18 wheeler Parts Dept. This will be after our 1st full day of practice that day. If you would like to tag along that would be fine?

Steve.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Can anybody give a report on the 1st offical day of practice for Tamiya Speedweek? who's the fastest in GT2, GT1, Mini??? did anybody scatter the Black Can Motor all over the straightaway?? or anybody catch on fire? or put there car back into the kit form today???? come on guys give us poor guys back her in the east sitting at our computers in our underware something to read about.
Don't we need a "Pit Reporter" like Peter Windsor roaming the pit lane????
I hear there are some real issues with the "Black Can Motors" going the full 5 min. full tilt boggey in GT2 and Mini??
See ya, on Thursday and Friday!!!
Steve.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve-
Chatted with Kevin M for a while this afternoon. He said it was beautiful, balmy and there were about 18 people at the track today. True story on the broken radio and chassis: Kevin and Troy shared some luggage, and the radio and MSX were in the carry on. When they got off the plane and went down to the rental car shuttle, they saw the bus for their rental company and thought the driver was going to stop for them. They...misjudged and when they pulled the luggage cart up short the carry on bounced off and...under the wheels of the shuttle, which ran over it, thereby smooshing the radio and MSX chassis. Too bad.

Don't know why KATZER has not returned my voicemails, but am sure he will have lots of good stuff to relay when he finally remembers his good buddies back East.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Bill,
Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are going to hit IN & OUT Burger on the way to SpeedTech on Thurs. Steve.
FYI, there's an In-N-Out Burger two blocks from SpeedTech May I also suggest you order a "4x4 animal style" not on the menu but they'll whip one up for ya
Old 08-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Official entries as of Tuesday 15-August-06

GT-1 leads the way with 48
GT-2 a close second with 45
Mini in third but no less the competitive level with 26
Tamtech Stock - 14
Past Chumps (even without M Crisp) - 12
Tamtech's on steroids class - 7
F201 - a whopping 4. Gee, only one person will not go home with a medal.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Bill,
Bruce and I and Mr. Hinkley are going to hit IN & OUT Burger on the way to SpeedTech on Thurs. Nite. Steve said that he will be open til 10pm on Thurs. so we wanted to see is new shop and stock up the Hickman 18 wheeler Parts Dept. This will be after our 1st full day of practice that day. If you would like to tag along that would be fine?

Steve.

Sounds like a plan. I'd like to check out Steve's shop as well and see where all my Paypal funds have been going.

I'll be pulling in to visit the track around 2:00pm Thursday and will hunt the Hickman Hauler down in the back lot.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Day 1 of Speedweek!

Can anybody give a report on the 1st offical day of practice for Tamiya Speedweek? who's the fastest in GT2, GT1, Mini??? did anybody scatter the Black Can Motor all over the straightaway?? or anybody catch on fire? or put there car back into the kit form today???? come on guys give us poor guys back her in the east sitting at our computers in our underware something to read about.
Don't we need a "Pit Reporter" like Peter Windsor roaming the pit lane????
I hear there are some real issues with the "Black Can Motors" going the full 5 min. full tilt boggey in GT2 and Mini??
See ya, on Thursday and Friday!!!
Steve.
Great day for practice today. The weather was perfect!
Quite a few mini's out there. A couple of past champs were practicing and a fair amount of GT-1's. Right now it seems the boys from Wisconsin are tearing up the track with the mini's and Gt-1's.
Not too many of slow and go black cans out there today! I'm sure there will be more tomorrow.
Troy C. was the first to become a victim of the dreaded exploding chair. I'm sure more on the way!! heheheh
"Of coarse", I have to say my 14 year old son looked the fastest out there, but there was somebody with an old "414M" out there from up north who looked like a he was as fast as a brushless but it was just a 23 turn RR! Dammm!
Oh yeah, there was a lot of offroad frogs kicking up smoke on the dirt today.
If I had one I'd be out there also!
That's about it for today!
More on Speedweek tomorrow!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by minicooper
FYI, there's an In-N-Out Burger two blocks from SpeedTech May I also suggest you order a "4x4 animal style" not on the menu but they'll whip one up for ya
I know exactly were that IN & OUT is located just off 60, we stop there when ever we go to Speedtech. Will have to try the 4x4 animal! Hey I wonder if we can get IN & OUT to set up a trailer @ the Nats this week, I'm sure they would do a lot of business that weekend. Boy that would be a treat, I sure miss those burgers moving back east 10 years ago.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Bill,
I would like to tag along for in and out and speedtech
see you there on Thursday
will also need to see what Jeff S. is up to.
cya
M.Masters
Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Well boys, we might just have ourselves a convoy!

What time do you get into SoCal Doc?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Well boys, we might just have ourselves a convoy!

What time do you get into SoCal Doc?
One heck of a convoy, The guys from Seattle will be heading that way on Thirsday night as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.