Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
Radar, who are you? i think i do remember you. were the man who drew that person on the marker board that said. "Hey don't worry lee be happy" after i broke in one race? Maybe it wasn't you but you know me for some reason. what class did you run the the Illinois race on March 29 1998? It seems you were at the Wisconsin touring car races. i couldn't know who you were but you sure know who i am.

Please tell me. who are you? I'm not saying this to be offensive.

-Lee

PS you probably forgot that when my dad won that car kit he gave it to a 6 year old kid who was so egar to win the raffle. which was real cool.
Hey Lee,
At that same race , you were unstoppable in F1, I chased you for the whole 5 minutes and could not catch you. I would say that your performance was flawless that day.
Brad
Old 08-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Still no hints as to what 23-turn motor we'll be running in GT1? RZ or RR. Are they really the same, or does one have more torque/RPM/etc. I'd like to know what motors to pick up for my practice runs on Thursday/Friday.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fred didn't give away what GT1 would be running, but said he should know next week. He also said the 415MSX MRE won't be legal to run unless Tamiya gets them in stock be Nationals. He said they could have them the day before
Old 08-05-2006, 11:50 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Double Post
Old 08-06-2006, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
hmmm....maybe I can paint the novak 4.5 look like a mabuchi
A chrome dip might be cooler.....

Originally Posted by linger
Mr. Medel says we're using the 6.5. How fast are the 6.5's?? 12 turn speed, 19 turn speed?
I would say the 6.5 at the lowest was a 14 turn, that is being kind. A friend has a BL collection and with the 6.5 he could not noticibly keep up with my 10t. Our driving was the same, batteries and handling. . . He lets other poeple borrow it, not very exciting, lets just say its a brushless.. . . .

A month ago I ran open mod against a 3.5 I would easily say that could be around a 9t - 10t. The 3.5 was pretty impressive and he let me try a few laps with it. I would love to see it in the hands of the Chumps!

Then again if you are running TA05s (same friend with the 6.5) has problems with chassis flex, belt skipping running super hot BL systems....
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
i wonder which novak brushless system...the new stock one.. the new 3.5..????
Agreed...any sport system the 3.5 or 2.5 the even newer -4.5 (so fast it's got a negative)
Old 08-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A-Ko
A chrome dip might be cooler.....

I would say the 6.5 at the lowest was a 14 turn, that is being kind. A friend has a BL collection and with the 6.5 he could not noticibly keep up with my 10t. Our driving was the same, batteries and handling. . . He lets other poeple borrow it, not very exciting, lets just say its a brushless.. . . .

A month ago I ran open mod against a 3.5 I would easily say that could be around a 9t - 10t. The 3.5 was pretty impressive and he let me try a few laps with it. I would love to see it in the hands of the Chumps!

Then again if you are running TA05s (same friend with the 6.5) has problems with chassis flex, belt skipping running super hot BL systems....
a 3.5 with a ta05 will completly screw up your chasis, i think the only way to do it is use the xenon ugrade chasis and stuff like that
Old 08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by hpipro321
a 3.5 with a ta05 will completly screw up your chasis, i think the only way to do it is use the xenon ugrade chasis and stuff like that
ummm. i think that would be a little to flimsy as well. I would suggest a 3 racing double deck chassis. real stiff and lightweight. i even made 11th in hte Stock rubber nationals with it and missed the top ten by 6 seconds. I even hung with heavly sponsored racers who had won national and regional championship and had placed in the top 5 in the IIC race and even hung with jeff brown with the TA05 for the eniter race and only lost to him by less than two seconds and that was no easy task it was very very hard. here's the link to find the chassis

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=16774

They also havea SSG grahite chassis as well but it costs a little bit more
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=16774
Old 08-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Leester, do you have any pics of your 05 with the 3-Racing chassis you could post?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nationals GT2 Battery cost?

Any idea how much the hand-out GP3300 batteries will cost for the nationals?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

From http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=225

"Spec Battery and Motor Pricing
23 Turn GT-1 & F-1 Spec motor $25.00
Gold Peak 3300 MAH Spec Battery for GT-2 & Mini $29.00
Sport Tuned Black Mabuchi Motor for GT-2 & Mini $15.00

A maximum of 2 batteries and 2 motors may be used for qualifying and racing. The batteries and motors must be pre-teched prior to the first round of qualifying on Saturday. All spec motors and batteris must be turned in to tech at the end of each race day starting on Friday night. Spec motors and batteries are not allowed to be taken home for Voodoo speed witchcraft."

-James
Old 08-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default f201

Come on people interested in f201, sign up or lose it. Tamiya was nice enough to add it back into the schedule so we should support it. As of right now only 2 people are signed up. Is surely won't happen if we don't get more signups.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:26 PM

What the fudge, The MINI rules section states:
#9. "The Tamiya Black Sport Tuned motor will be the Spec motor used for the Finals. A Maximum of 3 motors may be TECHED for racing and qualifying. ?
#10. "The Tamiya Branded GP 3300 Mah NIMH stick pack will be the spec battery used for the finals. A Maximum of 3 batteries may be TECHED for racing and qualifying. The stock battery plugs may be changed. "

But the new added rules at the top of the web state:
"A maximum of 2 batteries and 2 motors may be used for qualifying and racing. The batteries and motors must be pre-teched prior to the first round of qualifying on Saturday. All spec motors and batteris must be turned in to tech at the end of each race day starting on Friday night. Spec motors and batteries are not allowed to be taken home for Voodoo speed witchcraft."
I guess I will save money on batteries and motors but I fear the heat will lead to greatly reduced performance of the spec batts and motors. We shall see.

also....
The rules on the web state:
"The Customer Service department will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. Make sure to get the spare parts you need prior to Saturday."
But my confirmation email states:
"The Tamiya America Customer Service parts counter is open Monday thru Friday
from 8:00am to 4:00pm. The Customer Service parts counter will also be open
both Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am to 2:00pm."

Also.... is tire additve legal, I know the general rules state:
10. Tire conditioners are allowed on rubber tires in all classes, but may be restricted at certain venues. (some TCS host sites do not allow additives due to the track being indoors and the lack of ventilation)
Have you decided yet?

Fred, could you please clarify for us?

RADAR.... ping.....
Old 08-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Radar,

Relax buudy...... its ok.

Rules changed for the better. 2 batts and motors , keep it cheaper for everyone else.

You can use tire additives at Tamiya USA

Customer service will be closed, but Tamiya will have a tent set up for tires, tire inserts,motors, batteries.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lbckevin

Rules changed for the better. 2 batts and motors , keep it cheaper for everyone else.
Change is good...

$88 for the whole package. With only 2 black cans, Fred's tryin' to keep us honest. Smoke `em both and your race weekend is over. GT-2 and Mini are going to very interesting this year.

I think Tamiya should do up a special T-shirt for us that reads somethink like, "I ran the BLACK CAN and survived..."

... to be handed out at the end of the weekend, of course.

TCs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.