Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone know what the nats layout is going to be?

-James
Old 08-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck

-James
Arluck,
I heard that we are all racing dirt oval on the off-road track. Left turn only.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

-James

Well depends who sets it up if it's Dave Jun it will be technical and fun. Then if it's ?????? look forward to the 2X4's at the end of the strait away.....
Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I heard that we are all racing dirt oval on the off-road track. Left turn only.
Well depends who sets it up if it's Dave Jun it will be technical and fun. Then if it's ?????? look forward to the 2X4's at the end of the strait away.....
...which demonstrates just how good my 'insider' information is: I heard figure eight!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Well boys i hate to break it to you but for the second year in a row i will not be at the Tamiya North American finals. I will be concentraiting on the IIC race in Las Vegas Nevada for my second year. Last year it sucked missing the 2005 race but this year is sucking enve more cause this is my second year in a row that i am missing. But i'm doing it for a good creason getting some world championship expiereince before I win the Tamiya North American and go to Japan which i plan to win one day. but don't worry folks i will be hera next year cause i'll be arriving from the Tamiya track not by plane 4 hours away, but by car five minutes away cause i will be living in Laguna Nigel California about 5 minutes from the Tamiya track. So I will return! and when i race in th NA finals again i won't be citizen of The Badger State I will be a Citizen of the land of milk and honey, the golden state.

Right now i'm rooting for "Jeffy" Stevens to win the NA finals cause he's the man! and he's the underdog of all tamiya underdogs!

-Lee
Old 08-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Right now i'm rooting for "Jeffy" Stevens to win the NA finals cause he's the man! and he's the underdog of all tamiya underdogs
And I also understand that it is his birthday!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Leester
Well boys i hate to break it to you but for the second year in a row i will not be at the Tamiya North American finals. I will be concentraiting on the IIC race in Las Vegas Nevada for my second year. Last year it sucked missing the 2005 race but this year is sucking enve more cause this is my second year in a row that i am missing. But i'm doing it for a good creason getting some world championship expiereince before I win the Tamiya North American and go to Japan which i plan to win one day. but don't worry folks i will be hera next year cause i'll be arriving from the Tamiya track not by plane 4 hours away, but by car five minutes away cause i will be living in Laguna Nigel California about 5 minutes from the Tamiya track. So I will return! and when i race in th NA finals again i won't be citizen of The Badger State I will be a Citizen of the land of milk and honey, the golden state.

Right now i'm rooting for "Jeffy" Stevens to win the NA finals cause he's the man! and he's the underdog of all tamiya underdogs!

-Lee
Lee,
I hope Jeff will let me tuck in behind him on that long Tamiya straightway with all that "Black Can Horsepower " so maybe I might have a chance to be competitive. Based on the last race there in July at Tamiya, there are several very competitive folks that can win it all and go to Japan. The Spec Batteries and Motor rule and don't forget the weight limit 1550 grams ought to make this years GT2 race very exciting and possibly frustrating for a few?

Just like Nascar when they get to the restrictor races it will proabaly be every man for them selves for the win!

Sorry, you can't make it this year again. It just is not the same here at Tamiya without you guys out there.

Steve.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

"It's Showtime!"
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
"It's Showtime!"
Man, I don't even get HBO

To those running in the Mini Frog class. Promatch makes matched packs. I had the opportunity to try them yesterday and holy cow! Then I put in my brushless system...three words best describe my lil frog "TOO MUCH POWER!" This should be fun.

I'm looking forward to Past Chumps but am a little bummed that Martin can't race. Chassis has no tires and no motor in it, how do we go about getting stuff so we can practice in "race spec" ?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default speedweek has begun

so who's on the track? speedweek has official begun!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For all you guys flying in:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060814/..._losangeles_dc

So who brought a "toy transmitter" into an airplane creating an evacuation at LAX? Maybe a TCS racer?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Man, I don't even get HBO

To those running in the Mini Frog class. Promatch makes matched packs. I had the opportunity to try them yesterday and holy cow! Then I put in my brushless system...three words best describe my lil frog "TOO MUCH POWER!" This should be fun.

I'm looking forward to Past Chumps but am a little bummed that Martin can't race. Chassis has no tires and no motor in it, how do we go about getting stuff so we can practice in "race spec" ?

Good question Rod....We will probably get our brushless systems right before practice ends on Saturday morning. Fred mentioned RP30's for spec tire.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The car is packed, TAO5 is at 1551 grams, 7 hours before I can hit the road. The workday is gonna pass soooooo slow. See everyone at the track tomorrow.

-James
Old 08-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

The car is packed, TAO5 is at 1551 grams, 7 hours before I can hit the road. The workday is gonna pass soooooo slow. See everyone at the track tomorrow.

-James
countin down
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by hpipro321
countin down
this day seems SOOOOOOO LOOOOONG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.