Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Rally could be fun. . .
And here I thought my suggestion was absurd
Old 07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Didn't you hear Doc? For Mini it's going to be a return to old-school parking lot racing and you guys are going to run on the unprepared school parking lot next door as ten of us hand-score you guys while Fred keeps track of timing with a stop watch
Actually word on the street is that there will be ramps in the infield and a stunt show, but thats just a rumor
Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Gary and Fred,

Thanks for adding f201 back into the mix... I signed up.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

hay fred
are you goning to have power in the temp. tent this time or will drivers have to bring generators like we did at the tcs on the 23rd don
Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Rally could be fun. . .
Yeah, those M-03's have all the jumping prowess of a rock - might be another advantage for those M04's - at least they wouldn't nose dive.

Has anyone else been doing any motor testing on black cans to test for amp draw after a routine motor break in? (Break in = water dip or run in, not "breaking into" the can or trying one of those twisting comms (illegal).

Rules currently say 1.9 amps at 2volts [tenative] - if that level of 1.9 sticks are we going to have a lot of DQ's? I love the idea of trying to keep the motor field level and with legal motors, but I would hate to see half the field DQ'd if the 1.9A figure isn't realistic.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Then if you are at 1.9 at 2v then you just run your motor and no complaining.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Just in from the rumor mill "RC Inquirer" you must choose wisely in regards to the Spec GP3300 Batteries that will be used for GT2, Mini. It is rumored that these stick packs have been on the shelf for over 2 years and there could be possible issues ???? Imagine ???? 1.) Black Can Motor Management. 2.) GP3300 stick packs that have secrets. I will have to hand to Fred, he is making this year "Very Interesting" to say the least. The Motor dyno's and battery management equipment will be worth there wait in gold this year at least. "Could this be the start of some type of Nascar Room of Doom"
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minidriver
Yeah, those M-03's have all the jumping prowess of a rock - might be another advantage for those M04's - at least they wouldn't nose dive.

Has anyone else been doing any motor testing on black cans to test for amp draw after a routine motor break in? (Break in = water dip or run in, not "breaking into" the can or trying one of those twisting comms (illegal).

Rules currently say 1.9 amps at 2volts [tenative] - if that level of 1.9 sticks are we going to have a lot of DQ's? I love the idea of trying to keep the motor field level and with legal motors, but I would hate to see half the field DQ'd if the 1.9A figure isn't realistic.
I thought minis were better at bouncing than jumping. . .

I am looking at finishing my motor testing next week. I have 4 sport tuned that each have at least of 5-1/2 hours of break-in time and some water dipping. One I have been racing all summer and the other 3 are almost finished breaking in. When the rules came out I was just as nervous as everybody else. I don't do anything "illegal" to my motors (like twisting or arm replacement). I like to break-in my motors so they can be geared hotter and last longer.

I think if people post their numbers they find with new or used cans with honest techniques can be benificial for establishing a benchmark. If any of my cans are "illegal", from my bench testing, I think there is a problem with the method or the benchmark needs to be a little higher.

I know D-day Friday I will be busy trying to get over 5 hours breakin time on 3 motors and seeing what numbers my 3 batteries are showing.

Originally Posted by hickmeister
"Could this be the start of some type of Nascar Room of Doom"
Your Killing Me. . .
Old 08-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

...and then there's the heat. Based on our experience at the Aliso regional TCS, those (unmatched, two year old, unequalized) stick packs are going to come off the charger red hot.

Motors will come off the track kinda blazin' too, but with a Mini there's not really much choice in the way of gearing and the motors are ALWAYS hot, even after a five minute run. Not concerned about run time in my class, but voltage...well that's a whole 'nother story
Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just in from the rumor mill "RC Inquirer" you must choose wisely in regards to the Spec GP3300 Batteries that will be used for GT2, Mini. It is rumored that these stick packs have been on the shelf for over 2 years and there could be possible issues ???? Imagine ???? 1.) Black Can Motor Management. 2.) GP3300 stick packs that have secrets. I will have to hand to Fred, he is making this year "Very Interesting" to say the least. The Motor dyno's and battery management equipment will be worth there wait in gold this year at least. "Could this be the start of some type of Nascar Room of Doom"
I heard that the spec packs are actually being matched and zapped by circus midgets after hours at an undisclosed location. The black cans are actually rare earth magnet brushless units and the stock of B3's are actually RP30's with Tamiya molded in. Also heard that if there is an incident at the first turn there will be a restart and spare cars will be allowed.That work for ya Steve?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I heard that the spec packs are actually being matched and zapped by circus midgets after hours at an undisclosed location.
Well at least that is something. . . I just hope we can identify which one is Fred for the pie throwing contest. . .
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

I'm in for that!!!!!
but easy on Fred! his doing the best he can
Mini looks to be fun I don't see much difference in the black motors or is just me??
see you guys in two weeks
M.Masters
Old 08-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver

guess it depends on the acuracy of your motor checking device....have seen them very just a tad (as much as .4a...with the same munufacturers unit)

When in doubt....use FMW's motor checker
FYI - grip was amazing last Sat. when the temps droped (black can mini was a hoot)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

I feel that Fred has done a great job at getting the playing field level. taking the High $$ Batteries and the special tweaks on the motors out of the equation should make for great racing and possible drama with the possibilty of Black Can Motors going "Ka Blamo" on the front straight on the last lap of a "A" main qualifier or a possible nuclear melt down of the batteries.
I just can't wait to see how this story will unfold, it should be a lot of fun!!!!
If the weather is like it was a couple of weeks ago I am sure we will be seeing some "Dry Ice" out on the starting grid just like F1???
I believe it will come down to "Roll Speed" through the corners in GT2 and Mini and how does one handle traffic in the heat of battle thru the inner sweeper and the carousel.

Steve.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I feel that Fred has done a great job at getting the playing field level. taking the High $$ Batteries and the special tweaks on the motors out of the equation should make for great racing and possible drama with the possibilty of Black Can Motors going "Ka Blamo" on the front straight on the last lap of a "A" main qualifier or a possible nuclear melt down of the batteries.
I just can't wait to see how this story will unfold, it should be a lot of fun!!!!
If the weather is like it was a couple of weeks ago I am sure we will be seeing some "Dry Ice" out on the starting grid just like F1???
I believe it will come down to "Roll Speed" through the corners in GT2 and Mini and how does one handle traffic in the heat of battle thru the inner sweeper and the carousel.

Steve.
steve it should be real fun. i had lots of fun racing against you up in seattle! btw..when do you guys arrive?

so who's keeping a countdown?!?!?! how many days left?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.