Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

so is this the TCS Nats thread...
Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now you know how we felt with the F103...a REAL F1 car
Old 07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like F-1 is back in as a class at the Nationals! TCS Nationals without an F-1 class is like a real F-1 calandar without Spa or Monaco. I hope there's a decent turnout of F-1 drivers.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

There you go guys....Straight from Tamiya USA and George Canare....

Break out those F201's for one more time......
Old 07-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gary,
Your name suggestions are duely noted, ya jackass. If I had a Hageman right now i'd kick it. (jk, lol ,& atbs) Anyways no sense in obsessing on the 201, I struggled at first but stuck with it and actually started to enjoy the car. I just hope they come out with something to fill the void. F1 is too cool to let die, I know that licensing fees are killing them but hopefully a little creativity will prevail. I do have to say that the 103GT with the courage body is very cool. It is the first tamiya product to get me excited in a while. Hopefully they will do a series of LMP bodies so we can race them. An Audi R10 would be cool, as would one of the lolas and even though its not my favorite cars the porsche rs spyder could work too.Nothing is as cool as F1 though, its what got me into Tamiya in the first place. Long live F1 at the TCS!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got one to buy if anyone interested!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Looks like F-1 is back in as a class at the Nationals! TCS Nationals without an F-1 class is like a real F-1 calandar without Spa or Monaco. I hope there's a decent turnout of F-1 drivers.
Hmmm I didn't think it was April 1st. . .

Last edited by A-Ko; 07-28-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Are you serous George? I don't see the rules on the national page. F-1 is my favorite class. Lots of good memories of close battles on the track with those F201

Steve Wang
Old 07-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

There's an F1 box to check on the sign-ups that wasn't there a few days ago.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Check the registration page for the TCS Nationals.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/register06nats.php

Good luck to everyone, it should be a great show.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 PM

OK, I finaly have my tickets for SNA on the 17th. I'll see you all at the track late that day (Thursday for the calender impaired). Not looking forward to the TSA at O'Hare. They are worse than John Houda's strip down "screw" search at the Nationals a few years ago. If it wasn't for Brian being right there, I think the guy wudda 'popped' him. (Brian is the Sargent at Arms, isn't he?)
To all you guys with 201's, I have felt your pain and it sucks. The last showing of F-103 saw 5 min. quailifying times only 6 seconds behind open motor mod GT-1, and that was with silver cans. The fast guys were awesum to observe as the F-103 was at it's pinicle in 2002. Tom, hats off and are you comimg in 2006? Beals win was briliant in 2000. He just sat back and waited for the first Chen Hwa Chen School of Driving class last lap hack on the race leader (Hagerman) for his sweeper pass between two spinning F-1's. The F-1 race with Katser in 2001 was a bit more painfull to watch as lesson two of the Chen Hwa Chen School of Driving took Gary out followed by a shortened excursion across the island for the win. (also painfull because I didn't make the A main) A simultainious low point and high point in F-1 racing.
FRED, Bring back F-103 as a class like you teased at Trackside.
I think I've got the M03 ready for Johny C. this year. I've been tweeking on the set-up with help from Dave W. It will be too bad when I beat Dave this year since he thinks he has a lagitimate shot again. (I think he does too) I hear from my sources that the Virginia Visigoth Mini Master Mertes was plenty fast and possibly had the best Mini at the recent TCS race. We will see if his vintage eyes work better with a bit'o light.
I was thinking of trying my hand at GT-1 this year until the request for sponsored drivers to run GT-1. They are just a bit too good for me at this stage of my driving, but I am getting better. Maybe next year. GT-1 should be called the $415 spec class. It is a great car but too rich for my wallet. I hope the EVO 5 has something for it. Shaft's ROCK.
GT-2. What can I say? Tub cars that work great and in the right tuning and drive hands can push right past a good 415. I think GT-2 will be the most cometitive it has ever been. I expect some drivers will run the tires right off the car again, even glued ones. I don't know which class Juan A. will run, (GT-1 or GT-2) But I expect another Aveytia Sedan Driving Clinic at Nationals.
OK, the last area of comment is the Past Champ Race. The rumor mill sounds like Master Crisp will not be in attendance. Worse yet, Mr. Earnst has Vegas on his mind and should be a no show also. Big Dan could be the next King, There is plenty of tallent banking on being there out front at the finish line.
That's all for now from the Land of Lincoln.

RADAR....... ping.......
Old 07-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Three weeks to go......TICK....TOCK

Mini class is gonna be fun to watch. I wonder how many M04s will be out there mixing it up with the M03s? Watching them last week, it didn't look like the M04 gearing had much of an advantage. Lap times look almost dead even. Will the short mini track play a role? Will the black can be too much torque for the front drives? Glad I'm not racing mini this year, so I can watch all the action.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mini class is gonna be fun to watch.
Yep, I agree- gonna be a good year. Should be interesting to see whether the traditional Aliso setup works as well with the black motors as it has with the silver cans, as well as how Fred is going to make the track different for that class.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Yep, I agree- gonna be a good year. Should be interesting to see whether the traditional Aliso setup works as well with the black motors as it has with the silver cans, as well as how Fred is going to make the track different for that class.
Didn't you hear Doc? For Mini it's going to be a return to old-school parking lot racing and you guys are going to run on the unprepared school parking lot next door as ten of us hand-score you guys while Fred keeps track of timing with a stop watch
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Fred is going to make the track different for that class.
Rally could be fun. . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.