Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No excuse Mike now that the has been class is around you can come back and have fun.
I forgot how much fun the week is down there. It feels a little different not having the J-trip in mind but the ration of **it that was doled out amongst the 10 of us PC guys was fun.
I'll be back next year along with the 4 new just did's to help and have more fun

Dan
Old 09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OSherman
haha... In-n-Out is the best, indeed...But you guys do have WhiteCastles, dont you?...being from St.Louis originally, i still crave a half dozen, now and then...haven't had any for over 10 years, but the urge is still there...
They are not in wisconsin. I think the closest one is in Chicago.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy
They are not in wisconsin. I think the closest one is in Chicago.
Oh yes they are! In Kenosha You half Japanese freak!
wakka wakka!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dude, in and out isn't any different then George Webbs.

Garber, how bout coming out to the great midwest in January for the Novak race or February for our Carpet TCS?
Old 09-30-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

I am planning on coming out for Novak. Got an extra couch to sleep on??

Gotta freeze my ass off (there is lots) The race looks fun and I have wanted to go back there for awhile
Old 09-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Ill always remember what Scotty said just before Tamiya closed the doors: "DAMN YOU SUANGKA!"
Old 09-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: TCS Nats

and finally to the members of TAOB, you guys are what the hobby is all about. I didn't get meet you all, but i saw your interaction with my brother (Scotty) and the other people there at the track. Keep up with what your doing. You're a great bunch of guys!
On behalf of the TAOB team, we'd like to thank everyone involved for giving us amateur racers a wonderful funfilled weekend. Our hats off to the Tamiya crew who time and again shows the industry why they are the best of the best.

Jeff... thanks for the compliments, I'm sure to let all our members know how you guys feel about the team. BTW, Aren't you joining Scotty at the HPI Worlds in Vegas? Hope to see you guys there... it should be another one heck of a weekend with Scotty announcing the race! TAOB will surely be there to represent.

Ian Aquino
Old 10-01-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: TCS Nats

Originally posted by eeyan

Jeff... thanks for the compliments, I'm sure to let all our members know how you guys feel about the team. BTW, Aren't you joining Scotty at the HPI Worlds in Vegas? Hope to see you guys there... it should be another one heck of a weekend with Scotty announcing the race! TAOB will surely be there to represent.

Ian Aquino
Unfortunately i will be unable to attend, I need to work. But I am making plans already for next year's TCS!

Enclosed is a picture of a couple of your team members on the stand with Tommy Dale from Trackside

See ya Next year
Jeff

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 09-14-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

I wonder how many more pictures are floating out there?
Old 10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I wonder how many more pictures are floating out there?
I personally took 172 pictures last weekend. (not all of racing stuff). Gotta love digital cameras!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: TCS Nats

Unfortunately i will be unable to attend, I need to work. But I am making plans already for next year's TCS!

Enclosed is a picture of a couple of your team members on the stand with Tommy Dale from Trackside

See ya Next year
Jeff
That's me and Jaz! cool...Thanks a lot Hossier!
I myself had a lot of fun! It was a fun and intense weekend. Got to meet good people and can't wait for next year...now where is that TB02?
Old 10-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To All-

What a GREAT TIME we had at the TCS Nats!!!! I've attended many national events over the years, and Tamiya puts on the best show of them all. It's great to see guys come off of the stand in the lower Mains just as excited about their results as the people who are running in the A...plus the prizes...the super track...great food...excellent weather...fair and even competition...it all adds up to a top notch event. Special thanks go out to Fred and the Tamiya crew for working so hard and long to make it happen, to Charlie for the excellent announcing, and the Past Champions for being willing to spend the money to come all the way out there just for bragging rights. Personally, I'm very proud to be able to say that I finished 8th in the most competitive field of Mini drivers I've ever seen.

Like Gary said, Tamiya events are becoming more and more like family reunions. I was fortunate to attend the very first TCS race in Aliso when the track opened, and about 30 more of them around the country since. Each one has been a pleasure and an opportunity to renew friendships and make new ones.

To Marty and Paul, Gary, Lee, Matt & Steve, Mark, Tommy, Scotty (yes, Sara beat me in Sedan :-0) and all of my good Tamiya friends, I look forward to another wonderful year of racing and friendship in 2004!

Doc
Old 10-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Doc, it was great to race against you again, but really...A Pink Car?!?!?! Comon now....

I took over 300 pics, and I would post some here, but they are all over 1mb in size, and this site only lets you go up to 200kb. The TRF site has some there already.

Izzy, I don't know if the TB02 is going to be all that. There seemed to be a lot of flex in the one at the Richta show. Then again, they may release an OP graphite injected one, like on the 04.

Yeah, it is like a family reunion. Just remember what Ben Franklin said though:

After three days, both fish and family (Garber) begin to stink
Old 10-01-2003, 02:08 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I took over 300 pics, and I would post some here, but they are all over 1mb in size, and this site only lets you go up to 200kb. The TRF site has some there already.
Gary - Yeah... Thats why you resize them. ..haha..

The ones you sent me were freaking huge, but I was playing in photoshop, made you look fast...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-cheesewhizblur.jpg  
Old 10-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Need more pictures. Preferably F201!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.